Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:08 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,412 times

Advertisements

Hmm...I've never met anyone I knew was a swinger. Interesting lifestyle...definitely WOULDN'T work for me...

Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Some of our friends are swingers (including a Baptist minister!) and we've gone to some of their socials. Mostly, the couples are like everyone else, and like the general population, some are wonderful people, some are creepy or weird, some are very attractive, some are ugly, etc. They just seem more open to recreational sex, and in part I think that's because many (probably the majority) of the women are bi-sexual and this provides a way for them to explore that with their husbands and other couples where the woman is bi. With a few minor exceptions, all the people we've met have been respectful, friendly, and not pushy. I've seen less drama, jealousy, and cheating with the people in this group than from "vanilla" friends.
Well said. I know somebody brought up the experience of how a woman ran off with another persons husband, but, that happens all the time in the no swinger life!!!!

Old 09-04-2010, 04:35 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
...In any case, he said that swingers in our small community have white rocks in their front yard. It's a sign for them somehow or another.

Still... to this day, when my wife and I are driving around and we see white socks, we have to giggle. Some really old and really weird people have white rocks for their landscaping. I'm suring I'm missing something, but it's still fun to drive by and giggle.
Did you know that they also remove the rocks from the yard when their partner/s show up at the house?

Hence the origin of the phrase "getting your rocks off".

Old 09-04-2010, 04:37 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
...I've seen less drama, jealousy, and cheating with the people in this group than from "vanilla" friends.
Amen, bro - same with the BDSM community.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:14 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Amen, bro - same with the BDSM community.
From the people I know, It appears the divorce rate for people in most Alternative Lifestyles seems to be much lower then non-Lifestyle couples.

Quote:
Hence the origin of the phrase "getting your rocks off".
Great Post Phil, I've always wondered where that term originated. I thought it had something to do with Prison chain gangs working at the quarry.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:59 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,079,383 times
Recently was at a gathering in my smalltown and someone brought up the fact that our town is known for having a large swingers group!!! Who knew!!!!

Then I remembered hanging out a neighborhood couple when the conversation took a weird turn as far as topic-wise. The woman began talking about hanging at bars amd friends having breast implants and how these women were coming on to her husband, who at that point, had a more that creepy smile on his face....suddenly, they both were staring at us kinda odd like so we fumbled a reason to head home.....

Later, hubbie and I agreed it was leading somewhere that was more than a little interesting.....

Hey, to each his own....I'm just a status quo kinda girl Got a new hobby, tho, i'm going to be on the outlook for white rocks in front yards...LOL

Old 09-04-2010, 07:28 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,518,342 times
When I was 10 years old I told my teacher that my Uncle traded wives. The teacher looked at me funny because as a kid I thought that was normal. What happened was, a group of their friends got together, put their keys in a cup and then drew them out. Whomever keys you got, you went home with. The interesting part was, after a few years, everyone within the group got married and remarried within the group. In my Uncle's case, a guy named Richard, he was wed to Carol. Carola and Richard got divorced, as did Dot and Skip. Carol married skip, and Dot Married Richard...a literal wife swap!!

Myself, some friends asked me to join in their 3some. Her fantasy was to be having sex with her husband as I hid in the closet. Then I would come out and pork her in the bum while she rode her hubby. Interesting fantasy, and my wife at the time said I could do it, but I ultimately opted out as the whole idea was to surprise her husband. Having a friend suddenly come out of the closet and pork your wife might incite some people to do great bodily harm to the one stepping out of the closet. Oh and they were both BBP's...big beautiful people at 400 pounds. Anyway I opted out.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:14 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTap View Post

Myself, some friends asked me to join in their 3some. Her fantasy was to be having sex with her husband as I hid in the closet. Then I would come out and pork her in the bum while she rode her hubby. Interesting fantasy, and my wife at the time said I could do it, but I ultimately opted out as the whole idea was to surprise her husband. Having a friend suddenly come out of the closet and pork your wife might incite some people to do great bodily harm to the one stepping out of the closet. Oh and they were both BBP's...big beautiful people at 400 pounds. Anyway I opted out.
Sounds like a classy lady.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:16 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
In any case, he said that swingers in our small community have white rocks in their front yard. It's a sign for them somehow or another.

Still... to this day, when my wife and I are driving around and we see white socks, we have to giggle. Some really old and really weird people have white rocks for their landscaping. I'm suring I'm missing something, but it's still fun to drive by and giggle.
This is an urban legend, and not true. Since this rumor became well-known, however, a very few swingers (and non-swingers, too!) did put big white rocks in their yard just for fun.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
I've seen less drama, jealousy, and cheating with the people in this group than from "vanilla" friends.
In swinger couples, how could "cheating" really matter? Having sex behind the spouses back with someone else but forgetting to tell them? Since swingers want and accept cheating, it's not cheating.

I would imagine there's no jealousy, not much passion between spouses that enjoy watching them go off with others while they go off with others. To swingers having some other guy doing his wife is a turn on, not something that provokes jealousy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships