Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 02:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
Uhhh... YOU'RE the "sifter" ...
My sifter appears to not be fine enough... Wish a better one came up on the market.

There's another law of attraction - we all want the people we can't have and not those we can have and may even be way better. Sad state of affairs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 08:03 PM

123 posts, read 352,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

There's another law of attraction - we all want the people we can't have and not those we can have and may even be way better. Sad state of affairs...
That sounds a lot like the law of ego talking...LOL.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,243,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princ3ss06 View Post
That sounds a lot like the law of ego talking...LOL.
It does, doesn't it?!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:42 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,485,878 times
It hasn't worked for me so no I don't believe in it.
I agree with some of the other posters that it's just feelgood stuff.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:46 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,173,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princ3ss06 View Post
I have been doing a lot of reading these days and this was just one of the books I picked up. Funnily enough, I noticed a number of people are also firm believers of this. You can check out the book here Home*-*Law of ATTRACTION - Michael Losier

Anyone here read this before? comments?
It works. It has worked for me in the past, in non-financial applications. Most people are totally misled by the concept. It is not so easy as it seems. The people that it does NOT work for are not doing it right.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-19-2008, 09:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,828,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It works. It has worked for me in the past, in non-financial applications. Most people are totally misled by the concept. It is not so easy as it seems. The people that it does NOT work for are not doing it right.

20yrsinBranson
Perhaps you could explain how to "do it right"?

Old 11-19-2008, 09:54 PM

Perhaps what works for some may not work for everyone.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:15 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,173,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Perhaps you could explain how to "do it right"?
You cannot just believe. You cannot believe it will happen nor think it will happen nor think to yourself...."if I believe this it will happen". You must live every moment of every day as though it has happened already. Never for one instant of time allowing a "what if" or negative thought to enter into your mind. Because the minute you do that destroys it.

You cannot say.... "When my house sells I will do this or that". You have already lost the game.

Let me give you an example. I was a realtor once. Not too long ago. There was a lady who had a house that she was going to put on the market. In the mean time, of course, she found a house that she loved and wanted to buy. But she had no money (other than earnest money). She put a contract on the house that she wanted to buy. No contingencies on selling her own house. No money. No contingencies and a contract on a house and her own house had not even been listed yet.

She set the closing date for 30 days. And never ONCE thougth... "How will I pay for the house if my house does not sell?" Never thought. "What will I do if I cannot sell my house in time". Never. Not Once.

She started packing up, selling off and preparing for the move. She even signed a contract with a moving company. Every fiber of her being behaved as though she KNEW that the house would be sold and that everything would turn out perfectly.

It did.

You might think that it is easy to do this, but it is the hardest thing in the world. I have done it a few times but it was almost on a subconscious level - a "zoned" out kind of thing. Unless you have done it, it's hard to explain.

The principle is so easy. But the actual execution is really almost impossible.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-19-2008, 10:21 PM

Wouldn't work for me then,I'm so used to the worst always happening that I couldn't possibly think otherwise

Old 11-19-2008, 10:26 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,790,612 times
You can't just say the words, you have to feel the emotion that comes from it and take action where needed. The visualization is key as well. I'm still working on it, I've seen many instances where it's worked in my own life, it takes time and effort and most people still want the quick fix?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships