Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 12:59 PM

874 posts, read 3,680,451 times

Advertisements

What is your opinion if you found out your partner cheated on you? Do you ever think there is a valid reason to be unfaithful? Is there any room for forgiveness and trust that your mate will never cheat again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 01:02 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,239 times
been there done that....cheating is obviously wrong and there is absolutely no valid reason to be unfaithful....none at all.....if you don't like where you are then leave, unless that is, somone actually does have a gun to your head....

I do however, belive that people can change.....I absolutely belive that everyone (within reason) deserves a second chance.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:03 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,375 times
People can change. No little kid in kindergarden says I want to grow up to be street bum, and lose my family due to alcohilism.

On the flip side some people who have fallen, recover/repent and have wonderful lives.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:04 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,871,177 times
Yes, she's always a cheater. I would definitly leave her.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
Really so you don't think theres ever any room to change under any circumstances?

Old 07-18-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
People can change. No little kid in kindergarden says I want to grow up to be street bum, and lose my family due to alcohilism.

On the flip side some people who have fallen, recover/repent and have wonderful lives.
I like your answer..this is very true. Especially if you are the cheater and you know deep down inside that you were wrong and really want to change and make things work.

I always had a hard time when people would say once a cheater always a cheater..i think thats false in some cases.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:08 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
To Each his own but if that were true my husband and I wouldn't be together and so happily married right now.......people really do change....some don't but some really do.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:11 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
Really so you don't think theres ever any room to change under any circumstances?
This phrase is usually chanted by the jilted/cheated on, or the rationalizers who cheat and want an excuse for their actions. Is this person making efforts to change. Are they remorsed at their actions. It's one thing to simply say "I'm sorry", it's another thing to examine why it was done, and seek to correct what led to it.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:12 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,482,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
What is your opinion if you found out your partner cheated on you? Do you ever think there is a valid reason to be unfaithful? Is there any room for forgiveness and trust that your mate will never cheat again?
I'd have nothing but hatred in my heart, and thats an understatement

Old 07-18-2008, 01:17 PM

Optiflex,

Exactly. It then becomes a process, it can take years to salvage the relationship because you have to gain this person's trust all over again and this person has to prove themselves as well.

When one cheats and is genuinely sorry, I think in many cases, if you work hard enough, the relationship can work..it just takes time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships