Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 06:15 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,073,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
So you are saying that its really an issue that you notice more than other people may? Uncertain, but it feels like others might be staring noticing what I notice. I was with my ex-husband of 20 years who is 6'1. New to dating guys after all that time.
I think any woman who is taller than average (approaching 6 ft) gets noticed a bit more. I am not self conscious but I do notice that other people seem to notice (I hope that makes sense). I think it would be worse if I appeared taller than DH...I am tall enough now and that would add even more attention...KWIM? I guess I am saying, for me it is about scale....LOL.

How tall are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I do not need a therapist to tell me that I feel less feminine around shorter men. Men I prefer are taller, bigger and stronger. I am shallow to a certain degree. Physical attraction is important to me. A therapist cannot alter what someone is initially attracted to. Most certainly, I will not go to therapy to *have to* stay with someone or want to be with someone. OMG, I think I just answered my own question. I have a phone call to make. . .
If this is how you really feel, and the height is deal breaker then just break it off now. You don't have to mention the reason....no need to have 2 insecure people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Wait, I thought of a third. HE could wear heels.
+1 Funniest thing I heard all day.

OK, second funniest, but still the funniest thing I have heard here today.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:06 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,661,605 times
I'm 5'8, NCyank. - And with some thought for the last couple hours - and after I called a couple of my friends on their opinions and took things here into consideration. . . I did make a call and kindly ended things with him while it was still so very early into it. He said he kind of suspected it was a big issue for me after we briefly spoke about the height, when he tried to kiss me last night as the date ended and I turned my head away...

Too bad he was not a couple inches taller. *snap*

Old 09-27-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I did know 15 year olds could drive legally in Florida.
I thought in many states 15 year olds can drive...tractors...legally on the farm. Or maybe in the Sarasota Amish community - 15 year olds have a license to drive their horse and buggy. At 15, mainstream kids get their learners permit, they have to have it for a year before they can get their FL State drivers license.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:58 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,130,672 times
I started wearing flats because a guy I was seeing was my height and I've worn them since. I dated a guy two inches shorter than me and while it was different, it didn't change the way I felt about him. You have a choice to make, what's more important: your wardrobe or a great guy. And since you feel so strongly about your shoes, ask him how he feels. If he isn't as shallow as you are, he might not mind being an inch or two shorter than you; but since you don't want to be taller than him, give him up for a woman who know there are more important things in life than fashion and height and will appreciate what he has to offer in spite of his height.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:03 PM

625 posts, read 1,588,201 times
Wink Shoe the horse baby

I think Foma had it right...put the man in some heels. At high school graduation I was 6'3" but the girl I was walking with was 6'1". We discussed the shoe thing and I stepped up and wore some extra heel ht so she could use her 3 inchers. If this guy wants to be the big man tell him to get some cowboy boots ( or something with ht) and take the load off you. If he's not willing to help out then keep looking. After a while if you are really compatible neither of you will care so much and you can get sneakers and take turns being the tall one.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:19 PM

6,832 posts, read 14,067,029 times
I didn't read the entire thread but I am hearing you meet a great that adores you but you want to drop him because he can't wear your cute outfits. I swear women never cease to amaze me.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:21 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,699,968 times
Hmmm.... (scratches head)
So, you met a guy that was awesome in every aspect, except he was the same height as you are, and you got all upset because you felt that you couldn`t wear your heels around him, because then...you would be taller than he is...is this right??

Old 09-27-2008, 09:22 PM

625 posts, read 1,588,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I didn't read the entire thread but I am hearing you meet a great that adores you but you want to drop him because he can't wear your cute outfits. I swear women never cease to amaze me.
Yeah but that's what makes them so much fun

Old 09-28-2008, 08:19 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,589,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Well, I guess you'll have to dump him, then, won't ya? He can't change his height and neither can you.
Maybe she can loan him some of her heals

I know it sounds silly but I did the same thing when I was dating someone my height but my solution would be to replace the shoes with lower heals. I wouldn't wear heals that made me taller than my date though. Fortunately, I'm not a shoe person.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Should read the whole thread, it's not about outfits. DUH. You are a poster child example how rumors and misinformation get started in this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships