Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 10:07 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,664,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
You must not have grown up with pets. I can understand the cat litter box smell issue - that's not pleasant. But people with pets generally do have them in the house. If you don't like pets, perhaps you shouldn't become intimate with someone who has pets. We draw the line at the dog or cat actually being ON the bed with us . They're sent to the floor during those moments. Unless WE'RE on the floor. Then they're sent to the bed .
Cats are very clean animals, if they are going in the litter box and that is far enough away it shouldn't be that much of an issue really. I mean it's so funny to me when non-pet people are weird about things I consider very normal. When I was first born, my cat slept in the crib with me curled up next to me. She was always looking after me I grew up with her sleeping on my pillow or sometimes right next to me even. Some cats don't particularly do well with sitting still on a bed, but a lot of the good ones do, and they aren't filthy and mangy like a lot of dogs and they don't try to lick your face or some nasty crap so I don't mind having a cat sleep on the bed with me, I mean provided I'm not doing anything in it, haha. But I've had friends who were like, "Oh my god you let your cat sleep on your bed?!" I just looked at them like, Duh... what is your deal??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 10:10 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,287,443 times
My grandmother would have a fit if she knew you slept in the crib with a cat...she is from New Orleans and cats near babies is considered VERY bad luck...I'll have to tell her you lived through it!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:11 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,045,025 times

Im watching you!!!!

Old 11-06-2008, 10:14 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,629,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
My grandmother would have a fit if she knew you slept in the crib with a cat...she is from New Orleans and cats near babies is considered VERY bad luck...I'll have to tell her you lived through it!
shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....you better just keep quiet missy and nobody will get hurt

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 11-06-2008, 10:15 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,026,798 times
dang that cat is mean^

Old 11-06-2008, 10:20 PM

391 posts, read 874,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Funny I always was told the same thing. Very dangerous they can sufforcate a baby because they are attracted to the mile smell from their mouth. This is what I was taught early on. Have no idea how true though I would never let any animal sleep with an infant.

In regards to the sex, just toss them out of the room and shut the door. I do not like them in the room either. I have a pug and her snorts and snores and this is distracting. I am a woman and can be too easliy distracted by people or noises in the house. I want to be alone with my partner when being intimate. I also won't sleep with them. My husband is lucky he can sleep with me. I am a very light sleeper and he alone wakes me up an animal would drive me insane.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:24 PM

146 posts, read 438,847 times
no, I think some have completely misunderstood...

Like I said, I love pets. The problem was that the cat was curling his/her (i dont know) tail around my legs and walking past us while we were on the couch.

someone mentioned my clothes? I was wearing bath and body works lotion and body spray. apple scent? Cats dont like apples right?

In addition, its not whether they are paying attention, its the concept. I lived with my dog, turtles, snakes and all kinds of pets when I was younger. I would never imagine bringing them into the bedroom with me.

Also, what about when people spend the whole time yelling at their cat/dog to go away or get off the couch? so annoying! Then, they interrupt your conversation by yelling at them. so inconsiderate

Old 11-07-2008, 12:07 AM

519 posts, read 1,699,752 times
Okay, so, yes, untrained animals are a nuisance. I happen to have a housemate with untrained animals. So annoying. And, yes, I would probably be mad if the cat and dog wouldn't leave us alone, or were trying to get on the couch, etc. It's bad pet ownership. How people interact with their pets is a good sign of boundaries. If the dog rules the house, you know he'll be *allowed* to rule over you (whether you like it or not).

However, our family dog and cat would never have done something like that. The dog sleeps on his bed, and he leaves people alone. He knows better. The cat would have slept some place else. And if she was super annoying, she would have been put outside.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:02 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,915,758 times
Next time try removing your clothes first? And are all your bedmates so gross the house reeks of kitty's litter or dog's dung? You might consider finding some new friends. Friends without pets for instance.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:46 AM

11,414 posts, read 24,520,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
no, I think some have completely misunderstood...

Like I said, I love pets. The problem was that the cat was curling his/her (i dont know) tail around my legs and walking past us while we were on the couch.

someone mentioned my clothes? I was wearing bath and body works lotion and body spray. apple scent? Cats dont like apples right?

In addition, its not whether they are paying attention, its the concept. I lived with my dog, turtles, snakes and all kinds of pets when I was younger. I would never imagine bringing them into the bedroom with me.

Also, what about when people spend the whole time yelling at their cat/dog to go away or get off the couch? so annoying! Then, they interrupt your conversation by yelling at them. so inconsiderate
So you go to someone's house for the first time and there's a cat wandering around? That's normal. Most people do not sequester their pets when company comes over, unless it's a mean dog.

Friendly cats like to rub up against people and things. That's normal.

Your obsession with your clothes or freaking out - and probably causing your friend to yell at the cat is not quite normal. Maybe you're just too fussy? Particular? High maintenance?

If you aren't comfortable coming into someone else's home and accepting how they do things, then maybe it's your problem, not theirs. The world does not revolve around you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships