Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:17 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Now that makes sense! No greasy protective coating of the stomach for them!
Too bad that alcohol absorbs into your bloodstream at the same rate; whether there is food in your stomach or not.

I've brought this question up quite a few times and the overwhelming response was that women do not want to appear to be pigs, so they eat sparingly.

You don't want to eat because it'll give you bad breathe? Oh please. That is one lame excuse. Do what guys do and pop a breathe mint on the way home.

The one about food in the teeth.........uh, yeah, that is what the bathroom mirror is for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 04:19 AM

519 posts, read 1,697,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Too bad that alcohol absorbs into your bloodstream at the same rate; whether there is food in your stomach or not.

I've brought this question up quite a few times and the overwhelming response was that women do not want to appear to be pigs, so they eat sparingly.

You don't want to eat because it'll give you bad breathe? Oh please. That is one lame excuse. Do what guys do and pop a breathe mint on the way home.

The one about food in the teeth.........uh, yeah, that is what the bathroom mirror is for.
This thread is hilarious.

In my early 20s, I typically wouldn't eat much because I would be nervous.

But now I don't really care! I love garlic and onions and salads and green curry ... and I'll eat it on a date; I just figure it will weed out the guys.

I was working in my university writing center as a tutor, and one of the other male tutors asked me out of the blue, "are you a meat and potatoes kind of girl?" Umm ... that was an interesting line. But, yes, I'd eat steak on a date! Just don't take me to seafood -- I hate it!

Old 07-23-2008, 04:52 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
My sisters would come home from a date and ask me to take them somewhere to eat????
because they are very shy and afraid to eat in front of a guy...

Old 07-23-2008, 07:47 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
*sigh*

Ya know...for weeks now I've seen this topic on the list, and always read it as

"Why Don't Girls Eat Dates?"

...I figured it was just another weird female food preference question...

Old 07-23-2008, 08:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
*sigh*

Ya know...for weeks now I've seen this topic on the list, and always read it as

"Why Don't Girls Eat Dates?"

...I figured it was just another weird female food preference question...
What a great idea! Me likie this item on the menu! Chewing them up and spitting them out sounds even more appetizing than eating them!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:50 AM

2,588 posts, read 5,432,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Hey, I knew what I wanted in a gal and that is exactly what I got in my (now) wife. We BOTH love steak and Bud Light!! Say what you want, but Tony the Tiger even says "Bud Light is GGGGGGGGGGGREAT!!"
Oh, no! You've corrupted Tony the Tiger? Just when I thought one hero in life would maintain his high standards .... Sniff. I'm going to go drown my sorrows in a hamburger and fine champagne.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:52 AM

2,588 posts, read 5,432,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
And it helps them attain those one-night stands women so greatly desire.
Aww. Why did you have to tell everyone that? I mean, that was our little secret. Now, it's out. Yes, all women want one-night stands. You men are nothing but meat to us! Now we gotta have another meeting and think of something else. Sigh.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
What a great idea! Me likie this item on the menu! Chewing them up and spitting them out sounds even more appetizing than eating them!
No, no! "Dates" as in...as in...

*double sigh* All right - go ahead. Just make sure you masticate well.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
No, no! "Dates" as in...as in...

*double sigh* All right - go ahead. Just make sure you masticate well.
Sure, dates as in

And careful with the pits!

Old 07-23-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Sure, dates as in

And careful with the pits!
I'm glad you figured that out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships