Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:40 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,592,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
This response is pretty deep!! I agree that Ron has a unique way of thinking about relationships, very much like myself which quite honestly I admire. To label him as being narcissist is way off the radar, but whatever floats ones boat. If belittling someone based on their wants and needs of a relationship makes one feel powerful or "all insightful" then so be it. Ron as I mentioned to you in earlier posts I admire the way you think and I sincerely believe that your past experiences and problems in relationships have taught you a great deal about what you want and desire in your future ones. Based on the information provided I as a professional would consider your current thought processes regarding relationships as being very healthy. We are not perfect people, but we can strive to seek out those mates who have the behavioral characteristics that we most admire and cherish in people. Ron has simply identified what he wants and desires in his future relationships with a woman. GO RON!!
Yes, and we've seen where his unique way of looking at relationships has gotten him.

No, I'm not off the radar. There's something wrong if he's all he says he is yet can't seem to manage a relationship. Remember, you're getting only one half of his story. The other half is those exraordinary women who are not dating him. There's a reason and uless he finds that reason, he's never going to find her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 01:46 PM

37,715 posts, read 46,149,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Well, you're just one of many we've seen over the years looking for love on the internet because they can't seem to find it in person and I'd take a wild guess and say that your opinoin of yourself and your situation is just a wee bit biased .

You can call my argument nonsense if you want but I'm not the one who has to post on BB's because I can't manage a love life (In fact, I was still getting, serious, propositions when I was 40 and had been married for 20 years - but I'm successful, bright and principled and those are attractive qualities ).
I completely disagree with this. I know FAR too many intelligent, educated, attractive people that have used the internet for exploring options to meet new people. To imply that someone that does this, is something "less" than you think YOU are, is really incredibly narrow-minded.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:58 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,568,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I completely disagree with this. I know FAR too many intelligent, educated, attractive people that have used the internet for exploring options to meet new people. To imply that someone that does this, is something "less" than you think YOU are, is really incredibly narrow-minded.
Agreed. I have gone online and it is not for the lack of company or options offline. The internet affords me more opportunities and options.

The women he described do exist, and they are NOT "extraordinary" . They are a dime a dozen. He is opening himself up to the ones he WOULD HAVE missed out on had he kept thinking ALL women were like the ones he encountered before.

You go, Papi!

Old 12-28-2008, 02:06 PM

272 posts, read 621,622 times
Thanks for all the responses to this thread. IvoryTickler and others remind me of people in society who are willing to follow others over a cliff, then berate those who refuse not to follow the same fate. Ivory and others are convinced that I came here to ask for help (which I did not). They insist that I'm troubled, a narcissist, etc. They insist that I'm blowing a lot of hot air. They insist that my very basic desires in a woman are too demanding. They insist that I have issues. They insist that I'm desperately seeking love (when I don't date at all). They insist that I'm delusional, etc.

Ivory and others remind me of people who attempt to ridicule me for my unconventional approach to living, love, etc. They will the be ones who will challenge others when you step out of line and tread your own path in life. They will be the ones who will call you an idiot when you argue the validity of something.

As I mentioned earlier, if believing in myself and my ability to meet a woman who believes in the things I do about life and living makes me a narcissist, then I wear the label with great pride. I will not feel guilty about having a mind that knows no limits to what it can achieve or conquer. I will not feel guilty for desiring a woman who wishes to make a great impact on the world. I will not feel guilty for desiring a woman who has a strong relationship with her father, family and friends. I will not feel guilty for desiring a woman who will compliment my life and happiness.

I've always strived for the very best in people, experiences and otherwise. It is the greatness in others who fuel my mission to aim higher in life. There is greatness in everyone if we so choose to embrace it. It doesn't make us conceited or narcissistic. It means believing enough in yourself to carry out a task, goal or dream. It means believing that you're able to filter through the cesspool of a society that's overwhelmed by greed, selfishness and inconsideration to meet the aloof woman whose had the same thoughts, values, ideas, goals, dreams and desires as yourself (this does NOT mean a carbon copy of yourself, but someone who shares, on a basic level, similar desires about life, success, etc.)

Again, thanks for the responses and have a wonderful and inspiring week ahead.

Last edited by ronaldl79; 12-28-2008 at 02:16 PM..

Old 12-28-2008, 02:38 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,317,579 times
[quote=Ivorytickler;6734254]

Quote:
And she's probably posting on an internet board about how she can't find Mr. Right .
No she's probarbly a lurker reading it thinking "hmmm I want me some of that"

Quote:
Sorry, I stand by my posts. If you're, repeatedly, attracting the wrong kind of buyer, you'd better see what needs to be fixed WRT the real estate you're selling.

Why would I feel venom for self assurance in others? Self assurance is actually attractive. What's not is blowing your own horn. That comes off as conceited and that's an ugly trait.
The man mentioned somewhere that he is 29 years old, cut him some slack. Let him blow his own horn. You sound bitter.

Quote:
Honestly, my impression from his posts is that he's too stuck up on himself to find someone else. Which is probably good for her.

Seriously, if you keep attracting the wrong kind of buyer, look at the real estate you're selling. There's one common denominator here and that's him. His description of himself leaves one wondering what is wrong with the package? If he's half of what he says, he'd attract extraoridinary women like a magnet yet he doesn't. Gee, why might that be?
Again he's still young let him find his way. He'll figure it out. You obviously have a wild hair up your tush about this guys attitude and completely missed the point of his original post

Quote:
There is a big difference between self assurance and conceit. Self assurance will attract women. Conceit will send them running or attract the wrong kind of women. Gee, what keeps happening to him????

Sorry, but the writing is on the wall here. Mr. Perfect can't seem to get a decent date so he posts on a BB that is not a dating site about how wonderful he is, as if his Mrs. Right is also having trouble finding a date ( when she's probably already married). Come on. We've seen this drill over and over and a good relationship counselor is in order.
You know something, I think you should stick to giving advice to some of the losers and socially inepts that come on here with their sad tales of woe. Grown men who have no idea how to carry on a conversation on a date.... That's right up your street. You like to give them a pat on their back with your home spun words of widom and being who they are, they lap it all up. Makes you feel needed doesn't it? ....even makes you feel smart I bet

He kinda reminds me of my baby brother who pretty much said enough is enough and took charge of his affairs of the heart and is now doing very well thank you. He didn't need a "relationship counselor", just a good cry on his two big sisters shoulders and our take on how to handle things.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:50 PM

525 posts, read 949,401 times
Ron says: 'Thanks for all the responses to this thread.'

right..

'IvoryTickler and others remind me of people in society who are willing to follow others over a cliff, then berate those who refuse not to follow the same fate.'

you have no idea of just how pioneering some of these 'people in society' who disagree with you really are

'Ivory and others are convinced that I came here to ask for help (which I did not). '

yep..

'They insist that I'm troubled, a narcissist, etc. They insist that I'm blowing a lot of hot air.'

yep..

'They insist that my very basic desires in a woman are too demanding. They insist that I have issues.'

yep..

'They insist that I'm desperately seeking love (when I don't date at all). They insist that I'm delusional, etc.'

o definitely..

'Ivory and others remind me of people who attempt to ridicule me for my unconventional approach to living, love, etc.'

What's unconventional about you? You have no idea how transparent and typical you are. very typical..

'They will the be ones who will challenge others when you step out of line and tread your own path in life. They will be the ones who will call you an idiot when you argue the validity of something.'

No one ever said that your idea to find a decent woman itself was invalid..no one is calling you and idiot for the valid concepts you state..
(see, that's how you avoid what people are actually saying to you)

'As I mentioned earlier, if believing in myself and my ability to meet a woman who believes in the things I do about life and living makes me a narcissist, then I wear the label with great pride.'

no, believing in yourself does not make you a narcissist...

your constant acting like you are above everyone else does... your complete absorbtion who you think you are as opposed to all the rest of society who are just 'simpletons', not on your level etc.. THAT's why you are being called arrogant..

again there's nothing wrong with believing in yourself and seeking a like minded woman

'I will not feel guilty about having a mind that knows no limits to what it can achieve or conquer.'

he he he he I just simply won't comment here he he he

'I will not feel guilty for desiring a woman who wishes to make a great impact on the world.'

make a great impact on the entire world first ron, then I'm sure you will find her..

'I will not feel guilty for desiring a woman who has a strong relationship with her father, family and friends. I will not feel guilty for desiring a woman who will compliment my life and happiness.'

haven't seen any women like that?!
no one has implied that you should feel guilty for valid concerns.. but you are indeed blind to the tone of your language.. ivory is right.. there is something wrong with your package..

'I've always strived for the very best in people, experiences and otherwise. It is the greatness in others who fuel my mission to aim higher in life. There is greatness in everyone if we so choose to embrace it.'

good for you Ron! now, what greatness in others have YOU found!?

'It doesn't make us conceited or narcissistic.'

nope.. just 'above everyone else language' and 'self centeredness' does

'It means believing enough in yourself to carry out a task, goal or dream. It means believing that you're able to filter through the cesspool of a society that's overwhelmed by greed, selfishness and inconsideration to find the aloof woman who's had the same thoughts, values, ideas, goals, dreams and desires as yourself.'

did I say 'above everyone else' language yet?

'Again, thanks for the responses and have a wonderful and inspiring week ahead.'

we will Ron, but it won't be because you granted us the permission.

Last edited by DeanACM; 12-28-2008 at 03:05 PM..

Old 12-28-2008, 03:01 PM

272 posts, read 621,622 times
Dean,

Your brownies are getting cold. Come grab some while they're still hot and we'll hangout and have a nice, long, man-to-man conversation like I do with the rest of the old guys I hangout with.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:08 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,317,579 times
Dean is more interested in getting that nose a little browner by the girlies on this forum. Is dean a boy or girl any way?

Old 12-28-2008, 03:10 PM

52,375 posts, read 52,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Dean is more interested in getting that nose a little browner by the girlies on this forum. Is dean a boy or girl any way?

That thought had crossed my mind...

Old 12-28-2008, 03:12 PM

525 posts, read 949,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
Dean,

Your brownies are getting cold. Come grab some while they're still hot and we'll hangout and have a nice, long, man-to-man conversation like I do with the rest of the old guys I hangout with.

let me know when you actually learn something from them... then I would love to hang out.. brownies sound great...!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships