Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2008, 10:11 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Yes, Accutane can make you crazy...my aunt took it and on Christmas Eve one year she lost it, threw the Christmas tree out the door, her kids presents, her husband and her kids...she stopped taking the meds and is fine now with no other episodes...
NO WAY!!! That is sooo funy!!! LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 10:13 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS. Confused View Post
I will call my physican today. I guess meds cant hurt.

lola8822. Yea, I really dont think I loved him like I should have. I love him in the way you love the rest of your family, that, I think, is just because we have been together soooo long, Do you think I should keep things the way they are with him moving into his own lplace until i figure things out
Honestly? If I were in your shoes I'd go talk to a professional....possibly try meds.....I would explain to him the situation and that I needed space and if he couldn't give that to me I wouldn't have him come back.....however, if he agrees to your space terms and supports you I think you absolutely should have him come back......see if the counseling helps but you HAVE to try too....pick something you like to do and make plans to do it together.....couples massages maybe a day at the spa??? do something together to spark that flame again.....

Old 11-07-2008, 10:13 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
For the record, Accutane is serious stuff! I was on it a few years ago, and it made me crazy, literally! I cried for no reason and my emotions were out of whack! And believe me, I am never, ever like that. Its been known to seriously mess people up, and there was even a case or two concerning if it caused suicide. I'm not saying its why you feel this way, but I do believe it messes with emotions. But, it does make your skin look good!
No kiddin'! It has 2 pages of side effects! I was considering it long time ago and decided I'd rather live with less than perfect skin than be a wreck. I have a general rule of not touching anything not recommended for pregnant women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Not sure what you mean sierra?
I mean that thinking while on mind-altering (albeit legal... ) drugs is not any better.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:14 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
NO WAY!!! That is sooo funy!!! LOL!!!
Can you imagine?? "Sleigh Bells Ring, Can you hear them?" She was hearing voices instead of sleigh bells, apparently...

Old 11-07-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Yes, Accutane can make you crazy...my aunt took it and on Christmas Eve one year she lost it, threw the Christmas tree out the door, her kids presents, her husband and her kids...she stopped taking the meds and is fine now with no other episodes...
Wow...

Old 11-07-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow...
Yeah, she is probably one of the reasons for the 2 page disclaimers and list of side effects

Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 AM

524 posts, read 942,254 times
I had a woman break up with me the day I was proposing to her... she had no idea that I was going to propose to her and I bought a ring and got down on one knee and that is when she told me that she started liking someone else at her work.

I was crushed and in my mind all I could do is remember the good times. I was a good looking Italian guy who was in shape, funny, and had a good paying job... I always had a lot of friends and girlfriends. But after she did that to me... I could not think of anything but her, I could not see the fact that I had many friends and girls that wanted to be with me, all I could do was (for lack of a better word... "stalk" her)

Calls, drive by the house, drive by our special places, and show up where she was. I am not like that at all but I could not pull myself out of it! I think it was because it was a total shock and hit me blind-sided! I actually felt like being miserable and just wanted to destroy my social-life! I am one of those ultra-positive upbeat happy go lucky people who was the class clown and popular... I have never WANTED to be sad! But I did!

A year later we got back together again and a week later I wound up breaking up! I could not get past all of the crap she put me through and realized that I had created a false image of her in my mind to help me feel more like crap! ( I wanted to feel bad and that false image helped me do it!) After I broke up... it was like a giant weight had been lifted off of me. I do not know exactly what the switch was but it happened instantly! Then I met the beautiful woman that would later become my bride!

I have talked to many people who had someone break up or leave them and they went through the same sort of thing! I am not a psychiatrist but I think that is more common than we realize. (You have seen the movies where a man is trying to leave a relationship and a woman is being dragged as she clings to the man's leg or in the reverse, the movie: forgetting Sarah Marshall)

In fact, in the movie forgetting Sarah Marshall the male character went through something similar to what I went through. I do not know how to help you or him... but this is my personal story! I hope it helps in some way.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:23 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No kiddin'! It has 2 pages of side effects! I was considering it long time ago and decided I'd rather live with less than perfect skin than be a wreck. I have a general rule of not touching anything not recommended for pregnant women.

I mean that thinking while on mind-altering (albeit legal... ) drugs is not any better.
I disagree sierra - antidepressants aren't "mind altering" in the way illegal drugs are. When they work you don't feel high or confused at all. You just feel calm and able to think clearly. In fact, if you feel anything other than just "better" on an antidepressant you are not having a good reaction to it and need to try another kind.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I disagree sierra - antidepressants aren't "mind altering" in the way illegal drugs are. When they work you don't feel high or confused at all. You just feel calm and able to think clearly. In fact, if you feel anything other than just "better" on an antidepressant you are not having a good reaction to it and need to try another kind.
Hey Loves, Sierra was referring to Accutane...the acne medicine which is about as mind altering as LSD...but you will have nice skin

Old 11-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I'm not planning on trying any kind myself. I'd rather be my natural grumpy self than a Stepford-wife all-fake-smiles druggie. A coworker of mine who's big on this crap says only one or two of her soccer-mom group of friends are not on drugs and they're the "miserable" ones... I know for a fact my coworker is plenty miserable herself and taking a handful of pills every day is the only way she's able to stay married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships