Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:12 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,060,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Just because a woman makes the first move doesn't make the guy a wimp or weak-willed. The man I'm with now, and intend to be with indefinitely...he's career Army, a lieutenant-colonel. He is very definitely an alpha male (which is the type I always go for).

Granted, I didn't give him a chance to make the first move, within five minutes of seeing him for the first time, I'd already asked him out. Let me tell you, pairing an alpha male and an alpha female can be fantastic if you get the right type of alphas together.
Mmmmm.... good point. Maybe someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
I understand- I want a manly-man too, someone who is dominant
Not so dominant that he's over-powering though, but just enough to be an equal. I can be quite forcefull and I don't want someone who I can steamroll.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:34 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,655,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
This issue was raised in another thread and I was wondering how you all felt about it.

I'm in my mid-thirties and quite old-fashioned in thinking that it's a guy who should approach, call first, etc... Is this old-fashioned or is this the way most women really feel?

Do more younger women these days feel comfortable making the first move vs. older women?
I operate the exact same way as you do in this arena. I tend to see it traditional as opposed to old fashioned.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I operate the exact same way as you do in this arena. I tend to see it traditional as opposed to old fashioned.
Wow, that's comforting to know. I thought the rules were totally changing for a moment there.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,230,785 times
I do make the first move, often. I am also attracted to the alpha male, very tall........wait, need to go check out this other thread.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
I do make the first move, often. I am also attracted to the alpha male, very tall........wait, need to go check out this other thread.
Do you wait till he glances your way first or just out of the blue go up and talk to a stranger? Do you find that you over-power him personality wise?

Old 11-03-2008, 03:11 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,230,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
Do you wait till he glances your way first or just out of the blue go up and talk to a stranger? Do you find that you over-power him personality wise?
Yes, and no to the first question and definitely not to the second question.

I have spent about 3 years associated with a site and sometimes I will pop an email and that has worked out well. Sometimes I am contacted first and that has been ok. I do not overpower their personality, I mean some of them have to get one to begin with. Most of them have one.

If this is someone that I meet in real life, I wait for a bit to collect information and watch them in action. That may take a bit. I then wait to see how I feel in a situation and go with that. I have to rely on my intuition to tell me how it should be conducted or if it should be conducted at all.

I look for at similar interests. I look for ability to continue or have a conversation. Especially when I am online. I do not do it here because I am not looking here.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:11 PM

622 posts, read 3,113,685 times
My wife approached me in a very crowded club. Had she not, maybe I wouldn't have seen her. Now we've been married 12+ years with 2 kids.

I'm no less of a man for the initial meeting. She was smart, she took advantage of the situation at hand. Saw something she liked and approached. She asked me if I wanted to dance.

We've been dancing ever since. Awwwww.

omg I'm not so manly!

Seriously, life's too short. If you like something, get it!

I also think it depends on the setting. In a club or bar or any type of 'dating scene' atmosphere, the men could approach easier. We think it's more acceptable and women go there to meet men. On the other hand, a place like the grocery store or the gym (omg not the gym!), it may be an opportunity for the woman to approach because it may or may not be a good time for her to meet someone.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:52 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,750,317 times
I like it when women make the first move. Especially when it start with a flirt like a hair fling to show they have interest in you.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I like it when women make the first move. Especially when it start with a flirt like a hair fling to show they have interest in you.
But is flirting really a move? I don't think so. If she flirts and you ask her for her number, you've made the first move. She just dropped a hint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships