Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:19 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,400,427 times

Advertisements

I'm talking about before either of you open your mouth. Do you know how to read body language and eyes so you know when a woman is asking you to approach her?

I've seen a ton of comments recently that suggest a lot of guys on this forum have no idea when a woman is throwing off her "I want you to come over here" signals, so they just randomly hit on women and hope for the best.

If you believe that approaching women is a totally random numbers game please share your experiences. Perhaps the rest of us can help you out and make life a little better for everyone (you won't have to fear rejection so much, and the ladies won't have to worry about getting so many unwanted advances).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 12:24 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,191,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I'm talking about before either of you open your mouth. Do you know how to read body language and eyes so you know when a woman is asking you to approach her?

I've seen a ton of comments recently that suggest a lot of guys on this forum have no idea when a woman is throwing off her "I want you to come over here" signals, so they just randomly hit on women and hope for the best.

If you believe that approaching women is a totally random numbers game please share your experiences. Perhaps the rest of us can help you out and make life a little better for everyone (you won't have to fear rejection so much, and the ladies won't have to worry about getting so many unwanted advances).
Yes and no, if there is eye contact with a smile for more than a glance when your away from each other. Fairly good indicator, her making excuses to touch your hand, arm or the like in conversation, but that's obviously not in the pre-approach phase.

You also have to figure if it's a gathering, bar, whatever, that they might have the usual mindset for both sexes, that while they'd like someone they might just be there to "see what comes up" and aren't actively looking around and such, or their social skills might be lacking in body signals and the like. Seen that as well. So in many cases, not trying to find out isn't the best move either.

So, sorry, I see no clear-cut, "this or that equates to this" answer. It's subjective, and dependent on the situation, and individuality of the woman involved.

Last edited by Waynec613; 05-26-2009 at 12:35 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,497,027 times
she keeps smiling and saying yes to absolutely everything.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:33 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,107,929 times
Im clueless i jsut figure if i approach a women i dont know and say something even small talk or ask her a simple harmless question if theres a smile and decent response theres at least a shot if there an apathetic look and no smile or anything i figure theres no physical attraction to you on her part..

Old 05-26-2009, 01:06 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,763,698 times
It is very easy to read body language once a conversation has started. Reading body language prior to approaching is a great deal more difficult.

Generally, if she is facing you, making eye contact with you, smiling at you, coming to sit within close proximity to you, or generally making it easier for you to talk to her, then these are all positive signs. In general, you should be able to tell by your peripheral vision whether or not someone keeps checking you out.

The most common I come across is for a woman to come sit near you - say in a bar, for example - and start a loud (often inane) conversation with the bartender, with the intent that you'll interject. Obviously every situation is different and subjective, but at least in my world, this is the closest thing to a "move" that a nondesperate woman will make.

--------------------------------------

Excerpt from Rubber Factory's Guide to Spicy Living, Chapter 3

Last edited by le roi; 05-26-2009 at 01:25 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
lacking in body signals and the like. Seen that as well.
Yup seen that too, although you can still usually tell by the eyes. Both the amount she looks at you and the way she looks at you. Even a very shy woman will normally look at you a lot if she likes you. If she's not looking at you at all then she's either not interested, feigning disinterest (playing a game), or she's extremely self-conscious about how it would look to others.

Quote:
if she is facing you, making eye contact with you, smiling at you
This is a great indicator of an outgoing woman, especially the first part about facing you, this typically shows she's confident and open to being approached. The part you need to be careful of is misinterpreting a friendly extrovert who's open to friendship (but only friendship) as someone who's attracted to you.

If on the other hand a woman is much more discreet in her glances, if she's looking over her shoulder rather than facing toward you, if she looks at you a lot but doesn't smile until you smile or sometimes even when you smile. These indicate she's more subtle and perhaps shy too. You need to be careful not to dismiss this as disinterest.

Another type of shy girl is one who is also socially awkward. One example is if you sense that she tenses up when you smile but she keeps looking at you, she's probably feeling awkward like: "He just looked at me! Oh no! What do I do?!?"

LOL although if she tenses up and looks away when you smile. She probably finds you creepy.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:31 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,155,580 times
Typically if they have their hand in your pants, they're fairly interested.

Otherwise, I got nothing

Old 05-26-2009, 02:40 PM

1,006 posts, read 736,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post

Otherwise, I got nothing
LOL!, I'm usually totally oblivious so I don't know for sure.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Fairly? What qualifies as very? I wonder

Old 05-26-2009, 04:20 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,155,580 times
I am glad to see a sense of humor is being retained, here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships