Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:28 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,231,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Don't be so paranoid. Nobody wants to stalk you. If you are famous like at the level of a best selling author or at the level of Britney Spears then yes...that would be understandable.
Anyone who emails you that many times in the space of 5 minutes and not having one reply sent back is stalking material. Desperate. Clingy. A lot of crap I don't need. Someone if you had to dump would stalk you.
Talk about freakin' naive.

Don't tell me how to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 06:31 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,656,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Anyone who emails you that many times in the space of 5 minutes and not having one reply sent back is stalking material. Desperate. Clingy. A lot of crap I don't need. Someone if you had to dump would stalk you.
Talk about freakin' naive.

Don't tell me how to be.
I just had a guy call me, who I have no desire to speak to (just cause I don't want to which is good enough reason) 4 times in the past 7 minutes after leaving one message of "hey what's up -call me back." Example of a potential stalker. Big turn-off. Get a hint.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,972,572 times
Being stalked is rare. Here are the stats. Get over yourself ladies. Set boundaries with direct communication.

"Eight percent of women and two percent of men in the United States have been stalked in their lifetime."

Stalking Resource Center -- National Center for Victims of Crime - statistics/Comprehensive Statistics (http://www.ncvc.org/src/main.aspx?dbID=DB_Other_Statistics156 - broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
It is creepy and no, stalkers are not rare. A stalker does NOT have to know much about you at all. Guess you have never experienced the obsessed.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Being stalked is rare. Here are the stats. Get over yourself ladies. Set boundaries with direct communication.

"Eight percent of women and two percent of men in the United States have been stalked in their lifetime."

Stalking Resource Center -- National Center for Victims of Crime - statistics/Comprehensive Statistics (http://www.ncvc.org/src/main.aspx?dbID=DB_Other_Statistics156 - broken link)
And that is only what has been reported.

Not all rape is reported either. Your point?

I do not think you are grasping what the COMMON WOMAN considers stalking.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:33 PM

Take accountability. Tell him to stop calling or use better judgment when you give out your number. Please stop blaming others.

Quote:
I just had a guy call me, who I have no desire to speak to (just cause I don't want to which is good enough reason) 4 times in the past 7 minutes after leaving one message of "hey what's up -call me back." Example of a potential stalker. Big turn-off. Get a hint.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:36 PM

Stalking is not rape. It sounds like you have an ax to grind or have some misandristic type issues.

Quote:

Old 11-08-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Take accountability. Tell him to stop calling or use better judgment when you give out your number. Please stop blaming others.
I dated the guy 4 times. When a woman does not answer, take the hint via the UNIVERSAL language of silence! You say some of the things that you do and you are SO very offensive with only HALF of the facts at hand. I mean, seriously, you are sometimes not even of this planet.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:37 PM

What does the "common woman" consider stalking??? Do tell....

I'm one of the most blunt and direct people and if I want to get a message across and I happen to send 3 or 4 small messages within 5 minutes I don't consider myself "obsessed" with the person....I'm trying to get a message across.

My guess is you've just known a lot of really trashy and low quality people....and therefore are paranoid.

Quote:

I do not think you are grasping what the COMMON WOMAN considers stalking.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:39 PM

He was wondering why you were ignoring him and was expecting an explanation. Silence is not universal for "take a hike" it can mean three or four different things......playing hard to get, very busy, approval, etc........FYI.

Quote:
I dated the guy 4 times. When a woman does not answer, take the hint via the UNIVERSAL language of silence! You say some of the things that you do and you are SO very offensive with only HALF of the facts at hand. I mean, seriously, you are sometimes not even of this planet.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Stalking is not rape. It sounds like you have an ax to grind or have some misandristic type issues.

Everyone has issues to you, Artsy. Some have yet to point out yours for the sake of sparing your feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships