Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 04:55 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Are you some mental health guru now?
Mental health and Money guru.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 07:54 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Since I have a degree in Behavorial Sciences (the study of Psychology and Sociology) and have worked as a relationship counselor, I would say it's safe for me to give a clinical answer to help this person resolve his marriage.

But I wouldn't go so far as to say guru.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
your wife is a sourpuss. not your fault you already said its not about you yes?
you are keeping your vows, this makes you a man of integrity. she is not.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:08 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restorationpromise View Post
I have been married 13 years now and the marriage started out very good and continued for I would say five years. She claims I have turned her down many times and have not met her physical needs.
She now blames me for the way she is (angry, bitter, demanding, insecure) but I continue to tell her I do not have the power to change people. I have watched her over the years remove people from her life that wronged her or made her angry. I become concerned if I wronged her or become less than perfect - I was in trouble and she would shut herself down to me and become numb - no feelings, no communication, like turning off a faucet so to speak. I am not sure what to - she has turned off her feelings and does not re pond to anything. I find it difficult to give physical and love to someone that is bitter and angry with me. Seems to me forgiveness would be the first step, and I believe wife does not know what it means to forgive or steps to forgiveness. Help!!
This is easy! You're in love with what you think your wife is, not what she really is. A cold hearted manipulator who mentally "kills" people when she has no more use for them. And guess what..you're aparently dead to her. Like you've seen her do to others, except you figured YOU could overcome it in your awesomeness. You even described youself as becoming perfect to appease her. That means you feel you succeeded at some points in becoming Jesus, or god...YOU DIDN'T! Go back to the idea you are a powerless human over something like this! Let her go! Sorry.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:24 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
Rut-Ro, Artsy feels threatened that someone is going to take his place as the self declared CD Psychiatrist.

Sit tight on your 'Mental Health Diagnosis' for Dummies' book so no one steals it, Arts.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:26 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Me no understand gibberish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Rut-Ro, Artsy feels threatened that someone is going to take his place as the self declared CD Psychiatrist.

Sit tight on your 'Mental Health Diagnosis' for Dummies' book so no one steals it, Arts.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:28 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post

LOL Thanks, JeepGirl.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:25 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Maybe she needs "happy pills". They work wonders.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:42 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Since I have a degree in Behavorial Sciences (the study of Psychology and Sociology) and have worked as a relationship counselor, I would say it's safe for me to give a clinical answer to help this person resolve his marriage.

But I wouldn't go so far as to say guru.
That's cool. I wanted to be into that... Now I just post. Kinda like, "I'm not into psychology but I play some on CD.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:44 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Maybe she needs "happy pills". They work wonders.
Possible. Never know nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships