Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 09:09 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times

Advertisements

oh and a vasectomy is as easy as scheduling a dental appointment. so don't blame laziness, necessarily. you might as well just do it and get it over with. go with your friend, play PS, order pizzas, whatever, in a day or two you're good as new, then you don't ever have to worry about child support payments or anything like that!
I just think it's overkill that you keep getting hounded for not wanting kids and you have to keep defending yourself. you are entitled to your opinion, but there is an easy solution - vasectomy - as soon as you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
No, not at all. If she eventually wants kids that's ok with me, we can date. You don't seem to understand it doesn't work both ways. I'm fine with a girl dating me for two to three months, or two to three years, then saying, "Hey, look, I need a guy who can give me a commitment and I want to have kids." I'd just be like, ok, yeah you're right, I guess it's that time to go ahead and go find that guy. I am not going to take it personally, it's nothing personal, it's just about your life goals. I do not have a problem with dating girls who eventually want kids, probably every girl I've dated has been that way so far I think. One actually now has kids, eerie...

You should want someone like me to have kids, honestly, because if I did you know I would be able to raise a kid better than most parents. I'm a total perfectionist in all that I do, with ample financial resources, and if I did have a kid I would obviously be able to provide a path to success. But that's not really the point. The point is I believe I can do more good for the world by giving my time towards greater causes than just one kid. I would rather impact the world if I can in a greater way. I'm not saying I will be able to accomplish that, I'm only saying that's my goal and I believe I have a high enough chance at success that it's a worthy pursuit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 09:10 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:

You should want someone like me to have kids, honestly, because if I did you know I would be able to raise a kid better than most parents. I'm a total perfectionist in all that I do, with ample financial resources, and if I did have a kid I would obviously be able to provide a path to success .[/color] But that's not really the point. The point is I believe I can do more good for the world by giving my time towards greater causes than just one kid. I would rather impact the world if I can in a greater way. I'm not saying I will be able to accomplish that, I'm only saying that's my goal and I believe I have a high enough chance at success that it's a worthy pursuit.

Being a perfectionist and having $$$ doesn't not equate to being a better parent, nor does it guarantee a better path to success.

So at 25/26, what exactly are you doing now to have an impact on the world? Giving your .02 on CD? What is this goal you speak of that requires that you focus on it soley? I don't know if you're aware, but MANY people have children and still give time to causes and have an impact on the world.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:11 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
they bad mouth it bek your thread gives them an opportunity to do so.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:16 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Sportsgal -- point taken. I'm sure it's not that hard, I guess they can do it non-surgically now basically, through laser technology, it's not invasive in any case, which is cool.

ImportersWife -- caring and having money is pretty much 90% of the battle. My parents did a great job giving me opportunities to follow my dreams because they encouraged me, supported me, were around a lot, and had the money to allow me to pursue what I wanted. That is a large part of good parenting. I'm sorry, but these parents who kick their kids out the door at 18 and the kids are strapped with huge student loans, that's not good parenting. This is 2008. College in 2008 = high school in 1978. You can't do anything without a college degree now basically. Even my degree, philosophy, let's face it if I wanted to get a job with this degree what do you think I'd get? Maybe $12 per hour? What maybe $18 if I was lucky? LOL.

I'm a film director / producer. One overriding reason I wanted to do film is so that I could make projects of philosophical significance and meaning. I majored in philosophy because the deeper issues concern me, and I believe that reaching people now days takes new media, like film, not books like previous philosophers. So I want to be able to make movies of philosophical significance that change the way people look at life and at major issues. I believe if I'm successful I can shape more peoples' thoughts and opinions about more critical issues than if I were a politician, a teacher, or any other profession. I personally value the contributions of engineers and scientists most to society, but unfortunately I do not have the genius scientific or mathematical mind required to pursue those types of professions. But if I can make films that interest people in those pursuits, I can do my part to further research and development as well. Filmmakers, at the highest point, wield the most powerful tools in the world, in my opinion. We had a film teacher who I didn't think was maybe the best filmmaker, but he was great with words, and he said something that I've always felt as well: "If you can change the way people think, you can change the way people act. And if you can change the way people act, you can change the world."

Old 11-14-2008, 09:34 AM

having a baby doesn't have to ruin your body. have you seen brooke burke on DWTS? she's had 4, count them 4!, kids. tell me if you think her body is ruined.
your body will respond to what you do to it. If you have a kid, and let yourself go, then it will show. If you work out, take cae of yourself then it will show. men let themselves go all the time and they don't have babies.
what I like about George clooney is his honesty. he doesn't marriage or kids, so what!?!!! I'd date him in a heartbeat!! I'll do my "2 - 3 months" and gladly walk away!! ha! ha!

Quote:
Yeah that's why I usually say something upfront. But since most girls do want kids, that ends things right upfront much of the time

George Clooney is awesome in that respect. When I heard that about him, that he didn't ever want kids, I gained tons of respect for him. Too many celebrities have it all, money, power, fame, and they still act ordinary in other ways, it's depressing. The last thing I want to see is gorgeous 20-something celebrities ruining their bodies with kids. Oh well I'm sure I'll be ogling their hot offspring 18 years from now anyway, so there is that.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:38 AM

HAHA, nice. Yeah I'm in for a life of getting used and abused. Ah well, as long as it's by cute girls.

Brooke Burke is super hot, my kind of chick for several reasons I will not go into, but it has to do with her unique interests. Why she'd have four kids, though, I have no idea. Celebrities usually recover well from having kids, because they have plenty of money to throw behind the recovery plan. If I married a girl and wanted kids, the same would be the case for her, whatever it cost, it would be worthwhile. But no thanks to that. I mean I'm sorry but the whole thing is really nasty to me. Boobs are for ME to play with not for a kid to suck on. And I don't want to see a hot girl super fat because she's pregnant, nasty. And then not be able to do her for months because she's so fat and it might hurt the baby. And not to mention I don't think I could get it up anyway seeing that, eww. Poor girls, I don't know why you'd want to get pregnant, whatever dignity you have left after getting annual physical exams, which are already nasty and an invasion of privacy if you're a girl, you completely surrender by having to have a kid, not only because of childbirth but walking around with that thing in your stomach, then cleaning up nasty diapers, etc. I wouldn't want any girl of mine to go through that.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:44 AM

well, again you can have your opinions. protein shakes and a gym membership isn't that expensive.
what about women that have to put up with their guys gaining weight and getting a disgusting beer-belly? I think that's gross. I'd rather have a gyn appointment any day over having sex with a guy and his gross, out of shape gut!
especially if the gyn is hot!!

Quote:
HAHA, nice. Yeah I'm in for a life of getting used and abused. Ah well, as long as it's by cute girls.

Brooke Burke is super hot, my kind of chick for several reasons I will not go into, but it has to do with her unique interests. Why she'd have four kids, though, I have no idea. Celebrities usually recover well from having kids, because they have plenty of money to throw behind the recovery plan. If I married a girl and wanted kids, the same would be the case for her, whatever it cost, it would be worthwhile. But no thanks to that. I mean I'm sorry but the whole thing is really nasty to me. Boobs are for ME to play with not for a kid to suck on. And I don't want to see a hot girl super fat because she's pregnant, nasty. And then not be able to do her for months because she's so fat and it might hurt the baby. And not to mention I don't think I could get it up anyway seeing that, eww. Poor girls, I don't know why you'd want to get pregnant, whatever dignity you have left after getting annual physical exams, which are already nasty and an invasion of privacy if you're a girl, you completely surrender by having to have a kid, not only because of childbirth but walking around with that thing in your stomach, then cleaning up nasty diapers, etc. I wouldn't want any girl of mine to go through that.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
The last thing I want to see is gorgeous 20-something celebrities ruining their bodies with kids. Oh well I'm sure I'll be ogling their hot offspring 18 years from now anyway, so there is that.
Wow.

Quote:
I'm a film director / producer. One overriding reason I wanted to do film is so that I could make projects of philosophical significance and meaning. I majored in philosophy because the deeper issues concern me, and I believe that reaching people now days takes new media, like film, not books like previous philosophers. So I want to be able to make movies of philosophical significance that change the way people look at life and at major issues. I believe if I'm successful I can shape more peoples' thoughts and opinions about more critical issues than if I were a politician, a teacher, or any other profession. I personally value the contributions of engineers and scientists most to society, but unfortunately I do not have the genius scientific or mathematical mind required to pursue those types of professions. But if I can make films that interest people in those pursuits, I can do my part to further research and development as well. Filmmakers, at the highest point, wield the most powerful tools in the world, in my opinion. We had a film teacher who I didn't think was maybe the best filmmaker, but he was great with words, and he said something that I've always felt as well: "If you can change the way people think, you can change the way people act. And if you can change the way people act, you can change the world."
After reading many of your posts, I have to wonder what you really can contribute to society.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:48 AM

HAHA, wow I had never even thought about that. I am not sure that having a random hot guy checking out your holiest of holies would be that great of a thought, but hey I'm not a girl. I wouldn't let any girl no matter how hot, doctor not, look at me down there, disturbing. I mean if I didn't know her. If she's my girlfriend she can play doctor all she wants. hahaha.

Guys with a beer belly are nasty. There's no excuse for that crap. If a guy gets all fat and disgusting on a girl who is in good shape, I think it's very disrespectful, to be honest. It shows a lack of respect for yourself and your partner. I guess if you're both fat, oh well. But I pride myself on staying in great shape, it helps me feel good physically and mentally both, and I feel keeps me strong mentally, emotionally, and physically. The key to a good life is health, both mental and physical. Beer guts are nasty.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Wow.

After reading many of your posts, I have to wonder what you really can contribute to society.
Well at least I have a chance, unlike some people who happen to be making personal attacks in virtually very post, not to name names or anything like that.

First of all, though, I am not primarily concerned by "contributing to society" in the sense that you would think of it. Society is not something I aspire to please or aspire to be useful to. I am not a tool of society. Society is my tool, my playground, my area to make an impact. It is moldable and bendable to the will of strong individuals. It is nothing if not an indistinct blob, never particularly original nor inspiring except as it is moved forward by great individuals. So I don't look to live my life in service of society, and the measure of a man is not how useful he is to society. A great man is still great even if you remove him from society and put him on an island in the middle of nowhere. He doesn't cease to be great just because he can no longer affect society. He is great inherently, out of an abundance of energy and strength.

My interests in the way I want to shape the world may counter yours directly, and if that's the case that is exactly what I would wish to do. The world needs more people like me, and less people who follow the herd, live inside of the box, and have nothing interesting or original to offer to the world. I want to speak to the rare exceptions, the people out there who may think they are alone in fighting against the grain, but they are not. And to the masses, maybe I can stir a few opinions here or there. If I can't, that's fine too, my philosophy is not for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships