Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,431,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
It's not that I consider a 14 average, rather it IS average, according to statistics. I consider that to be overweight, and maybe it is, but people are getting heftier. I only recently got a digital camera (I don't even have a DVD) so I guess I am a bit behind the times. Yes, I could have picked a few extra lbs, but I live in denial that I let things get so out of control in the past year. This is part of the reason I am quitting my job. I must have put on 15 extra lbs in the past five months. This time last year I was a size 4/6
You are cracking me up. LOL He's probably going to lose interest if you don't meet soon enough. So don't go crazy trying to get thinner, you really might make yourself sick. So either tell him the truth, or just meet him and let him get to know you in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 AM

146 posts, read 369,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
She deceives him and he's a loser? I'd be hot if someone portrayed themselves to me in a manner they were not.
thats why she needs to tell him the truth like the post read ** it was a year old pic ** and she never updated it

Old 01-11-2009, 09:13 AM

37,659 posts, read 46,099,064 times
Quote:
It's not that I consider a 14 average, rather it IS average, according to statistics. I consider that to be overweight, and maybe it is, but people are getting heftier. I only recently got a digital camera (I don't even have a DVD) so I guess I am a bit behind the times. Yes, I could have picked a few extra lbs, but I live in denial that I let things get so out of control in the past year. This is part of the reason I am quitting my job. I must have put on 15 extra lbs in the past five months. This time last year I was a size 4/6
Unless you are 6 ft tall, most guys are not going to consider that "average". Doesn't matter what the statistics are. I agree though...many people DO use the "average" category yet they are overweight. It's one more reason to make sure that the person has provided recent pics.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:13 AM

841 posts, read 4,842,537 times
Quote:
Just a day! He invited me over to his house to watch the game. Way too fast for me. I'd prefer to exchange several emails, followed by phone calls, followed by meeting for coffee in a public place. I am in no rush. I haven't gone out with anyone since March and don't want another repeat of what took place in the past year and a half. I'd like to be friends first - yunno, build something on a solid foundation.
Right off the bat I see a red flag that he most likely has poor boundaries. What guy who is a complete stranger invites a woman back to his house to watch the game? He's read your profile and immediately invites you over. That's scary. He either sounds immature, not safe, or doesn't understand safe dating practices.
I agree with you about exchanging several emails first, meet in a public place after the email exchanges, etc.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:15 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,458,141 times
Quote:
She deceives him and he's a loser? I'd be hot if someone portrayed themselves to me in a manner they were not.
I think deception is a very strong word. The first pic I posted my hair was lighter. In fact, both my pics on that site have different color hair. I said I had dark brown hair in my profile, which it is now. Maybe I'm strange, but my weight has gone up and down over the years, but it doesn't drastically alter my appearance.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,559,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You talkin' to me?? No idea what you are referring to.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps!!!!!

Got the wrong person.

Please accept my apology. It was meant for the originator of this thread.

Of course, on the other hand, if you also wanted to have some fun... OK, OK, just joking!!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 AM

There's nothing wrong with meeting someone right away as long as you do it in a very public place and take the same precautions you would advise a child to when dealing with strangers. Don't get into a car with them. Don't let them get you away from public view. Meet over a cup of coffee for a few minutes and chat, then go your separate ways.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I think deception is a very strong word. The first pic I posted my hair was lighter. In fact, both my pics on that site have different color hair. I said I had dark brown hair in my profile, which it is now. Maybe I'm strange, but my weight has gone up and down over the years, but it doesn't drastically alter my appearance.
Then you are sweating over nothing.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:19 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,458,141 times
Quote:
You are cracking me up. LOL He's probably going to lose interest if you don't meet soon enough. So don't go crazy trying to get thinner, you really might make yourself sick. So either tell him the truth, or just meet him and let him get to know you in person.
Don't meet soon enough! It's been a day!

I won't get sick, but I will get back on that cross trainer. I can tell the difference after one day. My weight has gone so up and down over the years I am used to it. I just have a stressful week to get through and then the focus will shift...

Old 01-11-2009, 09:19 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,559,976 times
Quote:
There's nothing wrong with meeting someone right away as long as you do it in a very public place and take the same precautions you would advise a child to when dealing with strangers. Don't get into a car with them. Don't let them get you away from public view. Meet over a cup of coffee for a few minutes and chat, then go your separate ways.

Met my DW on the internet. That's how we did it. Some emails, meeting somewhere in separate cars... these things should be taken one step at a time for your safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships