Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 09:21 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,827 times

Advertisements

No one has ever said an ill thing to any of my children. I may put up with him bashing me but i'd never allow anyone to cross my kids. You know i'm going through enough right now as it is. I don't need someone like you making it worse. I have stayed with him all these years because of my children all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 09:22 PM

Furthermore I do all the housework..all the cleaning..laundry..taking care of the animals..everything..i do it all..my kids aren't servants and i don't apprecitate you saying this. You have really upset me.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:31 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLuvinWoman1 View Post
Furthermore I do all the housework..all the cleaning..laundry..taking care of the animals..everything..i do it all..my kids aren't servants and i don't apprecitate you saying this. You have really upset me.

she was in error....................it will be all right.............

Old 01-01-2009, 09:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Well I've given it 7 years of trying and i'm just about done trying. I can't go to my dad's without needing to rush right back home. He calls me several times while i'm there. Yes he is controlling. I got a job but had to quit. I got so tired of hearing did you talk to any guys..did any talk to you..did any hit on you. I'm 37 years old..not getting any younger. I wish I could go back i'd find the kind of guy that most refer to as a teddy bear. You know the sweet guy that you can sit around snuggle on the couch and watch movies with. Instead I have one that takes me out once a year on my birthday, gets mad if I even think of losing weight cause that would mean I want other men to look at me. I hate being fat I loved being skinny..i loved being able to tan when I wanted to. I loved being able to dress pretty. Now I can't do any of that exspecially if I'm going somewhere cause then it's all cause I want another man..well u know what..at this point I could care less if I had a man period much less him. sorry i'm just tired. So damn tired of it.
I'm dying to know...what was so all fire appealing about him that you would marry him in the first place??? I really want to know.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:07 AM

I had to take a break. LovesMountain I was with a man before him that rocked my world. I was so in love with him it made my heart ache with love just looking at him. He cheated on me with my sister. He went out with the guys one night and got drunk and my sister was at the bar and well you can figure out the rest. I tried to get over it but I couldn't. When I met my SO he was the total opposite of my ex. He seemed to be someone I could trust and feel safe with and someone I felt would never cheat on me. I didn't realize that I didn't give myself enough time to heal from that hurt before I went on to what I thought was someone that wouldn't hurt me. We adopted our son. He was my sisters baby shortly after we got together so it made me try to work on things all the harder. I felt he deserved that out of me. Also my girls wanted me to stay. They liked me being able to be home with them. Before I got with my SO I had to work and when I got with him they liked me being home. When I left him they wanted me to go back and I didn't like sharing our son. So I went back. I'm not going to sit here and tell you i'm [perfect..no one is. But I've never cheated, I don't go to bars, I don't go running around. I do have my lil quirks but I try to be kind and I try to do for others. If I ever feel ready to be with someone. I will make sure to take more time and I will expect those qualities in a person that I am willing to give myself.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:30 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,117,244 times
CountryLuvinwoman, Just please be careful and safe. If you need to get out, where you go doesn't really matter. It doesn't have to be permanent and you will be able to find a good place to live once you get your feet under you. Change is always scary, expecially when your self esteem has been broken down, but sometimes change is necessary.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:50 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Around Here we have Mountain Law. We don't tolerate abuse/cruelty to Ladies, Youngsters, four legged friends..........................nuff said.
Yes! We have the "code of the hills" here also. Our Sheriff knows when to look the other way. Quite effective!

Old 01-02-2009, 05:53 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Why is that child more important than your other children? You are just as guilty as your husband of treating the child you have together better than your other children.

I could never be with a man who treated any of my children like they are simply household servants while he doted on his child. How do you think they feel? Do you think they believe you love them or care about their emotional well-being.

If you think that living with this man has been hell for you, imagine how it's been for them. No love or affection from him and you being okay with it. Poor kids.
WOW! Was this really needed? Guilt is the last thing she needs. Think before you post. Ok Speed?

Old 01-02-2009, 07:01 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
Quote:
He's a good dad to our child but does nothing with mine. I know mine aren't babies anymore..one is grown and the other two are almost there 17 and 16 but you know would it hurt to maybe conversate with them outside of giving out the weekly chores?
I apologize. He sounds like "Father of the Year" Where would I ever get the idea that he isn't a good step father?

The OP posted this, not me. I would NEVER be with a man I posted this about and any woman who would doesn't care about her children. I would NEVER have my children live with a man who "does nothing with them" while "he's a good father to HIS child". It's sad that no one here thinks that is emotionally damaging. Imagine being a child living with someone who couldn't care less about you. At the children who live in group homes and foster care can rationalize "these people aren't my family" but these children live with a man who, for all intents and purposes is their father and their mother not only thinks this is acceptable, but defensible.

I couldn't care less if your "blood is boiling" mine boiled when I read how insensitive you were to the damage you are doing to your children.

And Capt Dan, if guilt will get her to think about her children instead of herself, then that's exactly what she needs.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:06 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
No i'm not singing to ya. I'm just bout at my wits end. I'm trying so hard to make this work. We have a child between us and I have children from a previous. I'm just thinking that if I live to be a really old lady can I survive another 50 to 60 years of this. It makes me think i don't want to live to be an old lady if I have to deal with this and I plan on living to be a 105 so for the love of pete what should I do? He is one of those men that has no sense of humor..in 7 years i've probably heard him laugh maybe 10 times..he beeches non stop and I'm not sure how much more I can take. I just sit there and try so hard to just ignore the fact that he's going off on me but dangit if it isn't hard. He's a good dad to our child but does nothing with mine. I know mine aren't babies anymore..one is grown and the other two are almost there 17 and 16 but you know would it hurt to maybe conversate with them outside of giving out the weekly chores? I left yesterday to go to walmart and a couple other places. I was gone 3 hours..he was fit to be tied. I haven't went anywhere without him in 2 or 3 months..After that I had to run my nieces home..he was mad about that nad gritched..So something just snapped in me and I just felt nothing..I didn't say anything to him. I just felt nothing. I have felt nothing towards him all day today. I don't know what to make of it. But I've just had enough. I'm trying so hard to stay til our youngest is grown but I'm just not so sure i'm gonna make it. Sorry so long. oh and Happy New Year to everyone. I hope everyone is having a good time.
Seek professional help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships