Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:48 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times

Advertisements

Whats white privilege? Is that like me...being white...am privileged to be allowed to eat in my favorite Chinese restraunt?

Old 01-04-2009, 10:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
you have things better off than minorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Whats white privilege? Is that like me...being white...am privileged to be allowed to eat in my favorite Chinese restraunt?

Old 01-04-2009, 11:35 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
And what is "reverse racism"?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:49 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
I only read half of this crazy thread but I am getting a bit heated so will stop..of course only after contributing my one cent haha.

For one thing, I find it really amusing when white folks swear that cops are always fair and professional. And that the person HAD to be doing something wrong for the cop to arrest him/her. Oh, its not possible that there are evil corrupt cops out there huh? Not in your world I guess. The treatment one receives often depends on your complexion (and I am white but have seen this first hand many many times with others who are not white) and/or your socioeconomic background. Low class cops who make barely a buck are often from the bottom of the barrel. They can be evil liars on a power trip, though of course there are those who are not. IMHO the majority are unprofessional and on a power trip. Case in point, they showed this story on the local news that was backed up by cameras covering the entire incident that 20 cops busted their way into a family's new year's party and arrested them for doing nothing. You know the local news wont get involved unless the police misconduct is well documented by either cameras, lots of witnesses or broken bones. These people did nothing wrong yet they were treated like criminals, maced up in their own home for no reason at all -- they showed all of the video from the hallway and inside the party so clearly they did nothing wrong. This sort of thing happens all the time unfortunately. Most cops are just lawless criminals from very low class uneducated backgrounds. People who have never seen mistreatment by the cops can stay in their lilly white ivory towers (as someone called it) and talk all the BS they want, doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

And why do people keep making comments about Raggy's 5 dogs. She has a RESCUE dog for god's sake. She is taking care of defenseless animals that need a home. What in the world could be wrong with that??? Have you complainers no heart for other living things that need a home and food?

These neighbors really do need to get a taste of what you have planned for them Raggy, as long as you dont get into trouble. They are pathetic jealous people on the dole, only a rung lower than the cops that arrested you.

Hi Qelinda. I think you do have a good point here, and I can see how you came to this conclusion especially based on the first page or two where we hadn't heard any details, yet I and a couple of others were still dubious.
Lovesmountains definitely did stick up for RA at that point, and has continued to do so throughout the thread, so she is actually on your side.

My suspicions were based a lot less on thinking that all cops are perfect, and that mistakes are never made, and more on what I have read on other posts. She sounded like she might be the kind of person who attracts drama based on other stuff I have read. So I probably was too quick to judge, and I do think you are right that even in this day and age, you are probably more likely to have issues with the police if you are black rather than white, although I DO think that a lot has to do with demeanour.

Having said this, when you started reading the details of the arrest, do you still think it was a black/ white issue?
Because I think a white person would be just as likely to be arressted for exhibiting the same behavior.

The first time she was arressted she had broken one of their windows by punching it with her hand. I think a white person would be just as likely to be hauled off for that as anyone else.
Then she probably had to do a lot less this time, because she already had history.
It does sound like she has done a lot to provoke the neighbors, and they her, and I don't think any of it is a race issue based on RA's posts. They just hate each other, and sometimes it blows up. In those scenarios getting the police involved is probably very sensible rather than just allowing it to take it's course when violent, physical behavior has already been exhibited in the past.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:02 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Had I a history of cruelty to animals or were they found in a filthy place I'd understand.
But you do, however, have an obvious history of aggression and hostility. As long as you continue to deny this, you will continue to have problems with the law, for which you will blame them instead of taking at least partial responsiblity.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:33 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Hi Qelinda. I think you do have a good point here, and I can see how you came to this conclusion especially based on the first page or two where we hadn't heard any details, yet I and a couple of others were still dubious.
Lovesmountains definitely did stick up for RA at that point, and has continued to do so throughout the thread, so she is actually on your side.

My suspicions were based a lot less on thinking that all cops are perfect, and that mistakes are never made, and more on what I have read on other posts. She sounded like she might be the kind of person who attracts drama based on other stuff I have read. So I probably was too quick to judge, and I do think you are right that even in this day and age, you are probably more likely to have issues with the police if you are black rather than white, although I DO think that a lot has to do with demeanour.

Having said this, when you started reading the details of the arrest, do you still think it was a black/ white issue?
Because I think a white person would be just as likely to be arressted for exhibiting the same behavior.

The first time she was arressted she had broken one of their windows by punching it with her hand. I think a white person would be just as likely to be hauled off for that as anyone else.
Then she probably had to do a lot less this time, because she already had history.
It does sound like she has done a lot to provoke the neighbors, and they her, and I don't think any of it is a race issue based on RA's posts. They just hate each other, and sometimes it blows up. In those scenarios getting the police involved is probably very sensible rather than just allowing it to take it's course when violent, physical behavior has already been exhibited in the past.
Is THAT your problem with me??? You think I was sticking up for Raggy just because I said not all arrests are justified?? Oh good grief....

Old 01-05-2009, 11:12 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Closed for mod review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships