Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 03:36 PM

355 posts, read 814,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
What do you mean most gays still get bashed to a certain degree?
You just said most of your friends feel fine being out of the closet....
Just the normal comments that gay men have had to deal with in a predominantly hetero male dominated society. I think you know what I mean, artsyguy.

My gay friends are all over 30. They don't give a fook about what other people think of them. They're all quite comfortable being openly gay.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
So is vancouver an amazing city?
Do you think I should move there??
Is it expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
Just the normal comments that gay men have had to deal with in a predominantly hetero male dominated society. I think you know what I mean, artsyguy.

My gay friends are all over 30. They don't give a fook about what other people think of them. They're all quite comfortable being openly gay.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:39 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
On another board there was a discussion about a little boy (about 6 I think), who had strong feminine characteristics. He likes to play with dolls, likes pink, wants to get both ears pierced, etc.

I made the comment that the mom needs to teach her son how to be a man or he might turn out to be gay. Lots of people took serious offense to this and said.... "Whats wrong with being gay?????"

Well, truly, there is nothing WRONG with it. But if I had a son...I would not want him to be gay. Mostly because I think that Gay people have a lot of prejudice against them and have to deal with a lot of krap from the rest of the world. To me life is just much eaiser for non-gay people in this day and age.

I am wondering. Do you think it is ok to be Gay? If you had a kid, would you care if he/she turned out gay or not?

20yrsinBranson
My daughter was gay. Ohhh no, no grandchild....well she had one!

Maybe you should read "To Kill a Mockingbird" the charactors are real people...Dill grows up to be Truman Capote. His GAY childhood friendship with her, inspired her to write the Great American Novel! First and last try!

Did you know that schools used to try and discourage left handed writing?

That it used to be acceptable to strap a "retarded" persons head to a dinnertble and push food to them?

That an Alcoholic like me, used to be considered beyond hope?

Old 01-07-2009, 03:41 PM

What is your point bozo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
My daughter was gay. Ohhh no, no grandchild....well she had one!

Maybe you should read "To Kill a Mockingbird" the charactors are real people...Dill grows up to be Truman Capote. His GAY childhood friendship with her, inspired her to write the Great American Novel! First and last try!

Did you know that schools used to try and discourage left handed writing?

That it used to be acceptable to strap a "retarded" persons head to a dinnertble and push food to them?

That an Alcoholic like me, used to be considered beyond hope?

Old 01-07-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
So is vancouver an amazing city?
Do you think I should move there??
Is it expensive?
Vancouver is expensive, but it has it's own "joie de vivre". It's far more laid back and relaxed than Calgary. Calgary is also an expensive city to live in.

You might not agree with me, but I think Miami is a good city for gays ... because for the size of the city, they have so much to offer. The weather is better than what you'd get in Canada, too!!! Although Miami is in the US

Old 01-07-2009, 03:46 PM

Isn't it hot and steamy in Miami? Also the hurricanes and tropical storms are troublesome there. What else does Miami offer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
Vancouver is expensive, but it has it's own "joie de vivre". It's far more laid back and relaxed than Calgary. Calgary is also an expensive city to live in.

You might not agree with me, but I think Miami is a good city for gays ... because for the size of the city, they have so much to offer. The weather is better than what you'd get in Canada, too!!! Although Miami is in the US

Old 01-07-2009, 03:47 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,719 times
Quote:
Are you serious? How would you know? You do not live in all of those countries at the same time? You live just in one.
I read other countries newspapers, speak to people and visit other countries. Like I said you are not going to see it on the level of America in other English speaking countries because others are not as religious but it is still taboo you will get comments if you tread outside the designated areas.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:48 PM

Oh really. Hmmm. Any anecdotes to tell Mr. Sociologist??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I read other countries newspapers, speak to people and visit other countries. Like I said you are not going to see it on the level of America in other English speaking countries because others are not as religious but it is still taboo you will get comments if you tread outside the designated areas.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:50 PM

What is the exchange of the dollar to the Canadian bill? Do I loose money or gain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post

Old 01-07-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Isn't it hot and steamy in Miami? Also the hurricanes and tropical storms are troublesome there. What else does Miami offer??
Yeah, you do get tropical storms and hurricanes. But I think this makes up for it:

Gay Men's Resort Hotel Island House Key West Travel

Gay / Lesbian Key West Florida Official Tourism Website - Southernmost City in the Continental USA

return to key west
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships