Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 03:24 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,963,223 times

Advertisements

tkdmom, my nails thank you! I have so many cuts & nicks on my fingers from work, that I've been hesitant to go get a manicure. So tonight, I'm going to pour a glass of wine, watch Two & a Half Men, and do my nails!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:16 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,403,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
tkdmom, my nails thank you! I have so many cuts & nicks on my fingers from work, that I've been hesitant to go get a manicure. So tonight, I'm going to pour a glass of wine, watch Two & a Half Men, and do my nails!

You go girl...

Old 02-16-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Thank you, dear! Too much work... Me likie shortcuts!

I recall reading about this Nailtiques. Have to try it. I've been using Sally Hansen's base coats. They're OK... but there might be something better out there.
I know it is work, and some of the prods are expensive to non-professionals. But, if you just get the Nailtiques and apply a coat every couple days, it will make a difference.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:53 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,963,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I know it is work, and some of the prods are expensive to non-professionals. But, if you just get the Nailtiques and apply a coat every couple days, it will make a difference.

I do remember one of the places I used to go to had those products you mentioned; nailtique and solar oil. The solar oil I really did love,
so I'm glad you recommended it. Never heard of the bondaid stuff - eager to try it...

Old 02-16-2009, 06:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,309,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
But, if you just get the Nailtiques and apply a coat every couple days, it will make a difference.
I just read a little bit about it and something's not quite clear to me. How do you actually apply it? As a base coat only? Both base and top? Or just for some time to strengthen your nails without any other polish?

I'm confused because other women were talking about using it every day and then every other day and less frequently later, but it sounded like they only did it to strengthen their nails. If you apply it over polish, would it even work? Not to mentioned some said it was peeling easily... My nails are not that weak or brittle, but it's always nice to have them stronger.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:00 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,289,791 times
I was talking to friend of mine this morning who happens to be a national newscaster and I was asking her about her pregnancy when she told me her network INSISTED she hide her pregnancy while on camera! They put a laptop in front of her stomach and choose camera angles to avoid her girth...

Anyone else think this is crappy? What is so offensive or taboo about having a baby that the network feels the need to hide it???

Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,309,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I was talking to friend of mine this morning who happens to be a national newscaster and I was asking her about her pregnancy when she told me her network INSISTED she hide her pregnancy while on camera! They put a laptop in front of her stomach and choose camera angles to avoid her girth...

Anyone else think this is crappy? What is so offensive or taboo about having a baby that the network feels the need to hide it???
Well, when I say the destruction of the family is the goal up there some think I'm a paranoid idiot... Just because some/most can't see something <fill in the blank> doesn't mean it ain't there!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:08 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,289,791 times
Quote:
Well, when I say the destruction of the family is the goal up there some think I'm a paranoid idiot... Just because some/most can't see something <fill in the blank> doesn't mean it ain't there!
You nailed it on the head! Why would they try to hide the fact that she is having a baby unless there are other motives? Sheesh, her face is so puffy...it is obvious she is either pregnant OR on massive doses of prednisone

BTW, I don't think you sound paranoid at all!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I just read a little bit about it and something's not quite clear to me. How do you actually apply it? As a base coat only? Both base and top? Or just for some time to strengthen your nails without any other polish?

I'm confused because other women were talking about using it every day and then every other day and less frequently later, but it sounded like they only did it to strengthen their nails. If you apply it over polish, would it even work? Not to mentioned some said it was peeling easily... My nails are not that weak or brittle, but it's always nice to have them stronger.
Yes, you can use it everyday, until your nails are stronger, than less frequently. I wouldn't put it over colored polish, although I d have some clients that do it. I have been using it, like I said in above post, for years now and I have very strong nails that never break. If you have good nails already, just use it once or twice a week to keep them strong. Any polish will peel off without proper nailbed prep. You have to clean it of all oil , and apply the PH agent. But generally, Nailtiques does not peel so easliy.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post

Yeah, that does seem wrong...they should embrace it !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships