Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 01:29 AM

64 posts, read 102,547 times

Advertisements

I need help with some love advice. I met this girl on an online internet game called Counter Strike Source. Dont know if anyone has hered of it. Well, the story goes like this. I met her while i was playing this game. She was very nice to me and it looked like we were starting to hit it off. I asked her if she could send me pictures of her (that way i could see who i was talking to). When she sent me the pictures, i was basically lovestruck by her beauty and i wanted to persue things futher. The only form of contact i have with her is through email. Ive tried asking for her phone number, but no luck. ive told her that i love her deeply, but i dont know how she really feels. She keeps on sending me mixed messages about how she fels about me. I really love this girl. How do i start this kind of relationship with her without overdoing it? Is it wrong to love someone deeply? Can that be misconstrude and taken the wrong way? Any one have any feedback and help?

Old 06-01-2008, 06:21 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,487,108 times
i think you already went to far by telling her you love her--you have never met her! you have scared her off.
i dont know if its too late, but back off and be freinds for a while and see how she feels.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:37 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,227,984 times
I agree. You have never met this girl or even heard her voice. If I were in her shoes I would be pretty sure you were a psycho killer and I would run fast & far.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:06 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,441,486 times
And who knows, those photos may be fake.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:16 AM

820 posts, read 2,868,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombat View Post
How do i start this kind of relationship with her without overdoing it?
You already have. You may be quite infatuated with whom you believe this young lady to be, but to declare your love to her or anyone else is "overdoing it". Back off, take time to truly get to know each other, and see what naturally progresses. If there's a genuine friendship there, allow it to blossom. Then, you can both progress if the feelings are mutual.

Last edited by bluegrassgirl; 06-01-2008 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: spelling error :-)

Old 06-01-2008, 08:03 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
Yep....I agree with the other posters.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:47 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,876,449 times
You fell for an image that doesn't exist. If it is a girl, she is most likely not the one you received a picture of. Picture your worst nightmare, and that is really the girl you have been talking to. The beauty of talking on line is, you can invent any kind of story you want to. She isn't taking it any farther because she doesn't want you to know the truth.
That is all assuming it is even a female you are talking to. The first clue she may be a he is, she won't talk to you on the phone. Guess why...?

Old 06-01-2008, 03:11 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombat View Post
I need help with some love advice. I met this girl on an online internet game called Counter Strike Source. Dont know if anyone has hered of it. Well, the story goes like this. I met her while i was playing this game. She was very nice to me and it looked like we were starting to hit it off. I asked her if she could send me pictures of her (that way i could see who i was talking to). When she sent me the pictures, i was basically lovestruck by her beauty and i wanted to persue things futher. The only form of contact i have with her is through email. Ive tried asking for her phone number, but no luck. ive told her that i love her deeply, but i dont know how she really feels. She keeps on sending me mixed messages about how she fels about me. I really love this girl. How do i start this kind of relationship with her without overdoing it? Is it wrong to love someone deeply? Can that be misconstrude and taken the wrong way? Any one have any feedback and help?

Ace, what you are feeling is not love. Lust, maybe. Infatuation, definitely. But not love.

You asked how to start this "relationship". Try being a friend first. This way you will get to know one another and MAYBE love will develop as time goes on.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:34 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Start with emails and then go to IM with either Yahoo or MSN. After 2 to 4 weeks of chatting, ask for her phone number. Never ever tell someone you have never ever talked to that you love them. As others have said, that is the best way to scare them off and since you fell in love with a picture, she was probably testing you to see what your response would be, she now knows what type of guy you are.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:18 AM

26 posts, read 68,114 times
I agree. You are coming on waaaay too strong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships