Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 06:05 PM

52,317 posts, read 52,784,279 times

Advertisements

Where Polly been. I haven't seen her around that much lately, I haven't posted much lately myself though...

Old 02-01-2009, 06:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,221,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Where Polly been. I haven't seen her around that much lately, I haven't posted much lately myself though...
Must be celebrating real hard her brother's non-wedding.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Must be celebrating real hard her brother's non-wedding.
That brother of hers sounds a little crazy to me. Running into hot spots.

Glad he's not getting into trouble with that crazy family.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:19 PM

Looking for large art work to hang in the living room. I have a long wall that I want to put a large piece of art on. looking at 5 by 5 feet or larger. Any ideas..

Old 02-01-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Looking for large art work to hang in the living room. I have a long wall that I want to put a large piece of art on. looking at 5 by 5 feet or larger. Any ideas..
You have 2 options:

- shell out thousands of $

- DIY

5x5 sounds enormous, though... I don't think I've seen anything like this outside of galleries... Besides, you live in a condo. I can't quite see this size in a condo...

I made some DIY art last weekend. At first I was thinking of getting canvas, but then decided to buy 3 12x36 frames, so I can change the contents on a whim should I want to. The set is large enough and it nicely repeats the 3 parts of my sofa. I haven't hanged it yet, though, because the wall it's intended for is tricky - all the wires are behind. I bought a stud/wire finder and this stuff will go at least good 10" above the panel, but I'm still not sure I wanna do that myself...

Old 02-01-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You have 2 options:

- shell out thousands of $

- DIY

5x5 sounds enormous, though... I don't think I've seen anything like this outside of galleries... Besides, you live in a condo. I can't quite see this size in a condo...

I made some DIY art last weekend. At first I was thinking of getting canvas, but then decided to buy 3 12x36 frames, so I can change the contents on a whim should I want to. The set is large enough and it nicely repeats the 3 parts of my sofa. I haven't hanged it yet, though, because the wall it's intended for is tricky - all the wires are behind. I bought a stud/wire finder and this stuff will go at least good 10" above the panel, but I'm still not sure I wanna do that myself...
My front room is pretty good sized. I should posts some pics so people could give me some ideas.

We won a chunck of changes on a super bowl square we had.

We gotta split 750. Not to bad for not doing anything.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:36 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,957,914 times
I go with Sierra - DIY. My nephew is doing some art for me. I like his style & provided him with the materials and a brief "wish list" of colors, etc.

When I was at Michael's (do you have one near you?) getting the above mentioned supplies, they were having a 40% off sale w/ coupon. Got a great deal on a 36 x 54 canvas. It will probably sit in storage (aka the spare bedroom ) until I finally get around to painting.

If you watch any of the HGTV/DIY shows, you'll get pretty inspired. If these guys can do it (& call it art....) ~ so can we!

Old 02-01-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
I go with Sierra - DIY. My nephew is doing some art for me. I like his style & provided him with the materials and a brief "wish list" of colors, etc.

When I was at Michael's (do you have one near you?) getting the above mentioned supplies, they were having a 40% off sale w/ coupon. Got a great deal on a 36 x 54 canvas. It will probably sit in storage (aka the spare bedroom ) until I finally get around to painting.

If you watch any of the HGTV/DIY shows, you'll get pretty inspired. If these guys can do it (& call it art....) ~ so can we!
Mrs Chow has mad art skills, maybe I should commission her to paint us a huge abstract.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
If these guys can do it (& call it art....) ~ so can we!
Yep! And it's unique and pulls together exactly the colors you want!

Chow, the easiest deal is painting large square or rectangular blocks, using masking tape between the colors. You can use leftover house paint and have a perfect match.

http://emptyeasel.com/wp-content/upl...etmondrian.jpg

Or something like this...

You can use different papers or wallpaper and glue them on.

Or you can put some interesting objects on it:

http://designshrine.net/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/3aeb3_headboards-diy-frameart.jpg (broken link)

http://designshrine.net/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/3aeb3_headboards-diy-frameart.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-01-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Mrs Chow has mad art skills, maybe I should commission her to paint us a huge abstract.
I like abstract anyway, so it works for me. Anybody else's "illusion" or "impression" is not much different than mine. They sell an already established name. That's the hard part - making your name well-known. Then you can splatter whatever the heck you want. It's entirely possible my "art" could sell for thousands of $ had I had that name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships