Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 08:09 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,191,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
Yeah at my house there would be two sets of Golden Retrieves eyes peering over the edge of the bed watching the whole thing.
LOL!

We have 4 cats and we prefer to shut the door to the bedroom and keep the cats out when we get intimate but there have been a couple times a cat was unknowingly under the bed and we would suddenly hear scratching to get out of the room. I think the action freaks them out a little! And we react by stopping for a minute, laughing, letting the cat out, then resuming, sometimes still laughing. Pets sure make life fun!

Our cats are part of the family, so outside of that particular activity they are allowed to roam everywhere in the house, including the bedroom. We love when they sleep and cuddle with us. I love when they lay on the bed with me while I have a nap (I've had some bad health issues for the past couple of years so I usually have to rest/take a nap every day). And nothing is nicer than those times when we're watching a movie (on our massive 73 inch widescreen tv) in the family room with our cats cuddled up all around us on our 13 and a half foot long by 8 foot long sectional.

I would never have a friend who didn't love animals. I was lucky enough to find a man who loves cats as much as I do and who considers them to be the highest priority in our life (we can't have children and don't want them either; our cats have that special place in our life that children usually occupy) - and I married him. We just had to put my 18 year old cat to sleep two weeks ago and we're grieving so this issue is especially sensitive for me.

To the OP, you don't really love pets or you wouldn't be making such a big thing out of it. Find others like you and stick with them. Pet people should be with fellow pet people and non-pet people should be with non-pet people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 08:24 AM

886 posts, read 5,722,661 times
There animals not kids get over it.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:28 AM

12,974 posts, read 34,001,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
I had posted a discussion last night, but it was deleted. So I assume I need to be less graphic about it.

Anyway, Im not so angry as I was last night, but to re-cap I met someone who had their cat climbing and sniffing all over my clothes while we were being intimate.

I also didnt like the idea of when I first meet someone, they have their cat/dog running the house, or spend half the date yelling at their pets to get off the sofa or go to the other room. HELLO! you should have put your pet in the other room before I get to your house!

I was so turned off from the nasty cat poop smell and the cat itself, that I quickly got dressed and left. Do people not realize that having their pet staring at a someone being intimate is uncomfortable? Dont get me wrong, I love pets...but I came to spend time with you...not AND your cat/dog. The reason why I am griping about this now is because I have had it happen 2, 3, 10 times already!

p.s. I meant to have this posted in the relationship forum.
Thats why when I was dating, I NEVER dated a woman who owned a cat. I personally am disgusted by them. Dogs are cool though. They wont walk on your coffee table or kitchen counter tops with is really disgusting.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:05 AM
miu

17,771 posts, read 40,227,414 times
Cat people should only date other cat people. And the same goes for dog people. Then there are some people that just aren't into pets, and they should stick with their kind also.

With households with cats, there are two issues, dirty litter boxes and then the occasional worst problem which is cat urine smell. That's when they have an unfixed male cat marking territory. If the pet's owner doesn't notice it then it's because they've gotten used to it.

Otherwise, every household has a different scent. What I can't stand are the smell of too much air freshener products and scented candles. I've had to walk out of shops that sold scented candles because they gave me a headache. I also dislike that old lady type perfume that smells of roses. I'm not big on sandalwood incense either. Then depending on what is cooked and eaten in a home, there could be lingering smells from that like fish or curry. Food smells don't generally bother me.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:26 AM

930 posts, read 2,426,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafracer View Post
Man was THAT quote ever long overdue in this thread.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:04 AM

12,974 posts, read 34,001,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Cat people should only date other cat people. And the same goes for dog people. Then there are some people that just aren't into pets, and they should stick with their kind also.

I also dislike that old lady type perfume that smells of roses. I'm not big on sandalwood incense either. Then depending on what is cooked and eaten in a home, there could be lingering smells from that like fish or curry. Food smells don't generally bother me.
I agree totally with this. I am not at all a cat person and if I find out that someone is into cats its an immediate cause for disqualification. I do not like cats and will never allow them into my home. But my dog has free reign and can roam anywhere she wants. There is nothing worse than the smell of cat urine or litter boxes.

I actually LOVE the smell of sandalwood incense - LOVE IT. Go to a yoga place, new age bookstore or buddhist temple and the smell relaxes and calms me.

OP, if the woman wont put her cat elsewhere, then you should dump her.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:11 PM
miu

17,771 posts, read 40,227,414 times
Being a cat lover, a dog lover or an animal lover is a lifestyle. Just like sierraAZ defends her right to smoke cigarettes. Or other people who need to go to church and mass on a regular basis. Or those who want kids and those that don't. If you really love someone and care about them, then you should never ask them to change who they are. Somethings just can't be compromised on. Again, it's the whole life is too short thing. There are plenty of good people to date out there, so if you encounter a deal breaker, just cut your losses and graciously move on to the next person. And try to find these deal breakers out before getting too emotionally involved with them. It's so easy to ask a few questions here and there. Maybe people need to sit down and make a list of their deal breakers rather than just not thinking things out and waiting until the situation becomes a crisis.

I could never live without having a dog or several dogs in my life. I'm less of a cat person, but I probably will always have one or two of those. There are just too many cats languishing in the shelters also. And I've always known for certain that I would never want to have kids. It's so important to really know oneself so thoroughly.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:53 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,415,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Well, animals hump in front of us, might as well return the favor!
LOL. Simple and to the point!

I personally haven't seen it. I've seen animals (my dog) get ULTRA jealous when someone brings over their pet (another dog) and you pet it / pay attention to it. She became the ultimate "attention *****" on the heels of that.

I've also seen my dog get irate and skittish when there was loud verbal back and forth within the family. But as far as affectionate stuff goes, they seem to be in their own world....cats EVEN MORE SO.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:43 PM

37,718 posts, read 46,149,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafracer View Post
TOTALLY agree. But to some people, they are one and the same.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:54 PM

16,223 posts, read 25,701,762 times
If this same situation keeps happening to you, then maybe you should come out and ask them right up front if they have animals in their home?
If so, then make him take you to a motel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships