Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 04:06 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,111,479 times

Advertisements

Hey - she said he's suspicious or jealous or whatever about her female friendships too. I'm wondering how it would go if she got a pet. I mean, you really get emotionally attached to pets. This might just send the guy over the edge!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 04:07 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,732,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Hey - she said he's suspicious or jealous or whatever about her female friendships too. I'm wondering how it would go if she got a pet. I mean, you really get emotionally attached to pets. This might just send the guy over the edge!
Hey man, husbands got to get down with the WWM threesomes.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:08 PM

111 posts, read 287,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
It's all about CONTROL. He wants to control you. You need to get out while you can!
You crack me up and your posts do too.....I think you might be a bit of a man hater though. No worries though.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texgrl View Post
You crack me up and your posts do too.....I think you might be a bit of a man hater though. No worries though.
No, I am not a man hater. You said yourself that your husband is leery of your female friends too. Here's the quote:

"There is no question, of course my husband. Maybe weekly calls are too much....what sucks is that he really is a great friend. I have attempted to introduce them once when we were in town where he lives. He didnt (my husband)want any part of it. You know, now that I think about it he seems to have issues with anyone I knew before him, even female. Whats that all about?"

If this isn't controlling, I don't know what is. Do you want to live the rest of your life like this? I'm serious - something drastic has to be done and if he is not willing to change a little, you need to decide what you're going to do - cow tow to him or live your life and have friends. Trust me, the longer this goes on the more resentment you are going to feel until one day you just snap.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:32 PM

I think a woman who is married should have male and female friends and I do not doubt her claim that there is no cheating involved. HOWEVER, there should be some level of trust in which both the husband and wife know and trust that neither will cheat.

Her husband should be her confidant, not her male friend. If her friend wanted to send her an e-mail here and there about events going on in his life then he should but that is about it. He can meet with her, but every now and then.

You females say you would be ok for your husband to have a knockout female friend who exchanged e-mails and phone calls frequently............................please. I doubt that all of you would be ok with that.

Perhaps her husband does have problems since he does not approve of her having female friends. Maybe her husband is controlling but they need to work it out and if they cannot, then......

Old 11-13-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Haha, I forgot you were the original poster!

Old 11-13-2008, 04:37 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,431,184 times
Quote:
Here's the deal.....I have a male friend that I have been very good friends with since I was in middle school. We have been through a great deal together, college, marriage, kids, job issues etc. We have lived in seperate states for many years now but have kept in weekly contact with calls and emails. He is married with kids as am I. The problem? my husband does not approve of the friendship. I am much younger than he (my husband) which I think has something to do with it but he's the type that doesnt believe that a married woman should have a friendship with a man. I would agree to this to some extent so I can understand how he feels in a way. He wants me to cut off all contact which I havent done because I think its ridiculous. Advice?
OMG, I'm not a counselor but you through the question out here for anyone to make a comment to....I would say if I were in this situation, obviously one would have to go out the "one way" door..or something ugly may happen that someone may make a movie out of...not to be funny... Maybe for this , both go and see a counselor together, meaning you and your husband...get some professional advice "before" you make a hasty decision..

How strong of a friend is this person, and how much do you love your husband? What is more important to you...? Enough said...Good Luck...

Old 11-13-2008, 05:05 PM

6,587 posts, read 17,584,003 times
I'm surprised that this issue wasn't settled before you got married. If your husband was okay with this friendship then, why isn't he okay with it now? That's a valid question to ask him. These kinds of issues should always be talked about before you get married, not afterward.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:09 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,039,139 times
Maybe the OP isn't spending "quality time" or going on dates with the hubby. Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm surprised that this issue wasn't settled before you got married. If your husband was okay with this friendship then, why isn't he okay with it now? That's a valid question to ask him. These kinds of issues should always be talked about before you get married, not afterward.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I think a woman who is married should have male and female friends and I do not doubt her claim that there is no cheating involved. HOWEVER, there should be some level of trust in which both the husband and wife know and trust that neither will cheat.

Her husband should be her confidant, not her male friend. If her friend wanted to send her an e-mail here and there about events going on in his life then he should but that is about it. He can meet with her, but every now and then.

You females say you would be ok for your husband to have a knockout female friend who exchanged e-mails and phone calls frequently............................please. I doubt that all of you would be ok with that.

Perhaps her husband does have problems since he does not approve of her having female friends. Maybe her husband is controlling but they need to work it out and if they cannot, then......
Personally, I am a very secure person and my husband does in fact have friendships with many beautiful, intelligent, affluent women - he's an attorney, so of course he is going to interact with these ladies on a daily basis. I am not the least bit concerned about it, as I too have my own life and my own sets of friends - both male and female. I would never even think to tell him he wasn't "allowed" to have these people as friends. And if he ever said that to me, he knows where the door is and I would hope it wouldn't hit him on the way out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships