Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gay men choose NSA sex because.....
Have a sex addiction which includes impulse control failures 3 15.00%
Do not value relationships because their parents didn't value them 1 5.00%
Gay relationships are unheard of or looked down upon. 2 10.00%
Society accepts and condones NSA gay sex over healthy relationships 0 0%
They have no morals or values, are selfish, immature, and greedy. 3 15.00%
Gay guys just wanna have fun despite being aware of HIV, HPV, etc. 11 55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times

Advertisements

While I think your thread title is not just unfair but erroneous (implying that all gay men are promiscuous), I'll explain why I think there are many out there who seem to go overboard.

-To say that men enjoy/need sex more than women is a generalization about the sexes, but I think in a lot of cases, it's true. I think it was on this board, months and months ago, when someone suggested that heterosexual men would be (generally speaking) just as promiscuous as a lot of gay men are if their partners were men rather than women, who (often) don't view sex the same way.

-Many of the gay men and women I've known stayed repressed all through high school and so much of the behavior that follows that period of their lives can be considered overcompensation, I think.

-Youth. I think a lot of heterosexual guys are the same way when they're young, if they can get away with it (see first point). Again, this doesn't apply to everyone, but I think a lot of people settle down when they get older.

And where did you get that they make up only 3% of the population? My guess is the number is definitely higher than that.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:19 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,309,850 times
There are plenty of gay men who are monogamous. It's true that some are not. However, there are plenty of straight men who aren't monogamous, either.

Your "study" would be better represented if you would deal with percentage of gay men who aren't monogamous as compared to the percentage of straight men who aren't monogamous.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:22 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,511,859 times
because their men

Old 09-17-2008, 09:25 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,384,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I do not agree with any of the choices. Sorry!
Have to agree. The percentage of people who are gay is surprisingly higher than you think. The gay people who are in a serious relationship, the ones I know of, look straight. You'd never know they were gay, so they aren't counted among the "obvious" ones. And... how many straight people do you know who are monogamous?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:26 PM

223 posts, read 616,246 times
Well, I'd say most gay men aren't monogymous for the same reason most straight men aren't monogymous. They're men! Monogamy for most men is like trying to fit a square peg into a circular hole. Most times it doesn't fit but with enough force you might be able to force it - sometimes. Women act as a block for straight male sexual expression but without this block for gay guys, you'll have reduced chances for monogamy.

PS - I'm talking about sexual monogamy here; not emotional monogamy.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:43 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
You need to read the post accurately. This is about the gay men whom choose to have continuous NSA sex and make no sincere effort to find healthy relationships despite the clear evidence that dating and relationships are better. This is not sexist in any form.

Here is the current evidence that states gays are a very small percentage of the population. THE NUMBERS GAME: WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION IS GAY (http://familyresearchinst.org/FRI_AIM_Talk.html - broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
While I think your thread title is not just unfair but erroneous (implying that all gay men are promiscuous), I'll explain why I think there are many out there who seem to go overboard.

-To say that men enjoy/need sex more than women is a generalization about the sexes, but I think in a lot of cases, it's true. I think it was on this board, months and months ago, when someone suggested that heterosexual men would be (generally speaking) just as promiscuous as a lot of gay men are if their partners were men rather than women, who (often) don't view sex the same way.

-Many of the gay men and women I've known stayed repressed all through high school and so much of the behavior that follows that period of their lives can be considered overcompensation, I think.

-Youth. I think a lot of heterosexual guys are the same way when they're young, if they can get away with it (see first point). Again, this doesn't apply to everyone, but I think a lot of people settle down when they get older.

And where did you get that they make up only 3% of the population? My guess is the number is definitely higher than that.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:48 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Oooops, I did not see the word "choose" on the poll...you are hurting my head!

I'll go with the last one...just want to have fun. Hell, I don't know.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
some are. but i am puzzled. why do you go to a straight forum to ask a gay question? how would they know?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:54 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,257,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
some are. but i am puzzled. why do you go to a straight forum to ask a gay question? how would they know?
I am not arguing, but is this a straight forum? Never thought about it before. Just figured it was the crazy relationship forum with no sexual preference crazy has no preference

Old 09-17-2008, 10:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Oooops, I did not see the word "choose" on the poll...
Since Jack McFarland made the poll, obviously not all choice answers would be there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships