Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2009, 10:05 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,276,040 times

Advertisements

Good night all...I am finally trying to get on a human schedule and not an owl's!!

Old 02-15-2009, 10:06 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,401,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Good night all...I am finally trying to get on a human schedule and not an owl's!!
Nighty-night...glad we're friends !

Old 02-15-2009, 10:06 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,276,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Aha!

Why don't you get fake nails for a while? You can't bite those and perhaps you'll break the habit.
I have found if I keep them painted with a clear polish I do not bite them! Don't the fake ones leave nasty ridges in the surface? I do not bite them terribly but it is enough to bother me...at least my daughter doesn't do it!

Old 02-15-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
I have found if I keep them painted with a clear polish I do not bite them! Don't the fake ones leave nasty ridges in the surface? I do not bite them terribly but it is enough to bother me...at least my daughter doesn't do it!
I can give you a regimen to perfect natural nails...if you want it just DM me and I'll get it to you.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,253,043 times
Quote:
I have found if I keep them painted with a clear polish I do not bite them!
Me, too.

Quote:
Don't the fake ones leave nasty ridges in the surface?
Mmm...no... They don't have to be too long. They can be even oval and perfectly natural-looking. The thing is they're thick and not yummy! I've had them on a couple of occasions. It's only hard buttoning buttons. Well, and typing takes a little getting used to. They do ruin your natural nails underneath, though (they become very soft and fragile and takes some time to get them back to normal), and after taking them off you might feel like biting again.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I can give you a regimen to perfect natural nails...if you want it just DM me and I'll get it to you.
Hey, hey... what PM?! We all want perfect nails!

Old 02-16-2009, 04:44 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,959,619 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hey, hey... what PM?! We all want perfect nails!

Yeah! Me 3!!!! I want nice nails!! This is a chat thread so *nothing* is off topic as long as it's PG-13.

Speaking of which; I made my 80 year old mom laugh when I called her Valentine's night. I finished my deliveries, cleaned up the studio, then fell in
a heap & had a nice long well-deserved nap. Woke up around 9-ish & remembered I still hadn't called Mom. She's 2 hours earlier, so I knew she'd still be up.

I remarked that I was really hungry but there was nothing in the house to eat. So go out she says. On Valentine's Day??!!
Right - nothin makes you feel like more of a loser than picking up take-out when everyone else is on a dinner date! I had to slink into the
grocers & actually give a hoot about some 16 yr old thinking I'm a loser.....WTF is wrong w/ me?

Old 02-16-2009, 02:31 PM

Sorry ladies...my son took over the comuter last night, next thing I know I wake up and it's 5 am and time to start my day...So now that my work is done I can post...yay !!!

Ok, for perfect fabulous nails, you need a special basecoat, I use Nailtiques formula 2, they have several formulas to chose from depending on the state of your nails, and for great cuticles, I use Creative Nail Cuticle Eraser w/ Solar Oil, which hydrates the nail bed, and AHA keep the cuticles in good shape. Also, make sure you apply a PH balancer before any polish. OPI Bondaid is really good.

So start with a mini manicure, 1) Soak nails in a warm bath . 2) Remove any cuticle that has grown onto the nail bed. 3) Apply cuticle eraser and massage into cuticles. 4) Clean the nail bed with water and a towel to remove any oil. 5) apply the PH balancer, then your nail treatment ( 2 coats), apply a coat every other day, for several days, once you get a build up (like 5 layers) of polish it's time to start over. This is what I use on my clients, and my own nails.

If you need anymore details just ask meh...

Old 02-16-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Sorry ladies...my son took over the comuter last night, next thing I know I wake up and it's 5 am and time to start my day...So now that my work is done I can post...yay !!!

Ok, for perfect fabulous nails, you need a special basecoat, I use Nailtiques formula 2, they have several formulas to chose from depending on the state of your nails, and for great cuticles, I use Creative Nail Cuticle Eraser w/ Solar Oil, which hydrates the nail bed, and AHA keep the cuticles in good shape. Also, make sure you apply a PH balancer before any polish. OPI Bondaid is really good.

So start with a mini manicure, 1) Soak nails in a warm bath . 2) Remove any cuticle that has grown onto the nail bed. 3) Apply cuticle eraser and massage into cuticles. 4) Clean the nail bed with water and a towel to remove any oil. 5) apply the PH balancer, then your nail treatment ( 2 coats), apply a coat every other day, for several days, once you get a build up (like 5 layers) of polish it's time to start over. This is what I use on my clients, and my own nails.

If you need anymore details just ask meh...
Thank you, dear! Too much work... Me likie shortcuts!

I recall reading about this Nailtiques. Have to try it. I've been using Sally Hansen's base coats. They're OK... but there might be something better out there.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:38 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,383,788 times
I haven't been on here much now in months because I don't really have the time for it anymore. With businesses closing all around the country the buyout opportunities have been better than I've ever seen so I'm taking full advantage while the getting is good.
Its been fun people but for now at least I am covered up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships