Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:19 AM

37,669 posts, read 46,114,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I think deception is a very strong word. The first pic I posted my hair was lighter. In fact, both my pics on that site have different color hair. I said I had dark brown hair in my profile, which it is now. Maybe I'm strange, but my weight has gone up and down over the years, but it doesn't drastically alter my appearance.
You said you were a size 4/6 a year ago, and now you are a size 14. If your pics reflect that difference, yeah, that is a substantial difference. Just post a current pic and be done with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 09:21 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,459,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps!!!!!

Got the wrong person.

Please accept my apology. It was meant for the originator of this thread.

Of course, on the other hand, if you also wanted to have some fun... OK, OK, just joking!!
The originator of this thread isn't that kind of girl.

But I am now wondering if that could be a guy's motivation. I mean, watching the game is kind of an odd way to get to know someone.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You said you were a size 4/6 a year ago, and now you are a size 14. If your pics reflect that difference, yeah, that is a substantial difference. Just post a current pic and be done with it.
No, I am not a 14. I said that was average. Average to me is a 10 or 12, but we're really slicing hairs here. It depends on one's bone structure and I am not a small boned person. When I was a size 4/6 my former BF told me I looked anorexic. My other friends all said my face was too thin, so I am probably better off being a bigger size, even though it was fun.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps!!!!!

Got the wrong person.

Please accept my apology. It was meant for the originator of this thread.

Of course, on the other hand, if you also wanted to have some fun... OK, OK, just joking!!
Ha. Oh I am already having plenty of fun....thanks!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,781,705 times
Quote:
No, I am not a 14. I said that was average. Average to me is a 10 or 12, but we're really slicing hairs here. It depends on one's bone structure and I am not a small boned person. When I was a size 4/6 my former BF told me I looked anorexic. My other friends all said my face was too thin, so I am probably better off being a bigger size, even though it was fun.

Probably most men can accept a size 10, if that's your current size, it might not be a big deal but don't meet in his house.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,781,705 times
What you could do is tell him you believe in safe dating and will meet him in a public place, if the weight difference is one or two sizes different - 4/6 to 6/8 or 8/10 - and you really are in an average weight category then the weight shouldn't be an issue.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What you could do is tell him you believe in safe dating and will meet him in a public place, if the weight difference is one or two sizes different - 4/6 to 6/8 or 8/10 - and you really are in an average weight category then the weight shouldn't be an issue.
Agreed!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yeah, as long as I feel fat, it will always be an issue. But that is my own personal problem and probably why my weight has fluctuated so much over the years. Maybe that is why I don't see this as a misrepresentation issue, as I know me and that I'll be down there again. Our society is awfully focused on weight. Now there was this guy on there who posted a pic of himself with a full head of hair, yet put bald on his profile. That to me is misrepresentation, as that hair ain't coming back.

Oh well, I appreciate everyone's input. Thank you. The unemployment issue is probably what is going to screw things up, but they have no category on that site for unemployed..

Old 01-11-2009, 09:57 AM

146 posts, read 369,600 times
Quote:
if a REAL man wants to be with you your size will not matter to him ..at the same time you need to take care of yourself if being bigger makes you happy or being small makes you happy its up to you but... being healthy should be #1 i may be wrong here but to me it sounds like this guy only after one day wants to meet you at his home **** red flag***might be just looking for someone to keep his bed warm at nite and by reading what you said in this post i know you are smarter that that i would say to you ... that maybe of what is going on in your life right now to just slow down you will know when you are ready to start dating again good luck to you ...PS.... plzzzzz be safe

Old 01-11-2009, 10:09 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,561,861 times
Quote:
The originator of this thread isn't that kind of girl.

But I am now wondering if that could be a guy's motivation. I mean, watching the game is kind of an odd way to get to know someone.

I'm sure that's his motivation. If not, he's not a "guy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships