Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:53 AM

943 posts, read 3,335,713 times

Advertisements

when it comes to love, dating and relationships? Wether it was from your father, brother(s), cousin(s), or male friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 09:58 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Are you serious?

There is like "5" views and no comments.

Does that mean you have learned nothing from men??

Old 12-15-2008, 10:12 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,696,239 times
I've learned that life's too short to worry about guys. Especially when it somes to guys not calling, breaking dates, cheating, etc.
I don't put up with that behavior. When I was younger, I held on to this guy I thought was my bf, he didn't treat me well at all, making no effort at all in the "relationship", so finally I "ended" it, even though it didn't feel like anything anyway! and after that and a few losers I let get close to me, I just decided, you know what? I am no longer going to accept this behavior. I am going to empower myself by not caring about these losers, not calling them, etc. Now I have adaopted a "don't give a s**t" attitude, meaning if the guy doesn't call me, just want to have sex, etc, I stop contact immediately (don't give a s**t). I forget his name and number, and move on.
then when they call 2 -3 months later (which most of them do) I have already forgotten who they were!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:42 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,344,116 times
I hope they learn a lot from us.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:50 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I've learned that life's too short to worry about guys. Especially when it somes to guys not calling, breaking dates, cheating, etc.
I don't put up with that behavior. When I was younger, I held on to this guy I thought was my bf, he didn't treat me well at all, making no effort at all in the "relationship", so finally I "ended" it, even though it didn't feel like anything anyway! and after that and a few losers I let get close to me, I just decided, you know what? I am no longer going to accept this behavior. I am going to empower myself by not caring about these losers, not calling them, etc. Now I have adaopted a "don't give a s**t" attitude, meaning if the guy doesn't call me, just want to have sex, etc, I stop contact immediately (don't give a s**t). I forget his name and number, and move on.
then when they call 2 -3 months later (which most of them do) I have already forgotten who they were!
WOW!

You need some time alone.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:55 AM

huh? just stating my overall exp with online personal ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
WOW!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:56 AM

395 posts, read 1,287,226 times
I learnt from my dad that I will always be his princess. I learnt from my husband that its difficult to deal with terribe moodswings but it makes it easier if I try and let go of few things. I learnt from my husband the meaning of being loved. I learnt from my brother the feeling of belonging to a family.
I learnt from my co-workers that its not worth even thinking about them. Over all, I learnt that there are good and bad apples in the basket. Its up to me to be careful what I choose.

I learnt that there is always going to be differences between men and women.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:57 AM

woops! responded to the wrong post. I meant that I have a new feeling about the guys who are jerks and try to get away with stuff.
nothing to do with time alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
WOW!

Old 12-15-2008, 11:00 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
When I was in high school, my father gave me the wise words of "Stay away from boys. You don't want to have to deal with that crap now." I'm so glad I never got involved in "relationships" or was sexually active in my teen years.

My husband has taught me A LOT...as a partner and as a friend. From a relationship standpoint, when we were dating, but exclusive, he told me there were no "breaks". Either we communicate and work it out together or we split for good.

Otherwise I learned what not to do by observing others.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:00 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,312,274 times
Can't live with them can't live without them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships