Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:07 PM

434 posts, read 934,079 times

Advertisements

I never felt being pretty is being easy to find love unless one is merely looking for a pretty face to match.

However, true love is deeper than the surface

I always believed that finding true love is as challenging to anyone regardless your age, look, size....etc..

Instead, you get more disappointed or frustrated if you consider you are pretty in the process...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 12:18 PM

542 posts, read 1,929,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
What's hard for guys is we gotta be a breadwinner and make the moves on women. But how hard is dating for women? I guess it'll vary for 3 categories - the pretty, the avg looking, and the ugly.

I guess the pretty have it easy because they'll be in demand, but the problem is creeps or losers that hit on you or maybe womanizer that just treat you as a piece of meat for sex? Let's hear your stories!

Avg looking, harder to get a good man? What else? Men can be so focused on looks and pass you over. What other problems?[/SIZE]

Being ugly seems kinda hopeless, unless you team up with an equally ugly man. Unless you're a sugarmomma who can "buy" a man. Let's hear your stories!

It's funny, even an ugly guy can get a pretty woman if he's rich.

What else is hard for women in the dating scene?
TOTALLY agree!!

Old 12-08-2008, 12:36 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,647,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Huh??? You are kidding, right? I'm at the gym everyday. I can assure you, it most defnitely IS for my health.
I was referring to men, not women.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:18 PM

83 posts, read 290,201 times
I will happily share some of my stories!!!

I'm average looking.

www.badfirstdates.blogspot.com

Old 12-08-2008, 03:06 PM

403 posts, read 1,120,463 times
I've listened to a lot of women over the age of 35 complain about the dating world. I have never heard any suggest that maybe it's them.

No, it's always the man's fault. Men want sex---eewww. Men don't want women with kids---a**holes! Men want a pretty woman---such audacity. Men are intimidated by me---blah, blah, blah.

The first thing I tell any female friend or ex when they're having difficulty with dating is: look within for the answer. You're the only thing all of your dates have in common. If it really were all those guys and not you, you wouldn't be in turmoil. You'd shift out of that environment, into another one with better men, and try again.

I don't meet many men who say that it's all women's fault that they can't find one. I'll encounter those who say it's rough doing cold approaches sometimes because well, women can be "cold." But it's mentioned as a prelude to "What should I do about that?" discourse. In other words, it comes from a problem-solving paradigm, not a "woe is me" one.

When women complain about dating, they want men to do something about it. But why would we? It's not our problem. And if it's your problem, that means you own it.

Hint: we don't care that you're upset and not satisfied with what's out there, if we're cool with things, it ain't broke.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:11 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I was referring to men, not women.
Well I'd be sorry if that were the case. Anyone that I would consider as relationship material, would not be going to thy gym for anything other than their own health. And they better be going, or doing something to stay fit.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:20 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
I don't meet many men who say that it's all women's fault that they can't find one.
There's lots of men who whine about that....lucky you that you haven't met them.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
There's lots of men who whine about that....lucky you that you haven't met them.
That you only responded to that line is instructive.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:40 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
That you only responded to that line is instructive.
You're the one stereotyping, not me. I don't take any "all women do this" and "all men do that" approach. I think some men and some women have a bad attitude to dating, and some don't. Even with a good attitude, dating can be awkward and difficult.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
You're the one stereotyping, not me.
About my experiences? Absolutely. If you have a problem with that, then yes, once again, it's your problem, you own it.

Quote:
I don't take any "all women do this" and "all men do that" approach.
Thanks for informing us, but you're not responding to my post, just your own inner demons.

Quote:
I think some men and some women have a bad attitude to dating, and some don't. Even with a good attitude, dating can be awkward and difficult.
Which character in the dating game are you? Or would you rather we just guessed?

Check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships