Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:08 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,742,671 times

Advertisements

Are bars and nightclubs good places to meet "marriage material?" - Or are these places just meat markets to find someone for sex? Have you ever met worthy material at these places, or are these just shallow party people?

I don't like going to bars because I don't drink, I don't go to nightclubs because I don't like dancing, and often the actions / crowd comes late at night like after 10:30 pm - that's when I wanna be home!

I just go shopping anywhere and do tend to see pretty women enough by chance, I'm just shy and not good enough at making the move. Plus I'm unemployed now and feel like a loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2008, 06:12 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times
Hey Jesse,

Good question.

I am gay. I've been to many gay nightclubs and for the most part it is an ok place for a gay man to meet other gays since sexual orientation is really unknown in most other areas of social life; however, the majority of the people are shallow party people, some just want hook ups, and others are just friends. I haven't met anybody that is into relationships or dating at a nightclub before, so for me I've never had that good of an experience with that.

It is true the crowd shows up after 10:30PM and by then people are drunk and not seriously looking for a relationship or dating. But don't give up you might meet somebody good there or a new friend.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:17 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,785,037 times
I think the best place to meet "marriage material" is either through family connections or through a common forum of interests like a university or a specialized class or tour etc.
I would not look in the bars for the kind of guy you're looking to find.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:30 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,530,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I think the best place to meet "marriage material" is either through family connections or through a common forum of interests like a university or a specialized class or tour etc.
I would not look in the bars for the kind of guy you're looking to find.
Unless the kind of guy you're looking for is the kind of guy who likes to go out drinking and picking up women...

BTW, I met my husband in a bar... That does explain a lot.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times
^Is he a drinking party animal

Old 10-04-2008, 06:44 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,489,930 times
Well, I'm with my husband......and have been with him since 1997. Now I first met him in a bar, but it was because he was friends with my friend's husband and my friend and I were meeting her husband and his friends there...so I guess maybe that doesn't count to much??

Old 10-04-2008, 07:44 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
It depends what you are looking for in marriage.

Generally speaking though. NO.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
jesse read your profile you sound like a winner. assuming its on the level.
you know i think already the answer to question but i suppose current program is not working.
you know 3 things about a woman if you meet her in a bar.
she likes to hang out in bars.
she likes to drink.
she likes the company of bar people

Old 10-04-2008, 08:23 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,742,671 times
I was a winner until I lost my last dream job - Jacobs ESCG - NASA's primary Engineering contractor. It was easy work doing Proe Design and Detailing, I underemployed myself but got an engineer's salary at $65,000. I loved working there too, and now future companies are just gonna be not as good, because Jacobs was rated by Forbes as the 2nd best Eng employer in the nation.

My only fault is I like crossdressing too. I'm a reluctant big time crossdresser that can't quit the habit and I got a gigantic clothes collection to explain to a chick!

I almost met a nice chick today at Marshalls, pretty and seemed a size 6 to me - perfect! But she got big eyed when she saw me looking at the skirt suits! When I ate at Galleria today, a pretty enough blond sitting in the table next to me was starting to think I'm gay for not hitting on her, I only held back because her looks were "trailer trash" quality.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:41 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,332,413 times
Picture this:

you: "Hey mom, this is Lois."
mom: "Oh she's so pretty. Where did you meet her?"
you: "We met at the Blue Oyster early his morning."
mom: "Thud" (sound of a body falling on the floor)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships