Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:48 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I'm thankful I lost a few pounds. Last month I was eating way too much ice cream and candy and gained a few pounds of flab in the process. Now I've lost some and I'm back to my hot figure again....

well, I'll take some of that ice cream you don't want?

thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by char65 View Post
I am thankful to the Universe for delivering me my husband, my soul-mate (cliche, I know) when I was open enough to not only receive him, but appreciate him in my life.

I'm thankful for my mother being around long enough for us to get to know and appreciate each other as individuals outside of the role of parent and child.

I'm thankful that my 16 year old cat is sitting in his basket looking as hornery as usual (he's had a rough summer.)

I'm thankful for the people on my apple tree, my extended family, the friends who have been an intricate part of my life for decades.

I'm thankful for a job that keeps me mentally active and an ex-boss (now a colleague) that has truly become a friend.

I'm thankful for Cremebrulee asking this question, causing me to pause to acknowledge the things in my life that are great.
You've taken time to remember others, which is significant and especially kind to remember....hugs and thank you
Creme

Old 10-29-2008, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
1. being a good person instead of a jerk
2. my family
3. my kitties, and all animals
4. my best friend
5. my home
6. music
7. baseball
8. having a brain
9. my TV and computer
10. snow
11. pretty good health
12. summer
13. books and magazines
14. the fact that I have no clue what my ex is doing with his new gf right now, because I don't WANT to know
15. good food
16. USA
17. being born when I was (1975)
18. contact lenses
19. flannel sheets
20. Pepsi
Love Pepsi, flannel sheets, books, and I'm also thankful for breaking free of my ex....LOL whhhoooo hooooo

Hugs
Creme

Old 10-29-2008, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
Thankfull that God gave me the things, that I really wanted on his time line not mine,(my DH and sons)
Thankfull for the things i have been blessed with and for the ones I will be, blessed with.
Thankfull,for in retrospect for the hard times I went through, its made me a better person and it has helped me to really be thankfull for what I have.
Thankfull for my Mom, Dad ,Brother and sisster they are wonderfull people.
Thankfull for my good outlook on life and how I can laugh at things (it has kept me sane)
You've reminded me, that I haven't been able to laugh for years, and it's starting to come back...hugs and thanks from one good outlook to another....
Creme

Old 10-29-2008, 12:36 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Ok,
-Good job
-Great kids
-VERY good family relationships all around
-A good group of friends and neighbors
-Understanding and flexible workplace as I have transitioned to single-parenthood.
-Lost 23lbs and will lose 20 more by Christmas. Basically, I have made an entire lifestyle change in health and eating.
-An improving outlook on life, less grief, more joy.
-Starting to date slowly, finding where I'm at emotionally, taking stock of life goals
-Trying to be a better person and making some progress

Old 10-29-2008, 01:45 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,797 times
I'm thankful for four beautiful grand daughters that are the joy of my life
I'm thankful my dad is alive and well at almost 88
I'm thankful we are retired and have our needs met.
I'm thankful for five great kids all grown up and happy
I'm thankful God loves me in spite of the mistakes I make and thankful that I have salvation through Christ.
I'm thankful for our church and the mission trips to Peru we have been on
And I'm thankful for my cute little bright yellow 250 Honda Helix that just turned 13th miles. That has been my fun outlet in the summers.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:17 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
I'm thankful for being a woman living in America, well educated and living in New England.

I'm grateful for being a woman and not living in poverty in a third world country. Even on a day that I feel poor, I know that it's nothing like being poor in India, Africa or most other places in the world.

I am thankful that I've always had access to birth control so I'm not saddled with children I didn't want.

I'm grateful that I was never forced to marry against my will.

I'm grateful for the excellent company of my extraordinary boyfriend that loves me despite our huge age gap.

I'm grateful for the fine company of my dogs and cats, and that I never have to consider them as food.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:52 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Here ya go ...<Hands over ice cream to creme>

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, I'll take some of that ice cream you don't want?

thanks for sharing

Old 10-29-2008, 08:00 PM

638 posts, read 1,918,603 times
I'm thankful for:

A loving, caring, sensitive husband (and apparently one of the last going by what is said on this forum LOL)

Parents and brother that will always be there for me (and I for them)

A son that is SLOWLY becoming less of a punk everyday and learning about real life

HAVING JOBS!!

Having jobs w/no commuting (I work at home as a medical transcriptionist and hubby works 5 mins away as IT)

Money in the bank

Cars that run and one that is paid off.

Enough money to pay bills and still some left to have alot of fun

3 cats that are not annoying and are loving and funny

Living in a beautiful state and in small town that makes you feel a world apart from the crap going on in the other parts of the nation

No traffic and 75 mph speed limits

We are healthy, parents are heallthy and bro and sil are healthy.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
What a great thread Creme, thanks for starting

I am blessed with a wonderful husband and a great marriage.

I am blessed with two beautiful children who make my life happier each and every day - more than I can ever imagine.

I am blessed with the best family and the most wonderful in-laws a person could ever ask for.

I am blessed with the nicest, most selfless group of friends.

I am blessed to have a home, clothing and food in these tough times.

I am blessed with a close knit, friendly and warm community of people who would give you their last dollar or the shirt of their back.

I don't know what I did to deserve these good things, but I am thankful for them everyday.

And last but never least, I am thankful of :

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships