Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:17 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

How often has the girl made the first move to initiate something? Not just at a club or something but anywhere?

Occasionally women do talk to me, but more in a friendly way. Never been asked out on a proper date...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 11:32 PM

199 posts, read 490,985 times
On one instance a girl kind of made a move on me first this was like a year ago. I had a science class and the first day of class the professor put us in a group of 4 to finish a lab I got paired with the people next to me who were 2 guys and 1 chick. During the whole semester I barely talked to her but she was clearly a very nice person I would always say hi to her and stuff. We only had a few conversations here and there and the last day of that class we had a final. Everyone arrived early as hell and the prof made us sit in order of how we came in and ironically she came in right after me. So we had a good 10 minutes before the test to look over our notes etc before the prof gave us our test. I was reviewing with her asking her questions she asked me back etc then out of nowhere she kind of shyly asks me if i have a facebook so I wrote down my name for her 2 look me up.

That was when it finally hit me that she had a crush on me, she was outspoken and all but I think when it comes to crushes and stuff she gets shy so she was very subtle about it. I had forgotten that I had my facebook settings like on maximum private so if she did look me up she couldn't find me but I realized that like a month later =X

Old 01-17-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
On one instance a girl kind of made a move on me first this was like a year ago. I had a science class and the first day of class the professor put us in a group of 4 to finish a lab I got paired with the people next to me who were 2 guys and 1 chick. During the whole semester I barely talked to her but she was clearly a very nice person I would always say hi to her and stuff. We only had a few conversations here and there and the last day of that class we had a final. Everyone arrived early as hell and the prof made us sit in order of how we came in and ironically she came in right after me. So we had a good 10 minutes before the test to look over our notes etc before the prof gave us our test. I was reviewing with her asking her questions she asked me back etc then out of nowhere she kind of shyly asks me if i have a facebook so I wrote down my name for her 2 look me up.

That was when it finally hit me that she had a crush on me, she was outspoken and all but I think when it comes to crushes and stuff she gets shy so she was very subtle about it. I had forgotten that I had my facebook settings like on maximum private so if she did look me up she couldn't find me but I realized that like a month later =X
I've asked tons of girls for their facebook and vice versa and it's never been construed as 'asking out', but since I don't know the circumstances I can't say.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:42 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,307,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
How often has the girl made the first move to initiate something? Not just at a club or something but anywhere?

Occasionally women do talk to me, but more in a friendly way. Never been asked out on a proper date...
Hahaha... more than I'm admitting on a public forum! I usually steer around it because I am a shy gentlemen!

Old 01-17-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've asked tons of girls for their facebook and vice versa and it's never been construed as 'asking out', but since I don't know the circumstances I can't say.
Yea she didn't ask me out but she kind of made the first move. Guys usually have to do everything first and imo its kind of brave of a woman to put their feelings out like that. A lot of woman just accept its a guys job to do everything so they just wait and wait and potentially lose their possibility of sparking things up.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:48 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
ive never been asked out directly by a girl. But ive heard 2nd hand from someone that someone liked me. Or its been implied to me by someone who likes me. I think girls are more implicit in their behavior when liking someone. They rarely ask someone out directly.

So its a fine line between just being friendly, and flirting with you. And it takes a substantial level of social perception skills (reading cues, body language, tone in voice) to get the hint. However many men struggle with this LOL

Old 01-17-2011, 11:53 PM

I used to be HORRIBLE at reading signs and stuff so I missed on a lot of chances. Now that I actually know how to read if a girl is interested they stop being interested =X.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
Yea she didn't ask me out but she kind of made the first move. Guys usually have to do everything first and imo its kind of brave of a woman to put their feelings out like that. A lot of woman just accept its a guys job to do everything so they just wait and wait and potentially lose their possibility of sparking things up.
Yeah I know, those stupid romantic comedies or tv shows seem to be about a bunch of gal pals bitching about how that gorgeous hunk doesn't notice her, blah blah.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:02 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,197,532 times
AS in " You're cute, what is your phone number'' type of approach? Aaaaahh... In real life, I haven't been approached in that type of way by a girl since 2008(high school senior). If online counts, I been approached on a forum in 2009. Instead of asking me for my number, she asked for my email. And I had several flirting moments on myspace and facebook. The most recent was 2 months ago. Too bad none of them didn't go past sexual messages back and forth.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:04 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
They talk to me now and then, but nothing more than pleasantries or a question about class.

I wonder what the point is some times...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships