Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gay men choose NSA sex because.....
Have a sex addiction which includes impulse control failures 3 15.00%
Do not value relationships because their parents didn't value them 1 5.00%
Gay relationships are unheard of or looked down upon. 2 10.00%
Society accepts and condones NSA gay sex over healthy relationships 0 0%
They have no morals or values, are selfish, immature, and greedy. 3 15.00%
Gay guys just wanna have fun despite being aware of HIV, HPV, etc. 11 55.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:46 AM

306 posts, read 1,162,871 times

Advertisements

I have known quite a few gay men in my life and they are no different to straight me. They date around, fool around and have fun until they meet the right person to settle down with. I find this poll to be very narrow minded and just plan bigoted. Why is a gay man a sex addict or have no morals when a straight man doing the same thing, fool around, is just being "a guy"?

Old 09-18-2008, 11:29 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,996,866 times
I love myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Artsy, that's a christian, anti-gay progandist web site. They like to skew statistics in favor of small numbers because it makes their case for treating gays unequally look better. Try looking for those numbers on an unbiased site; not to mention now that I know where you're getting your "gays are all narcisstic sluts who want to destroy their lives" stuff from. Stop reading those sites, get out of the gay ghetto, and learn to stop hating yourself.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:35 AM

I prefer to be around gay people that are open, comfortable, and not secretive about their sexual orientation. It makes it easier for me to "date".... so in my experience I have not seen much of that. Do I live in New York City where the GLBT community is massive and out? No. So maybe there are differences in cultures. No need to feel defensive and upset.

Exactly, no research is totally accurate, so therefore you don't really know how many gays are in the USA now do you? Kirk had nothing negative to say about GLBT people on that statistics web page. He quoted from studies that were conducted outside of his control, he also listed criticism of current research. I've seen the average of 3% in other areas too.

If it is 3% or 10% it is still a small minority of the population. Most people are straight or live straight life styles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Give me a break. If you're gay and you can't recognize how impossible it would be to gage who is gay and who isn't (and not to mention everything in between...how does that affect the numbers?), I don't know what to say. No sociological research is going to give an accurate number. And on top of that, you link to effing Kirk Cameron. Oh, for heaven's sake! Some of your posts make you look like a real anti-gay gay person, I have to say. I think you've said before that you're anti-people in general; if that's the case, try to hate them all equally, maybe.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:37 AM

I was agreeing with you and saying exactly. It is a forum that allows for GLBT and straight people's opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I wasn't complaining I was just wondering about this being a straight forum...I had not seen anything posted to say either way.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:39 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,274,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I was agreeing with you and saying exactly. It is a forum that allows for GLBT and straight people's opinions.
I wasn't referring to you...I just wanted the preson that posted it originally to know... How are you today??

Old 09-18-2008, 11:39 AM

You shouldn't put words or content into my post like that, because I never said anything about that.

If you read the poll. You will notice an option that states "gays just wanna have fun."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyUK View Post
I have known quite a few gay men in my life and they are no different to straight me. They date around, fool around and have fun until they meet the right person to settle down with. I find this poll to be very narrow minded and just plan bigoted. Why is a gay man a sex addict or have no morals when a straight man doing the same thing, fool around, is just being "a guy"?

Old 09-18-2008, 11:44 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,274,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyUK View Post
The OP is a gay man... AND he was just asking... take a break

Old 09-18-2008, 11:46 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,316,910 times
Because they aren't bound by "traditional rules", you know, marraige children etc.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:48 AM

lol and straight men are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Because they aren't bound by "traditional rules", you know, marraige children etc.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:52 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,431,733 times
Why are straight men not monogamous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.