Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:45 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,961 times

Advertisements

I'm a white woman, I've been with my fiancee for 10 years and he is black, I have never dated a white man and I have honestly never understood what the big deal was. The fact is that I have dated a lot of different types of black men, but I have never been attracted to white men at all. Nothing wrong with them, they just aren't my cup of tea. I could care less who anyone else dated. I have heard complaints by black women who claim that white women are taking all the good black men, that's silly imo, there is no limit to any type of guy, I think they might just be looking in the wrong places for the wrong kind of man. Everyone needs to try to keep an open mind.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:50 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
I'm a white woman, I've been with my fiancee for 10 years and he is black, I have never dated a white man and I have honestly never understood what the big deal was. The fact is that I have dated a lot of different types of black men, but I have never been attracted to white men at all. Nothing wrong with them, they just aren't my cup of tea. I could care less who anyone else dated. I have heard complaints by black women who claim that white women are taking all the good black men, that's silly imo, there is no limit to any type of guy, I think they might just be looking in the wrong places for the wrong kind of man. Everyone needs to try to keep an open mind.
More power to ya.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 PM

262 posts, read 486,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Who are those women to tell her to get out? Has she contacted a moderator of that board about those women harassing her?
To say what? "These imaginary enemies in my head that I tell my gullible friend about won't leave me alone?" Most people on a dating service are looking out for THEMSELVES, especially if they're paying for it. What the OP's friend meant was "this black woman said something nasty to me one time," but that's not what she told the OP.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:09 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
i just dated what was in the local pool, well not the aquatic pool, but you get me. in most cases it was black or brown. i would never shut the door on anyone.

people who strictly date one race/ethnicity are pretty silly to me. and if a white women only dates black men, thats suspect. almost like she dont like being what she is. why limit yourself and your heart by not dating other people?

man just let love happen. give love a chance. get lovin or get dying. love peace and bacon grease.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i just dated what was in the local pool, well not the aquatic pool, but you get me. in most cases it was black or brown. i would never shut the door on anyone.

people who strictly date one race/ethnicity are pretty silly to me. and if a white women only dates black men, thats suspect. almost like she dont like being what she is. why limit yourself and your heart by not dating other people?

man just let love happen. give love a chance. get lovin or get dying. love peace and bacon grease.
Hey, the're nothing wrong with limitations. I have limitations myself. Lets say if black men date interracially but they exclusively date white women, do you think that's shallow?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:14 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,335 times
I was in an interracial relationship before they were all that common 20+ years ago. I am white and he was a man I met during the 2 years I lived in Africa. He came here to the states several months after I came home and we were together for 4 years here. So, obviously, I have nothing against interracial relationships at all.

When I see an interracial relationship now, I'm happy that it seems to be more accepted and common now because it wasn't easy being in that kind of relationship back then (due to prejudices.) The problems we encountered with housing discrimination and with my own family's prejudices helped to break us up (though there were other cultural factors as well.) My thought is that if you love each other, the color of your skin should not matter.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
I was in an interracial relationship before they were all that common 20+ years ago. I am white and he was a man I met during the 2 years I lived in Africa. He came here to the states several months after I came home and we were together for 4 years here. So, obviously, I have nothing against interracial relationships at all.
You sure you're not Obama's mother?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:37 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyGWoods View Post
To say what? "These imaginary enemies in my head that I tell my gullible friend about won't leave me alone?" Most people on a dating service are looking out for THEMSELVES, especially if they're paying for it. What the OP's friend meant was "this black woman said something nasty to me one time," but that's not what she told the OP.
I think you need to re-read the post.

Quote:
Unfortunately, she is not welcome by many black women. In fact, they get royally pis** off at her. She is on some of the dating boards that are exclusive to black men. She has her picture there and gets a lot of negative email from black women to GET OUT!
Why should the friend put up with that harassment?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:34 PM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,555 times
Some of you may remember the old cross colours logo that said "Love sees no color"? I am a firm believer in that concept. If a couple treats each other wonderfully, who cares what color they are as long as they're happy?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjuel View Post
Some of you may remember the old cross colours logo that said "Love sees no color"? I am a firm believer in that concept. If a couple treats each other wonderfully, who cares what color they are as long as they're happy?
I'm glad I wasn't born during the civil right movement or prior to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships