Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:49 AM

523 posts, read 2,904,897 times

Advertisements

I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:15 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
I suppose that I am a modern woman. I enjoy working and being able to buy things with my own money. I would never be happy being a kept woman on an allowance. My boyfriend also really likes that I am a practical tomboyish female. I can drive stick and tinker a little on my cars. We aren't into texting and talking on the cellphone with each other. And you'll never find either of us doing it while driving. I will never own an SUV. Also, I will never have any human babies, only four footed furry ones.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:17 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Well, since 90% of women are somewhere in between, I think the lines are blurred.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:19 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.
That's who they want:

Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:34 AM

288 posts, read 656,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's who they want:

Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc.
As for me, I want a man who only speaks when spoken to...lol j/k.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:38 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
To be honest I'm about to marry a woman that is a mixture of those two choices. I got the best of both worlds! And I really have no preference. As long as we are compatible I'm happy.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:55 AM

650 posts, read 2,178,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post

I think that there are definitely woman, myself included, that can fall into both categories. You don't have to be a "Created to Be His Helpmeet" kind of woman in order to assume a "traditional" woman role.

I guess my point is woman can be good SAHM, homemakers and wives and still expect their husbands to pull their weight around the house, help out with the kids, listen to her views on things and not be selfish pigs in bed. I don't think ANY women fall into just one of these categories over the other.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:59 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
Wow - I'm neither Modern or Traditional - may I have a catergory?

Woman makes 70% of income (will be only earner when we move and he stays home with kids) - NEVER stayed home 2 or 3 years! Went straight back to work within a couple month, because I wanted to. HATES cooking, pay a maid to clean and have a nanny for the kids (part time). Highly intelligent, world travelor, feels suffocated by *traditional* living. Enjoys sex and probably has had more partners then most men.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:01 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
A combination of both would be awesome, but I would prefer the traditional type.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:05 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,373,269 times
I have a traditional cherry bedroom suite and a modern entertainment center, I can appreciate both because their functional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships