Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:42 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Even though I'm 20 years under your dating criteria, it makes me very happy to think a great looking gal like yourself is into older guys. That gives me hope for the future. Maybe when I'm 55 or so I can still hope to get a gorgeous girl like you after all! Now let's hope there are a lot more girls with your perspective, lol. Hey I mean girls still like Sean Connery, or at least did 5 years ago, so that counts for something.
You have more than plenty of hope, Jon guy. Quite a few of my friends prefer much older men as well and only will date as such. A good friend of mine 6 months back, who is 36, fell in love and just married a man who is 67. It's not at all uncommon. At least not in my world that I live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 11:44 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
If I ever got married, I wouldn't get married young. So by the time I would get married I seriously probably would be in my 50s and would want a girl who is still attractive, but not so young I had nothing in common with her or couldn't relate, so someone like 35 to 40 would be perfect from that perspective. I'm glad that there are girls out there who could appreciate a guy who is older, because I certainly am in no rush to get married and if I ever did at all I know it would be long from now.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:29 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,352 times
My sister who is only 29 years old told me she thinks the most handsome man in Hollywood is 53 years old Bruce Willis and that she would still find him attractive if he was not rich and famous. So there are some young women out there who are into men over 50 who are not gold diggers and truely are physically attracted to men of that age demographic.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:23 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
My sister who is only 29 years old told me she thinks the most handsome man in Hollywood is 53 years old Bruce Willis and that she would still find him attractive if he was not rich and famous. So there are some young women out there who are into men over 50 who are not gold diggers and truely are physically attracted to men of that age demographic.
the problem is how do these 50+ year old men know when it is right to approach a 20 something year old woman for a date?

Old 11-17-2008, 01:30 PM

457 posts, read 1,377,637 times
That's great to hear Jeepgirl, I'm 56 and single, so maybe there's hope??? Married for 20 years, divorced, and now living in Charlotte, NC after leaving NJ. Approaching a much younger woman is difficult not that I'm attracted to only younger woman, my window is wide open at this point in my life...

Old 11-17-2008, 02:42 PM

819 posts, read 1,592,614 times
Swear to God, two summers ago I went to Myrtle Beach, SC with my 4 sisters. I was 60! Not a hottie for sure. But, we could not knock the guys off with sticks. They were pretty much our age. I finally asked one of the guys why in the world they would sit around and flirt with 60 year olds who were married (2 of us were) and not go after the young 30 year olds who were out trolling. (No offense to 30 year olds.) But the answer was that they had nothing in common with 30 year olds. I always wear my wedding rings, never misrepresent that I'm not married - do not indicate that there will be nothing more than an occasional dance (shagging) and conversation. My husband trusts me and I generally go home and tell him about all the people we met.

One funny thing did happen. A guy asks me to dance. We dance, go back to the table, he sits down and then jumps up and says "I'm married." I look at him and say so I am. Later he asks me to dance again and then goes away. Next night or two I run into him again. He speaks and I say to him, btw, I called my husband this morning and ask him for a divorce. Poor guy nearly had a heart attack. That was the end of that.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
the problem is how do these 50+ year old men know when it is right to approach a 20 something year old woman for a date?
We can approach them! Not that I'm 20 - just explaining the procedure.

I was on Jeep's team and still leaning that way for the most part, but it might be time for some variety and switching teams...

Old 11-17-2008, 09:09 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,474,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeboy25 View Post
I mean how are you suppose to kiss someone that you don't think is attractive.
I agree,things can wear off after awhile also.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:30 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,746,104 times
Quote:
I want to know from the people on this forum about something that I seem to notice with others. I know a lot of people of the opposite sex sometimes to be very compadible with one another yet there seems to be hesitation on of the people, usually the one who is considered "better looking."

Just out of curiousity: How important should looks be when u want to be with somebody? I know everyone says that were are supposed to love other people regardless of appearance, but don't looks dictate a big part of what makes other people attractive. I mean how are you suppose to kiss someone that you don't think is attractive.

For me, its personality, looks, and has to know how to dress & dance well.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:51 PM

6 posts, read 8,520 times
Quote:
I want to know from the people on this forum about something that I seem to notice with others. I know a lot of people of the opposite sex sometimes to be very compadible with one another yet there seems to be hesitation on of the people, usually the one who is considered "better looking."

Just out of curiousity: How important should looks be when u want to be with somebody? I know everyone says that were are supposed to love other people regardless of appearance, but don't looks dictate a big part of what makes other people attractive. I mean how are you suppose to kiss someone that you don't think is attractive.
How a person acts should be more important than appearance. I told my students that I was glad I was not rich, famous nor goodlooking and felt sorry for those who were because they had no way of knowing who really liked them. What would happen if they lost their looks, money or fame? I know my wife married me for what I am and it's been 40 years together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships