Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:52 PM

5 posts, read 15,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Does your crush like you back? Is he without a girlfriend or wife? You may want to hang out a lot less with these friends and find other activities to enjoy. As a married couple, you should only hang out with other married couples (if he's single). You're not teenagers anymore, so your hanging out activities should become more mature and with less drinking and such. Or let your husband still hang with the gang while you start to do other things. At 24-25, you should still be developing your mind, like taking an occasional adult ed class in a new work skill, a foreign language or even cooking. Be a volunteer with a charity. Maybe start working out at a gym or take up a sport.

But hanging out with the gang is not the same as you and your husband going out on a romantic date, just the two of you.
we have a small group of friends, mostly they are couples, but this guy is single, yeah. and does he like me back? yeah, that's where my feelings are getting mixed up. we aren't crazy partiers who get drunk at clubs with friends every weekend (ok, with the exception of every once in a while, like this halloween). as far as keeping my mind developing, i am finishing up my masters degree right now. my husband on the other hand has a high school education and still doesnt know what he wants to be when he grows up...which i wish i could help him with, but i can't. we do things on our own like movies and dinners out, nothing big. thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 06:07 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,304,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Crushes are normal and fine as long as you don't act on them.
Exactly..... I have little mini-crushes on a weekly basis.... So what???

It's the day that I ask one of them out for coffee or a drink that I've crossed the line.....

Pretty simple to me really...

For those that have a love that leaves no room to get a little hot and bothered by someone else??? Hey, more power to ya..... Doesn't compute with me.... I love my wife, but that doesn't mean an attractive woman with a little sass, sarcasm and a quick wit isn't capable of pushing my buttons.....

Hey..... Life........ Whatcha gonna do???

Old 11-03-2008, 06:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,975,190 times
no because it goes against the teachings of Jesus <just kidding>

Old 11-03-2008, 06:15 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,058,973 times
Normal. I have a crush on someone new every day of the dang week! I'd have to be some skank-*ss 'ho to act on all of them though!

Old 11-03-2008, 06:48 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,975,190 times
considered me freaked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Normal. I have a crush on someone new every day of the dang week! I'd have to be some skank-*ss 'ho to act on all of them though!

Old 11-03-2008, 06:58 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,304,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
considered me freaked out.
That she has crushes??? Or that she's not a skank a$$ed ho??

Old 11-03-2008, 07:00 PM

11 posts, read 27,397 times
there is a lot of difference in love/commitment and love/crush...grow up a bit

Old 11-03-2008, 07:01 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
sure it is, just as normal as me wanting to harm someone, but they doesn't mean i gota do it.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:18 PM

391 posts, read 873,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abitconfused View Post
no kids, we're young, 24-25. i've had the crush for over a year, but it grew into a bigger crush more recently. he's in our circle of people we hang out with, i see him at least once a week. its a little complicated, i dont really want to share a ton here, but thanks for the opinions!
In light of the fact of not wanting to share.... I want to say a crush not acted upon OK. Been there etc. I believe when we mature we need to be just that, mature. It is ok to have those feelings but constant contact with that person can lead to a heart ache. A crush comes from a sexual infatuation. When you promised to love, honor and cherish keeping only unto him means just that. Turn away from the crush and focus on your marriage which is suppose to be a life long commitment.
How would you feel if your spouse was after some hot blonde her had a crush on? Would you care if you were betrayed? Be very careful you are on a slippery slope. As one who has been betayed too many times by men it hurts.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:58 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,245,736 times
Just because you are married doesn't mean you went blind. So, I think it is normal to run into people you think are real attractive and just for a minute a weird thought may float through your head. However, if this is a person you are bumping into a whole lot and the thoughts are gaining a foot hold in your heart....you may need to take some time to get alone and sort it all out before any mistakes are make that you will regret later. I don't say this judgmental....but from past experience. It can creep up to bite you in the butt in a heartbeat and destroy your marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships