Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 11:11 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
You never see an ugly chick with a hot guy but you always see an ugly guy with a hot chick. Thats a good indicator it's easier out there for dudes.
I have seen the attractive man and unattractive woman combo. I tell myself she has a fabulous personality and he is cool enough to appreciate it, or "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or some crap like that. However, a part of me suspects she chased after him & wore him down. This is how women "work" to get a guy. I am a shy and passive woman and do not partake in such an activity (for better or worse...usually worse). I end up dating whoever makes the most effort

I have observed these women go about chasing after men:
First, they don't approach random guys in bars or wherever. Women like to study their prey for awhile & gather data (just go with me ), so it's usually a guy they come into contact with regularly (work, school, church, circle of friends). These are usually outgoing, assertive women and they will subtly flirt with the guy and find reasons to always talk to him and be near him. They'll joke insult and that sort of thing. Act really cutesy, laugh at every lame joke he makes. Pout of he talks to any other girl.
They never ask outright for a phone number or to go on a date. They use their feminine wiles to put the idea in the guy's head. Maybe they exchange numbers and the flirting goes to text now. Then, they begin "hanging out" alone (no official dates). The point at which she traps him is still a mystery to me. As an observer, I just know that it goes from the "hanging out" stage to being a public, full blown relationship at some point. It often seems the guy thinks much of this was his idea, but to her friends she was mapping it all out.

A part of me admires the women with this talent, and a part of me sees it as manipulation. In any case, they have a hot husband/boyfriend and I am single
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 10:22 AM

434 posts, read 934,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I have seen the attractive man and unattractive woman combo. I tell myself she has a fabulous personality and he is cool enough to appreciate it, or "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" or some crap like that. However, a part of me suspects she chased after him & wore him down. This is how women "work" to get a guy. I am a shy and passive woman and do not partake in such an activity (for better or worse...usually worse). I end up dating whoever makes the most effort

I have observed these women go about chasing after men:
First, they don't approach random guys in bars or wherever. Women like to study their prey for awhile & gather data (just go with me ), so it's usually a guy they come into contact with regularly (work, school, church, circle of friends). These are usually outgoing, assertive women and they will subtly flirt with the guy and find reasons to always talk to him and be near him. They'll joke insult and that sort of thing. Act really cutesy, laugh at every lame joke he makes. Pout of he talks to any other girl.
They never ask outright for a phone number or to go on a date. They use their feminine wiles to put the idea in the guy's head. Maybe they exchange numbers and the flirting goes to text now. Then, they begin "hanging out" alone (no official dates). The point at which she traps him is still a mystery to me. As an observer, I just know that it goes from the "hanging out" stage to being a public, full blown relationship at some point. It often seems the guy thinks much of this was his idea, but to her friends she was mapping it all out.

A part of me admires the women with this talent, and a part of me sees it as manipulation. In any case, they have a hot husband/boyfriend and I am single
I can not agree with you more!

Those type of women are excellent game-players. They catch "better" guys in most cases. Probably, life is a game or dating is a game for sure.

Apparently being shy or straightforward or quick is not good for winning the game.

If that's the reason why you are single, then it is part of the reasons my 8 years marriage is stable

Old 12-13-2008, 12:59 PM

525 posts, read 948,584 times
Default Riiiiiiiiiiiigghhhhhhtt.....

However, a part of me suspects she chased after him & wore him down. This is how women "work" to get a guy. I am a shy and passive woman and do not partake in such an activity

suuuuurrre you are

MEN BEHOLD THE TRUTH!!
women go about chasing after men:
First, they don't approach random guys in bars or wherever

[see dudes, if you are a medical doctor but you are by yourself --you're out of luck] .

Women like to study their prey for awhile & gather data (just go with me ), so it's usually a guy they come into contact with regularly (work, school, church, circle of friends). These are usually outgoing, assertive women and they will subtly flirt with the guy and find reasons to always talk to him and be near him. They'll joke insult and that sort of thing. Act really cutesy, laugh at every lame joke he makes.

Thank you for your bold honesty!

Old 12-13-2008, 01:04 PM

Default Yes! Make your men happy

quote:

If that's the reason why you are single, then it is part of the reasons my 8 years marriage is stable[/quote]

The reason your marriage in stable is because you make your man happy.

OR,

you just simply control that poor guy

Old 12-13-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
quote:

If that's the reason why you are single, then it is part of the reasons my 8 years marriage is stable

The reason your marriage in stable is because you make your man happy.

OR,

you just simply control that poor guy[/quote]

I strongly believe that a successful long-lasting relationship comes from each individual's own success as a solid base. I do not mean you need a high education or tons of cash etc. I mean a harmony you have reached internally THEN externally.

Dating/mating is a game to a large degree you like or not. I know my strength and weakness. I certainly lack of the skills to control another individual especially a man. Frankly, I did not score the highest in the game but I enjoy peaceful life and hope you too.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:08 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglebell View Post
haha....well I am quite young, the other reason I am single

Old 12-13-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
haha....well I am quite young, the other reason I am single
Haha... That's good!

I liked your previous post dearly.

I am not that young and I know it holds quite of a truth in your post!

I wish I had your wisdom when I was young!

Best wishes!

Old 12-14-2008, 02:05 PM

Default Nope. but congrats on your relationship

I strongly believe that a successful long-lasting relationship comes from each individual's own success as a solid base.

NOPE. A successful relationship does not come from each persons personal success although that helps.

A succesful relationship comes from grace, respect, and love towards each other.

There are tons of so-called 'successful long-lasting relationships' where the couple does not have the kind of growth you have.

My point is that so many women are acting like 'oh it's so hard to find a guy' please spare me. Just another way she holds the carrot out front.

Last edited by DeanACM; 12-14-2008 at 02:43 PM..

Old 12-14-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
I strongly believe that a successful long-lasting relationship comes from each individual's own success as a solid base.

NOPE. A successful relationship does not come from each persons personal success although that helps.

A succesful relationship comes from grace, respect, and love towards each other.

There are tons of so-called 'successful long-lasting relationships' where the couple does not have the kind of growth you have.

My point is that so many women are acting like 'oh it's so hard to find a guy' please spare me. Just another way she holds the carrot out front.
Well, my husband deserves half the credit, does he? Oh, maybe 40%

Old 12-14-2008, 08:57 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,969,667 times
Quote:
I have seen the attractive man and unattractive woman combo
I have heard many women say before that Dolph Lundgren was dating beneath his league when he was with Grace Jones and that he could have done alot better than her. I have also heard the same thing when Don Johnson used to date Barbra Streisand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships