Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
No, there was no flirtation at all. She's 52 and is truly another great mentor to add to my book of 'influential people in my life'.
What? 52-year-old women don't flirt? Hah! You've got blinders on, my friend. A 52-year-old woman, particularly one with power and success at her back, doesn't spend four hours with anybody unless there's some attraction there.

"Dear Penthouse. I never thought I'd be writing a letter like this. After all, I'm 29 years old, and had pretty good luck with the ladies....But they were all my age. And then...."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 10:51 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
CPG, you're on top of it.........

Little does Ronald know............

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
What? 52-year-old women don't flirt? Hah! You've got blinders on, my friend. A 52-year-old woman, particularly one with power and success at her back, doesn't spend four hours with anybody unless there's some attraction there.

"Dear Penthouse. I never thought I'd be writing a letter like this. After all, I'm 29 years old, and had pretty good luck with the ladies....But they were all my age. And then...."

Old 11-17-2008, 10:53 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
I still don't understand women. An ex girlfriend once asked me right after we had dinner if I was still hungry. I asked her if she was nuts, we just finished eating then she said she had "different kind of dish to give me" in mind. I was like aaaaaaaaaalrighty then.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:02 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I still don't understand women.
You just stick to what you do know! Oh, ooops... I think you mentioned the V word. I don't know what to suggest then... Don't get the V!

Old 11-17-2008, 11:05 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
...if they don't intend on having sex.

As part of the Denver Film Festival this week, I stopped by the Denver Post yesterday at 3PM to watch a documentary and panel about why newspapers are failing in today's world. After the movie, I engaged the audience a bit to show exactly why the industry's failing to drive the point home.

I'm glad I did it. I was pulled aside by the most important person in the audience to 'chat' about my demonstration to the panel. She's an extraordinary and dynamic woman who's probably one of the most well connected people I now know in this town. This woman took me under her wing and invested four hours of her valuable time 'coaching' me on some key things I'm attempting to accomplish in my life. What an experience.

Anyway, we ended up on the discussion of modern day dating. Here's what she told me:

"Society is teaching women to flirt without following through"

"Women should only flirt with a man if they intend on having sex with them"

I also asked her how she'd recommend my going about meeting women considering my approach. Her advice:

"Consult with your Mom or a close female friend if you believe they understand women better than you and have a good understanding of your likes/dislikes to help you meet someone"

If only you guys could have been a fly on the wall last night. I'm looking forward to our next session together. She's amazing.
Hey...I'm all about sex and having it but common'.....a RULE that women should only flirt if they intend on having sex??? Forgett that!!!! If I want to flirt i'll flirt and if I don't want it to lead to sex it wont.....deal with it.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:10 AM

272 posts, read 621,030 times
What is this attitude from so many women telling men to 'deal with it'? This is the most absurd expression of attitude ever. If a female flirts with me for the 'fun of it all,' she's going to be left flirting by herself. Don't flirt with me if you're not attracted or have no interest in pursuing anything beyond friendship. That's pretty simple.

And, no, I don't 'deal' with nonsense -- I find solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Hey...I'm all about sex and having it but common'.....a RULE that women should only flirt if they intend on having sex??? Forgett that!!!! If I want to flirt i'll flirt and if I don't want it to lead to sex it wont.....deal with it.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:13 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You just stick to what you do know! Oh, ooops... I think you mentioned the V word. I don't know what to suggest then... Don't get the V!

"V" for victory, right?

Old 11-17-2008, 11:25 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
"V" for victory, right?
You know damn well what the V stands for in your case!

Old 11-17-2008, 11:45 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
What is this attitude from so many women telling men to 'deal with it'? This is the most absurd expression of attitude ever. If a female flirts with me for the 'fun of it all,' she's going to be left flirting by herself. Don't flirt with me if you're not attracted or have no interest in pursuing anything beyond friendship. That's pretty simple.

And, no, I don't 'deal' with nonsense -- I find solutions.
Awesome do that.......because what's absurd is putting rules on how somone chooses to act......this is still America right? Last time I checked it was........so yea....if you don't like it then do walk away.......don't try to put some bogus rule on us that says we are banned from flirting unless we're going to be a sure thing...... so immature.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:03 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,685,534 times
Quote:
I found from my own personal experience that some men (not all, but enough of them) perceive ordinary friendliness and civility as flirting. I've never seen any point to flirting with someone I am not attracted to, but I'd like to be polite to everyone; and even if I am attracted to someone, that should not obligate me to sleep with that person immediately (or at all). As far as I am concerned, if someone misinterprets the clues and reads into my behavior -- that's their problem and it is they who should de... oops, I mean find solutions to that, rather than I. This is one of those "rules" that put women in a lose-lose situation: damned for not spreading your legs for everyone you are nice to, damned for being a cold, shrill byatch. Talk about absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships