Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 01:41 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,198,960 times

Advertisements

It sounds like it's YOUR insecurity not his...........but considering you're only 15 y/o, you don't know any better. You still don't realize character counts more than height.

Have fun at Chuckie Cheese...........

BTW, my mom is taller than my dad. Thank god he's my dad. He's a great dude. She told me they met in college. The number 1 thing that she found attractive about my short dad was his good heart.

Funny thing is, I am a tall guy, go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I do not need a therapist to tell me that I feel less feminine around shorter men..

Old 09-27-2008, 01:42 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
knowing the truth in this case will no enable you to fix it, it will enable you to live with it,
women like tall men.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:45 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,661,470 times
Hey look at it this way, if it works out you won't be having too many more vertical dates with him. Once you go horizontal, height won't matter.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:47 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,658,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
You're right, it can be a preference, I don't fault anyone for having a height preference, as I stated in one of the other height topics. But there's preferences and then there are deal breakers. You're making this a deal breaker, not necessarily a preference. I have a preference for guys with brown hair but that doesn't mean hair color was a deal breaker for me, I would still date blondes or even redheads. I also would not call it a preference that your friend turns away women with a larger second toe, that's a deal breaker.

You were asking for ways around it and that was the only thing left which I wasn't sure if you've totally ruled out yet. There was no offense meant, I don't think you NEED therapy but if you really thought the guy was worth it and wanted to get passed what you yourself called a "complex" before calling it a preference then I thought it was worth suggesting. The mere word "complex" suggests a possible benefit from therapy. My suggestion was based on everything you have said yourself but again, that doesn't mean I think you need therapy.
Thanks for that, I like what you offered. After having been with my ex-husband for 20 years, the only man I had ever been with, I am still trying to figure out what my preferences and deal breakers are. I am only learning as I go along. I haven't had even 6 months to know that being with a shorter man could bother me so much. Up to this point that I have been dating, I have been on dates with men 6'+. So again, I have not had years upon years like some who have dated various types, to know exactly what I will or will not make concessions on. I'm like a newborn baby into the dating world right now. Last date I had before my husband, I was 15 (and that was to the movies with a kiss on the cheek) - so when I said above to that guy who asked if I am 17 - well, YES - I feel like I am 15 again exploring what it is that I like. It bites to have to explore all of this at 37. I do not know what I "exactly" prefer like another 37 year old woman who may have dated for the past few years and knows what she does and does not want by actual experience. You know?

Old 09-27-2008, 01:48 PM

^

lol..........

Old 09-27-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
It sounds like it's YOUR insecurity not his...........but considering you're only 15 y/o, you don't know any better. You still don't realize character counts more than height.

Have fun at Chuckie Cheese...........

BTW, my mom is taller than my dad. Thank god he's my dad. He's a great dude. She told me they met in college. The number 1 thing that she found attractive about my short dad was his good heart.

Funny thing is, I am a tall guy, go figure.
Ron, sweetie, I was being facetious, I am not 15. I feel like I am again, however. Read above post in regard to the "15" ordeal I mentioned.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Hey look at it this way, if it works out you won't be having too many more vertical dates with him. Once you go horizontal, height won't matter.
OK, Zona - glad you showed up - LOL I HAVE thought about this. Staying in/home more is not a bad idea (i.e.: barefoot, laying down). He is 44 years old, past the "partying" phase as I am. . . Soooo the dressing up issues will not be a constant outside of the initials (I'm brainstorming people, bear with me here) - so, maybe I could just give him the lay of the century and make him want to stay in all the time...and repeat?

(I canceled tonight's date a couple minutes ago so I can figure out what I want)

Old 09-27-2008, 02:01 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,261,566 times
You've got two options:

1.) Overlook the height issue
2.) End it before it gets complicated.

Easy as that (but not so easy to decide, huh?)

Old 09-27-2008, 02:02 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,261,566 times
Wait, I thought of a third. HE could wear heels.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:12 PM

So was I

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Ron, sweetie, I was being facetious, I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.