Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 11:31 AM

486 posts, read 2,113,389 times

Advertisements

How long have you been with this person? If your partner doesn't treat you with respect, it's really time to move. Nothing will ever change. It will just get worse and one day you will wake up years from now and wonder what happened. Time doesn't stand still for no one and remember, you will age and re-selection of a new girlfriend willl be different.

If your girlfriend disrepects you in public, walk away and I mean fast. She is not worth it. No man should be embrassed in public...No Face.

There are a lot of women out that looking for a good man.

Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 11:32 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seastar311 View Post
If she's really as you described she isn't going to change.
I've accepted that,but in the meantime perhaps the actual reality of me leaving might cause her to wake up a bit. If she really doesn't see what she may be doing wrong and also refuses to get help/change at all,then that's really it I guess.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySpring View Post
How long have you been with this person? If your partner doesn't treat you with respect, it's really time to move. Nothing will ever change. It will just get worse and one day you will wake up years from now and wonder what happened. Time doesn't stand still for no one and remember, you will age and re-selection of a new girlfriend willl be different.

If your girlfriend disrepects you in public, walk away and I mean fast. She is not worth it. No man should be embrassed in public...No Face.

There are a lot of women out that looking for a good man.
Well now I don't know how much 'good' is left after all this time and strife.
At this point I just feel like getting away from people altogether.

In some ways she 'respects' me...a little...maybe. In other ways it's the flagrant disrespect she gives to the rest of the world and that's just not right.

I agree that perhaps years from now these 5 years will just be a blur to me,the best I can do is liken it to anyone who's gone through hell whether it be drugs,alcohol...whatever it is that takes away years of your life. I guess I wasn't immune then just b/c I didn't get into drugs or alcohol...life will get you in some way

As for public abuse,she doesn't really do that...although we're so far gone that we'll throw down and argue in public no matter who's around!

Old 12-20-2008, 11:49 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,509 times
You're finally leaving her? 'bout time. Don't think that having you put one foot out the door is going to convince her to think about not having you around anymore so you can have an excuse to get back to the girl. Do yourself a favor, get on out the door, don't come back in and enjoy your life.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:53 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Hey Stuck, I know sometimes it's easier said than done, but if it's that bad, you will be doing both yourself and your wife a favor. You only have one life and YOU have to live it and be happy in it. Get one foot out the door and pull the other one out too. You'll be much happier once you make the break. Move forward, enjoy your life and don't look back. You know I wish you the very best and lots of happiness!

Old 12-20-2008, 11:56 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,228,021 times
I'm not your pal.

Your not a victim. All of the the things that get in the way............you don't have. Therefore, the only thing that is required of you is your own personal happiness. Unless.................that is too much responsibility for you.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
You're finally leaving her? 'bout time. Don't think that having you put one foot out the door is going to convince her to think about not having you around anymore so you can have an excuse to get back to the girl. Do yourself a favor, get on out the door, don't come back in and enjoy your life.
I may have done that in my younger days,but we're married adults now and it just doesn't seem like the thing to do.
One of the rules of this deal I guess is to try and work through whatever you can before calling it a day. I'm like that anyway,I'll ride things out to the bitter end but then won't look back.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:25 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times
Now this is some kool aid I'd like to get into.

I don't have a clue about this thread.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:27 PM

Try and read between the lines if you could
I don't have the energy anymore to rehash everything

Old 12-20-2008, 12:29 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
This situation is getting more volatile by the day...so much so that some days I just feel like going off in a blind rage! I've got to get the f out of here and soon!
I'm tired of her effing prideful attitude that always blames everyone else.
And she doesn't come to any self-realization until my second foot is ready to hit the doorstep.
She's got to drop this prideful attitude sht and start to realize,otherwise that's it. It's just it. No looking back for me and she knows it.
So what exactly is stopping you from leaving
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships