Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,813 times

Advertisements

I'm dating one like that and I'm having alot of trouble. He is reAlly nice, clean and seems to care about me. He is geeky and good looking. But his behaviors are very very feminie. His voice, the way he talk, walk and it a big turn of. And he only wants to lay in bed and wants me take it from there. I'm very confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 02:27 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
I think they aren't for me, that's what I think.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:21 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,186,142 times
I love a masculine man, so there's absolutely no way I'd ever show interest in a feminine man.....I love a man who knows how to be a man. If he's confused as to what it takes, I won't waste my time

Old 01-23-2012, 06:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,009,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Reducing qualities such as kindness, gentleness, softheartedness, and soft-spokenness in a man to simply being "feminine" (to the exclusion of other so-called masculine traits) is a massive injustice to men as a whole, IMO
These qualities help make a human. A manlier(lol) man will have these qualities too, they don't have any of these qualities overpower there personality. A more feminine man will have one or more of these qualities outshine others. These men still also have "manly" traits, but the more feminine qualities are more showing. Your physical features may also show a more feminine man. Nothing wrong with it, it's just how you are, and there's women out there who will desire a man with those traits.

A time and place for everything I say. I say I'm pretty manly, but that's not to say I don't have or a lacking a loving and caring side other, because I very much do.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:47 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,186,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
These qualities help make a human. A manlier(lol) man will have these qualities too, they don't have any of these qualities overpower there personality. A more feminine man will have one or more of these qualities outshine others. These men still also have "manly" traits, but the more feminine qualities are more showing. Your physical features may also show a more feminine man. Nothing wrong with it, it's just how you are, and there's women out there who will desire a man with those traits.

A time and place for everything I say. I say I'm pretty manly, but that's not to say I don't have or a lacking a loving and caring side other, because I very much do.
Good points- I believe that those qualities are just as you stated- being human. Not necessarily feminine. When a man is masculine & strong, yet kind, compassionate, & softspoken as well it's a good balance.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:58 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,009,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Good points- I believe that those qualities are just as you stated- being human. Not necessarily feminine. When a man is masculine & strong, yet kind, compassionate, & softspoken as well it's a good balance.
I admit that I lack the softspoken part LOL. Sometimes my bluntness gets me in trouble!

Old 01-24-2012, 12:54 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,515,014 times
I'm a combination of traits as are most people. I'm quiet, soft spoken, and have been described as kind and gentle which serves me well in my field of pediatric nursing. I love sci-fi, fantasy, and horror books and movies. I'm just as content spending time inside reading as I am going out, but I love to be outdoors and ride snowmachines or off road vehicles. I don't give a damn about sports (but I do practice several types of martial art) or cars (other then they get me from points A to B). I can sit and do laundry, cook, or clean, with or without my SO (I don't actually have one at this time). I can go shopping, watch romantic movies, scrapbook, then turn on Skyrim and have fun doing that.

I don't like confrontation much at all but the quickest way to rouse me to great and dangerous anger is to threaten my loved ones. I'll remain soft spoken as I beat someone threating mine into a pulp so never worry about feeling protected by me. On the other hand I would never consider raising a hand to the one I love so never, ever fear for your safety around me.

I can be passive or aggressive in bed, depending on who I'm with and how I feel.

I have long hair, pierced ears, and little body hair thanks to genetics. I can be emotional, withdrawn, happy, sullen, joyous, broody, and moody, some times in the same hour. I'm intelligent, well studied, educated, and knowledgable, yet can admit my own mistakes and shortcomings.

If the above combination makes me a feminine man then I'll claim it with pride. I am as I am and won't compromise myself for others. Been there, done that, didn't like it then, won't do it again.

If that's a turn off then I guess I just have to live with it because I will live by the words, "To thine own self, be true."

Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,177,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Feminine men are completely unattractive to me.

I couldn't agree more.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:17 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,739,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
It looks like my other post about masculine women is getting some interest, so lets reverse the question and talk about straight feminine looking men.

What do you think of men who want relationships with women but are not the masculine ideal? In fact they look and act feminine. I am not talking about a cross dresser or transgender person, but just a man who has lots of female traits.

I am thinking of Mr Rogers. Soft, gentle, non athletic, small bones, weak chin, skinny, weak voiced and non assertive. Though really nice, supportive, communicative, easy going and pleasant. All the negative things associated with macho and manliness is gone in this person.

Would you want a relationship with a clone of Mr Rogers?

Fred Rogers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You mean a guy who you have to protect, instead of him protecting you? A guy who hands you the plunger, when the drain gets clogged? Or, the guy who expects you to shovel the snow, when it's 2 feet deep? Or, the kind of guy that doesn't stand for anything, so he'll more than likely, fall for anything? Is that your man? Yeah, right. If you had a man like that, your only advantage would be running all over him. Most woman couldn't stand that "wimp". If you had a man like that, your next man would be the twelve year old boy, who first beats your man up. And then, runs him clear outta town.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 01-24-2012 at 11:26 PM..

Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,422,837 times
As a woman, I find it kind of disturbing that a lot of posters are using the word "feminine" to mean "weak, lazy, and incapable." Being a woman isn't a bad thing, neither is a man who's not a brute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships