Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:24 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,958,655 times

Advertisements

not to fan the flames here....ok...to fan the flames ....

JLB, since you have been so wonderfully open about this exclusive, rich, high class world you live in where everyone who is worth your time must dress, look, act & drive a certain way; how much do you think this will limit your film career?

I don't ask that in sarcasm; and I fully expect for you to either outright ignore this post, or have an amazingly smart answer....you definitely won't have anything mediocre to say.

Are you only interested in making certain types of films that only depict the type of life you aspire to? Cuz, umm, "90210" has been done to death. And I just don't see how you will have any substance to make anything else - you're closing yourself off from a huge population segment. Yeah, when we're done pickin' our teeth with straw, we spend a few bucks to see a moving picture show!

On the flip side, enough of us here checked out your myspace or facebook page & we'll be waiting to see how you are faring in 10 or 20 years. Hope you have a back-up plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 10:30 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,724,574 times
I am definitely a car guy.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:36 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,414,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
not to fan the flames here....ok...to fan the flames ....

JLB, since you have been so wonderfully open about this exclusive, rich, high class world you live in where everyone who is worth your time must dress, look, act & drive a certain way; how much do you think this will limit your film career?

I don't ask that in sarcasm; and I fully expect for you to either outright ignore this post, or have an amazingly smart answer....you definitely won't have anything mediocre to say.

Are you only interested in making certain types of films that only depict the type of life you aspire to? Cuz, umm, "90210" has been done to death. And I just don't see how you will have any substance to make anything else - you're closing yourself off from a huge population segment. Yeah, when we're done pickin' our teeth with straw, we spend a few bucks to see a moving picture show!

On the flip side, enough of us here checked out your myspace or facebook page & we'll be waiting to see how you are faring in 10 or 20 years. Hope you have a back-up plan.

I'm even more curious to know what he's driving. Just because his daddy has a Ferrari, doesn't mean JLB has been given the keys to one.

What amuses me even more is that based on JLB's post, the entire population is expected to be driving around in these exotic cars when maybe only 1% of the population can afford them.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 PM

591 posts, read 1,416,703 times
Thank god gas prices finally went down or I was gonna have to be a horse and buggy gal..lol

Old 12-10-2008, 11:52 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,432,377 times
I am mostly a car guy, myself, save for when I am driving an SUV, which I honestly would not call a real truck, though it's a capable off-road machine. The only station wagons I would consider would be the Audi Avant, the Mercedes E Series, the BMW 5 series, or the Volvo R Series if I absolutely needed to have a wagon and couldn't use the Rover to meet those needs, say if I needed a third seat.

I am all for driving what one likes, and if that's a Mini Cooper, a Ford Truck or a Maybach, whatever one likes and what meets their needs. I tend to notice cars for the way they are kept as opposed to the pseudo impressive factor, since many people with serious money tend to drive fairly plain vehicles that don't scream "NOTICE ME!"

Old 12-11-2008, 02:10 AM

543 posts, read 2,312,922 times
Let's see, when I met DH 34 yrs ago, he drove "hot rods" had a 66 Chevelle SS. Now all these years later he drives a truck. He can fix anything. The only thing we ever hired someone to do was add a deck to the house. (2nd story and he wanted to be sure it wouldn't collapse) A few years back we had a 4x4 SUV, but I drove it, had to get the kids to school in the snow. Then we also needed it to get our boat in the water, rough terrain to get to the boat ramp. He bought me a full size conversion van when we got rid of the SUV. Had to have it to haul our sons and all their sports equipment around. And something roomy for vacations with 4 kids. He finally broke down and bought him a truck when his company no longer provided him with a company car. Even his company vehicles were SUV's or vans. My dad (a farmboy) always drove a pick up, even before it was "cool". I prefer the pickup when going to the grocery store. So easy to just put those groceries in the bed of the truck. All my son's drive trucks. Guess you can say "Just something women like about a pickup man!" (An old Joe Diffie song).

Old 12-11-2008, 07:12 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,724,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLuvinWoman1 View Post
Thank god gas prices finally went down or I was gonna have to be a horse and buggy gal..lol
Gettyup!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:33 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,173,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMo View Post
Let's see, when I met DH 34 yrs ago, he drove "hot rods" had a 66 Chevelle SS. Now all these years later he drives a truck. He can fix anything. The only thing we ever hired someone to do was add a deck to the house. (2nd story and he wanted to be sure it wouldn't collapse) A few years back we had a 4x4 SUV, but I drove it, had to get the kids to school in the snow. Then we also needed it to get our boat in the water, rough terrain to get to the boat ramp. He bought me a full size conversion van when we got rid of the SUV. Had to have it to haul our sons and all their sports equipment around. And something roomy for vacations with 4 kids. He finally broke down and bought him a truck when his company no longer provided him with a company car. Even his company vehicles were SUV's or vans. My dad (a farmboy) always drove a pick up, even before it was "cool". I prefer the pickup when going to the grocery store. So easy to just put those groceries in the bed of the truck. All my son's drive trucks. Guess you can say "Just something women like about a pickup man!" (An old Joe Diffie song).

Chevelle's are awesome cars! I love hot rods .

Old 12-11-2008, 08:14 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,414,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
I am mostly a car guy, myself, save for when I am driving an SUV, which I honestly would not call a real truck, though it's a capable off-road machine.
I have to agree with you. I don't consider *most* SUVs a truck. Even though my DH and I drive "SUVs", they're Excursions which are on the super duty platform and listed as a heavy duty vehicle, so we consider them trucks, as do most people I encounter.

Any other girls get excited when they see a dually or when they hear the sound of a diesel engine!?! I know I definitely give men props for driving a diesel and/or dually!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:23 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,026,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
IAny other girls get excited when they see a dually or when they hear the sound of a diesel engine!?! I know I definitely give men props for driving a diesel and/or dually!!!
I'm a truck kinda gal myself!!! The more she purrs, the more I find myself lookin' .....

My hubby was a car guy. And now he drives my truck. And he's pretty handy with his tools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships