Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:41 PM

672 posts, read 5,822,598 times

Advertisements

This question is for married people: do you still feel sexy? I used to feel sexy while we were dating, but that went away soon after we got married. I'm in my early 30's and we've been married for four years. I'm wondering how I can get that sexy feeling back.

What did it in the past was mainly getting dressed up and going to bars and clubs. Clubbing, drinking and hanging out at bars always made me feel very sexy, but that was in my early 20's. We don't do that anymore. I talked to my husband about going to some bars and clubs, to see what that would be like now. Part of me would feel out of place at those types of places now, but another part of me wants to get back to the drinking, bar-hopping, clubbing person I was back in my early 20's when I felt confident and sexy a lot. I'm trying to figure out why I would feel out of place in those types of venues now. Is it because those types of places are mainly fun when you're hanging out with friends and trying to meet people? Or is it only exciting to drink and dance when you're dating someone?

Do you still feel sexy after you've been married awhile? If so what makes you feel sexy? If not, do you want to try to get that feeling back?

Last edited by doglover29; 07-26-2008 at 09:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 09:49 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
I think just fixing your hair nicely, putting on make up, and the clothes that you chose to wear makes a big diffrence. Also, attitude plays a big part in your mood. Obviously we can`t feel sexy when we have curlers in our hair, yelling at the dog or kid. lol
Try to keep in mind the way your husband likes for you to look..well....that would probably come down to being naked..
Maintain your confidence. Go buy yourself a new, fresh outfit.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:00 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
This question is for married people: do you still feel sexy?
No, but I really never have. My wife seems to think I am, though, and I'm not about to shatter her illusion.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:01 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,698 times
Sexy is more about attitude and confidence than where you go to have fun. My husband's compliments and the way he acts towards me (grabby, touchy-feely, "that look" in his eyes, etc.) help to make me feel sexy. Also, taking care of myself.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:33 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,454,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Sexy is more about attitude and confidence than where you go to have fun. My husband's compliments and the way he acts towards me (grabby, touchy-feely, "that look" in his eyes, etc.) help to make me feel sexy. Also, taking care of myself.
This is true! Even after you get that "lil pouch" you can still feel sexy. It's all about the attitude, the conversation and doing things together that you haven't done before.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:58 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
I dance around and shake my tush in my leopard skin speedo. My wife begs me to stop; in fact it's hard for her to stop her tears of joy or her guffaws of horniness long enough to choke out the words.

It's GOOD to be sexy.

P.S. I'm 250 lbs and built like a linebacker.

There's your image for the day.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:05 AM

820 posts, read 2,868,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I think just fixing your hair nicely, putting on make up, and the clothes that you chose to wear makes a big diffrence. Also, attitude plays a big part in your mood. Obviously we can`t feel sexy when we have curlers in our hair, yelling at the dog or kid. lol
Try to keep in mind the way your husband likes for you to look..well....that would probably come down to being naked..
Maintain your confidence. Go buy yourself a new, fresh outfit.
That's exactly my thoughts. Feeling sexy is the same when you're married or not married. It's a feeling that comes from inside us. Confidence goes a long way in feeling that way and exuding sexiness. By knowing we're putting our best foot forward with our appearance, we wear a smile on our face, and we make those around us feel like a million bucks.... we are sexy.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:07 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
It's normal for that "rush" of sexiness to fade a bit, over time! But if you work on it, you can get it back--maybe not 24/7, but at least for an evening now and then!
We've been married 35 years, and still enjoy each other's company and have lots of fun when we go out! (It helps that the kids are grown and gone--kids really put a damper on the feelings you're talking about!)

Old 07-27-2008, 08:56 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Default You don't have to grow Old

You may live in a smaller town but here in DFW there are places where couples of all ages go to have fun. Find a place where 30 somethings hangout, put on your sexiest and go have a good time. If you have some open minded fun friends take them with you.

I don't know how comfortable you would be but there is a gentlemans club here that caters to couples. The have fantastic cheap food and the view is very erotic. This is just an example, there are many places where you will meet other sexy friends and have a great night out.

Get back to your sexy roots & let your husband know there will be certain benefits that he will enjoy also. You can spice up your life. We are in our 50's, raised 2 kids & have partied like rock stars for the last 30 years.

You don't have to grow old.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:12 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,410 times
I felt sexy when I used to work in an office and wore suits that hubby had picked for me and I knew I looked good. Well, fast forward a few years, with kids, now I do not work and I stopped feeling sexy too. I think it is a stage in a marriage where you get into a rut. I found that even if I am a SAHM, I still have to shower every morning, fix my face, put up my hair, look good. You look good, you feel good. Also, I have started working out again. Hubby likes to shop for me and that makes me feel sexy that he still likes to pick out clothes for me. I think it is more about picking up yourself and having hubby encourage you is just icing on the cake! Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships