Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 06:13 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

One of my girlfriends and I, well, first let me rewind a little
I had to have a professional come to the home for some minor repairs..

He was very nice, professional and all that, but the one thing that always makes my skin crawl, is when your talking to a man, he his eyes, go directly to your chest, and he never focuses his eyes on you, but is constantly going to your chest with his eyes....ewwwwwww

ONe man I knew who did this, told me he was fired b/c the women complained about it, and I told him, you do, and it's very uncomforable for a woman...and I don't believe you even know you do it....

it is a disgusting habit...on the part of some men, and as I said, I don't even believe they realize they are doing it????

What's your take?

Creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 06:22 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
After so many years of it, I guess I'm just used to it. Heck, the last job I had before this one, the Comptroller could be COUNTED on to look you up and down coming down the hall. I liked the guy, and called him on it many times, but honestly, it never kept us from working together just fine. I know many others it probably would have, and I would bet that he's got a harassment suit or two in his file.

Men will always be men. I don't let it bother me.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:39 AM

532 posts, read 1,568,189 times
I guess some people just don't have any self control, I always stare a woman painfully directly in the eye. Sometimes thats a little tough and it feels like your looking into eachothers souls, so you start glancing around the room and the table.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:45 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
I worked with a guy like that. We were friends and he did it mostly to aggravate me, but he was horrible anytime a female came into the office. He made an excuse to leave his office and check her out and then of course make comments on her looks. Anyway, when he started the chest looking, I started staring at his crotch area when we were talking. It made him very uncomfortable and he eventually stopped looking at my chest.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
After so many years of it, I guess I'm just used to it. Heck, the last job I had before this one, the Comptroller could be COUNTED on to look you up and down coming down the hall. I liked the guy, and called him on it many times, but honestly, it never kept us from working together just fine. I know many others it probably would have, and I would bet that he's got a harassment suit or two in his file.

Men will always be men. I don't let it bother me.
Yes, but not all men do this, most don't. Its a very disturbing habit, that I don't believe they are aware of, and while I'm very impressed with your maturity and tolerance, it really bothers some of us, it's uncomfortable, it's rude, and very intimidating, I mean, I'm sorry to say this, but I find myself...LOL...wanting to smack the guy and tell him to keep his eyes on mine, (while pinting to my eyes). LOL

Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I worked with a guy like that. We were friends and he did it mostly to aggravate me, but he was horrible anytime a female came into the office. He made an excuse to leave his office and check her out and then of course make comments on her looks. Anyway, when he started the chest looking, I started staring at his crotch area when we were talking. It made him very uncomfortable and he eventually stopped looking at my chest.
LOL, that's great, and exactly what my girlfriend suggested, she said, I wonder how they would feel if we'd start staring at their crotch?

Good for you!!!!!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:06 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,695,020 times
IMO, this is a sub-conscious thing men do. they may not even realize they're doing it!
I don't think they mean any harm, but it is annoying. I don't think guys listen to what we say no matter what, though!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
One of my girlfriends and I, well, first let me rewind a little
I had to have a professional come to the home for some minor repairs..

He was very nice, professional and all that, but the one thing that always makes my skin crawl, is when your talking to a man, he his eyes, go directly to your chest, and he never focuses his eyes on you, but is constantly going to your chest with his eyes....ewwwwwww

ONe man I knew who did this, told me he was fired b/c the women complained about it, and I told him, you do, and it's very uncomforable for a woman...and I don't believe you even know you do it....

it is a disgusting habit...on the part of some men, and as I said, I don't even believe they realize they are doing it????

What's your take?

Creme

Old 01-14-2009, 07:06 AM

968 posts, read 2,589,809 times
Always look people in the eye when talking to them. its a sign of confidence and respect. But when she's not looking they tend to roam.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:11 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Crusted filth lmao. Love the name!! LOL

That is disgusting. They need to keep their eyes in their heads....I find it so disrespectful...I think they are perverts who keep doing that!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
IMO, this is a sub-conscious thing men do. they may not even realize they're doing it!
I don't think they mean any harm, but it is annoying. I don't think guys listen to what we say no matter what, though!!!!
I agree, and it's not just glancing, or roaming eyes, it's almost like when they do it, you can read their minds, and I'm not going to elaborate any further...LOL

but it is annoying to me. And yes, I do know they are not even aware of the fact that they do it...

10/4 on the part where you said, they don't listen to what we have to say...I've heard it said that men think about sex every 20 seconds?

Wish they'd keep their eye thoughts off my freakin chest!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships