Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 08:11 PM

389 posts, read 1,987,454 times

Advertisements

because im a loner, anti social, definitely NOT a people person/pleaser. i hate people telling me what to do. im a people demagnitizer(opposite of people magnet) i hate when you are just on a 2nd date and guys tell you you should hold hands or while on MY apartment, try to be intimate(YUCK!) when i barely know the guy and just go out with them for FREE food and movies ... what else...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 08:14 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,614,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I was wondering what are some of the reasons why some of the single folks are single
My husband died.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:16 PM

918 posts, read 1,644,349 times
That's pretty depressing.

Now I feel bad for my response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
My husband died.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,977,964 times
That sounds like a guy that I dated...was hilarious...we held hands at the movies it was cute but I didn't feel like I wanted to make sweet sweat dripping love to him either.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
because im a loner, anti social, definitely NOT a people person/pleaser. i hate people telling me what to do. im a people demagnitizer(opposite of people magnet) i hate when you are just on a 2nd date and guys tell you you should hold hands or while on MY apartment, try to be intimate(YUCK!) when i barely know the guy and just go out with them for FREE food and movies ... what else...

Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 PM

918 posts, read 1,644,349 times
I really did not need that mental image man.

Yet I can't stop thinking about it........

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
That sounds like a guy that I dated...was hilarious...we held hands at the movies it was cute but I didn't feel like I wanted to make sweet sweat dripping love to him either.....

Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I believe, the longer your alone, the more unlonely you become. You get to realize, you, are your own best friend, you become self sufficent, and do not have to depend on anyone else...and the longer your alone, the less you want to share, whatever time we have left, living someone else's idea of what marriage/life should be...most people do not know how to allow others.

But, if you sit and really evaluate, why your alone, and why you want to meet someone, you'll find or at least I did, that a lot of my desires to become one with someone were really co-dependency, not inter-dependency...I can go anywhere by myself now...and it's so wonderful...but then, I've never had a good man so, perhaps that is why my singleness is so seductive?

Creme
I agree with this. Because I'm a very introspective person, I mean someone who examines my life situation a lot and thinks about the world around me, I started thinking about all of the times I felt like it'd be cool to have a girlfriend or whatever. In every case, it was a moment of weakness. I never felt I wanted or needed a girlfriend when I was doing well with my career or with school or life in general. I was happy enough in what I was doing I didn't even think about it. So that led me to believe that after a while, I would use this information in a new way, if I ever felt like I wanted a girlfriend, I knew something else was going wrong, so I'd know to try to figure out what and fix it

I think the more you are single, the stronger you are, the more able you are to handle any problems that come your way on your own, and that trains you to be prepared for anything. Overall, I think people who cling on to others for support end up becoming unable to handle problems themselves.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:20 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,711,451 times
I'm single because I choose to be. I used to think that I wanted a boyfriend but now I know that I just like the feeling of being free. NO having to stress about getting my boyfriend a present for his birthday, etc, not having to worry about if he is with some other chick. I'm happy by myself.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:23 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I believe, the longer your alone, the more unlonely you become. You get to realize, you, are your own best friend, you become self sufficent, and do not have to depend on anyone else...and the longer your alone, the less you want to share, whatever time we have left, living someone else's idea of what marriage/life should be...most people do not know how to allow others.

But, if you sit and really evaluate, why your alone, and why you want to meet someone, you'll find or at least I did, that a lot of my desires to become one with someone were really co-dependency, not inter-dependency...I can go anywhere by myself now...and it's so wonderful...but then, I've never had a good man so, perhaps that is why my singleness is so seductive?

Creme
this was a great post.
you got rep.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:08 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,196,803 times
Creme,

good stuff

Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,977,964 times
Then don't read my post....that easy to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
I really did not need that mental image man.

Yet I can't stop thinking about it........

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships