Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 08:28 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,738 times

Advertisements

... I just read the thread about pics of the man w/ kid and he freaked out.

This past weekend, I lost my digital camera. I am still looking for it, but I am not hopeful I will find it. And I lost it outside my home.

The pictures in the memory card were all G-rated. They were pictures I snapped from my sibling's recent wedding.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but what is likeliest to happen if someone found my camera and decided to keep it? To just chuck the memory card and be merry w/ the camera? Again, none of the photographs were in any way indecent or incriminating. I'm just concerned, that's all (and fortunately I downloaded all those wedding day photographs, so they weren't lost).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 11:31 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
It's always a good idea to never store any pictures on your digital camera or cell phone that you wouldn't be willing to share with the public. Keep downloading those pictures and erasing them from your cameras.

A few years ago, someone from another message board found a digital camera. And human nature being what it is, he looked to see what pictures were stored on the camera. There were some very risque self portraits of a woman on the camera and he posted them all up in a thread. It was a very popular thread with the guys... and I'm sure that the thread was also sent to many other people on the internet....

Old 11-05-2008, 02:07 AM

656 posts, read 2,743,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post

... I just read the thread about pics of the man w/ kid and he freaked out.

This past weekend, I lost my digital camera. I am still looking for it, but I am not hopeful I will find it. And I lost it outside my home.

The pictures in the memory card were all G-rated. They were pictures I snapped from my sibling's recent wedding.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but what is likeliest to happen if someone found my camera and decided to keep it? To just chuck the memory card and be merry w/ the camera? Again, none of the photographs were in any way indecent or incriminating. I'm just concerned, that's all (and fortunately I downloaded all those wedding day photographs, so they weren't lost).

Well I'm not sure what your so paranoid about?

You said that they were all G rated photos right
(thank god, or you would be over the internet by now)
and you have backup so I don't know why you would be so worried?
Yes I dont think you will see the camera again.
Yes who ever finds your camera will keep it.
How do they know where to return it.
Yes they will definitely look at your Photos (who wouldn't, where all curious by nature)
Once they have had a look and realize there just boring wedding photo's(if thats what it is)
they will throw away the memory stick all erase it (I don't know how your camera works)
so can't think of why anyone would keep the photos if thats what your worried about.
Your best case scenario is grandpa finds your camera in front of your house see's the photos,
recognizes the house in some photo shots and returns it to you.But you have a better chance
of winning the lottery then this happening I'm sorry

PS Put some flyers up around the neighborhood about the missing camera ,you never know?
Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships