Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 03:05 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,336,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Her husband should help himself. She doesn't need to "get over herself"...we're in the year 2008. Women are ALLOWED to have platonic friendships of the opposite sex nowadays. She doesn't need to answer to anyone. It was very jerkface of you to tell her to "be a good wife".
Would you say the same if it were the husband who had such a friendship with a married woman who happened to be a childhood buddy?

yes, it's 2008 and women are more than allowed to have friendships w/ the opposite sex. but sometimes it's not all that clean/clear as we would hope it to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 03:06 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,737,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
uh last time I checked husband and wife were a team. Maybe she needs to have an intellectual conversation with her husband about this matter.
That's still different from "being a good wife". You know what connotations such a statement has, right?

Old 11-13-2008, 03:07 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,737,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Would you say the same if it were the husband who had such a friendship with a married woman who happened to be a childhood buddy?

yes, it's 2008 and women are more than allowed to have friendships w/ the opposite sex. but sometimes it's not all that clean/clear as we would hope it to be.
Perhaps my view on this is a bit more liberal than most but yes, if it were the other way around I'd be fine with it too. In fact, that is the case for me--my boyfriend just happens to have more female friends than male and such is life.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
Does it look like I can read your mind?

Quote:
That's still different from "being a good wife". You know what connotations such a statement has, right?

Old 11-13-2008, 03:09 PM

hopefully he isn't popping any of them

Quote:
Perhaps my view on this is a bit more liberal than most but yes, if it were the other way around I'd be fine with it too. In fact, that is the case for me--my boyfriend just happens to have more female friends than male and such is life.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Fair enough, but just remember that not all are as liberal as you are - and perhaps this is the case with the husband.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:13 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,412,061 times
Quote:
Her husband should help himself. She doesn't need to "get over herself"...we're in the year 2008. Women are ALLOWED to have platonic friendships of the opposite sex nowadays. She doesn't need to answer to anyone. It was very jerkface of you to tell her to "be a good wife".

Would you feel alright if your guy was just friends with some jawdropping bosom open personality knockout girl?Tell me you wouldn't stop and think sometimes that maybe he might loose control when you aren't around?

I have been "just" friends a couple times inmy life and in both cases sexual attractiveness either was at the start or the end.One girl I wanted her,she didn't want me,now I don't want her and we are friends anyway.The other I wanted,she didn't want me,then one day out of the blue she came on to me and the next thing I knew it was more than friends.....

Old 11-13-2008, 03:14 PM

dang lionking did you and her do some kama sutra together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Would you feel alright if your guy was just friends with some jawdropping bosom open personality knockout girl?Tell me you wouldn't stop and think sometimes that maybe he might loose control when you aren't around?

I have been "just" friends a couple times inmy life and in both cases sexual attractiveness either was at the start or the end.One girl I wanted her,she didn't want me,now I don't want her and we are friends anyway.The other I wanted,she didn't want me,then one day out of the blue she came on to me and the next thing I knew it was more than friends.....

Old 11-13-2008, 03:18 PM

188 posts, read 474,987 times
Weather or not your husband is insecure is not the point. There is a problem in the relationship, and that affects both partners. It is as much your responsibility as it is his responsibility to address the problem. This can be done in several different ways. Sitting down and talking the problem thru, and trying to reach a resonable commpromise that satisfies both parties. Or possibly going to a counselor, an independent third party that can help you reach a compromise. Don't just dismiss his concerns as insecurity and that he has to get over it. My 2 cents worth

Old 11-13-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post

Precisely.

The married lady friend I spoke of - she's not a jawdropping bosom knockout, but she's pretty and has a very feminine way about her. In fact, one of my old college buddies told me she had this certain sexually provocative air about her. Looking back, I think he was right.

funny thing was we started out as friends; she actually came to me and started to talk to me in one of our classes. Got my number.

One day on campus we were sitting outside and let's just say I let her know how attractive I thought she was. She was taken aback, but strangely, she didn't ask me to stop or fight it... she just said that she didn't want to do anything that would've ruined our friendship. I should've listened to her, because after that day i felt awkward around her for a while. Eventually things went back to normal and we are now friends on a clean and adult level - she's married and has a child.

But if I say I didnt' enjoy that kiss and the other ... demonstrations of affection that we engaged in, I'd be a stinking liar.

There was attraction in the middle and towards the end, and to be totally honest, there still is (at least from my end). She just happens to be married now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships