Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 05:30 PM

672 posts, read 5,822,884 times

Advertisements

We've been married four years and I don't think marriage is hard at all. I love being married. The only rut we're in is that I want to spend more time with him, but he's way busier than me (works 70 hour weeks). That's my only complaint--that I am needier than him and need more time with him but he's busy with work and doesn't have as much time to spend with me as I'd like. Other than that, we never fight or get into arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 06:02 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
We've been married four years and I don't think marriage is hard at all. I love being married. The only rut we're in is that I want to spend more time with him, but he's way busier than me (works 70 hour weeks). That's my only complaint--that I am needier than him and need more time with him but he's busy with work and doesn't have as much time to spend with me as I'd like. Other than that, we never fight or get into arguments.
That's a pretty major complaint - at least it's what killed my parent's marriage.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:26 PM

672 posts, read 5,822,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
That's a pretty major complaint - at least it's what killed my parent's marriage.
Well, I knew going into the marriage that he would be working a lot of hours--it was worse before we got married, actually--it was 100 hours back then. It's the nature of his job, and it's not going to get any better. I think when I finally get into my new career and am working full-time that I'll feel better about this and the lonliness issue--but since I only work part-time and he works the equivalent of two full-time jobs, it's hard for me to deal with the lonliness at times.

Also, there's a difference in my mind between being a workaholic (which he's not) and having to work that many hours because the job requires it. Since my hubby isn't a workaholic, and doesn't put in any more time in than is necessary, it's a lot easier to handle than if he were a workaholic.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
Also, there's a difference in my mind between being a workaholic (which he's not) and having to work that many hours because the job requires it. Since my hubby isn't a workaholic, and doesn't put in any more time in than is necessary, it's a lot easier to handle than if he were a workaholic.
You have to be joking! Did he had a gun held to his head when he took this job?

Old 09-15-2008, 09:39 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,703,067 times
YOu kidding me - having him be away would be bliss. Half our problem is we are always around each other - he hardly ever goes out...I never get time to be home just by myself. And I LOVED being single, even a single mom. I never felt lonely.

When he was looking for a new job, we looked for jobs that had travel, so he'd be out of my hair at least sometimes

Old 09-15-2008, 10:03 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
There is always the "itch" its just a matter of refraining from getting it scratched.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:57 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,219,784 times
Well me and my wife seperated, we decided yesterday, it hurts like hell, but right now its for the best, i dont want to end up hating her, if its meant to be well get bck together, i cant beleive im in this predicament again, i tried my best!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:38 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
7 year itch for sure. My best friend is going through it right now and I honestly don't think its going to last for them and yes theres kids involved..

Old 09-16-2008, 12:26 PM

444 posts, read 1,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Well me and my wife seperated, we decided yesterday, it hurts like hell, but right now its for the best, i dont want to end up hating her, if its meant to be well get bck together, i cant beleive im in this predicament again, i tried my best!
I am sorry to hear that! I hope everything works out for you!

Old 09-16-2008, 02:06 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,219,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy15161 View Post
I am sorry to hear that! I hope everything works out for you!
me too, cuz i feel like crap right now!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships