Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:47 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,006,903 times

Advertisements

I'm less than one month into my CD experience, and already I notice that there are a lot of people who discourage, seemingly loathe, any discussions of race and race relations. Why is that?

EDIT- I'm not talking in terms of dating, but overall relationships between races.

Last edited by IZthe411; 01-13-2009 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: TO CLARIFY MY QUESTION.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 07:52 AM

7,004 posts, read 21,356,568 times
Not everyone has an open mind when it comes to race issues. Also it could be because the race theme has been covered so many times that people are reluctant to comment about it.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Not everyone has an open mind when it comes to race issues. Also it could be because the race theme has been covered so many times that people are reluctant to comment about it.

That's what I thought. But there are a lot of redundant topics that people will discuss again and again. But when it comes to race, people treat it like some taboo subject. I find it kind of disheartening that people would rather close a thread then respectfully hear others out on the subject.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:17 AM

968 posts, read 2,591,692 times
My philosophy is stupidity does not discriminate.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:24 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,270,859 times
Are you referring to so many people giving snide remarks when a race oriented thread is posted?? Well, I am one of them. We are inundated with the most ridiculous threads about race and interracial relations. The mods have even asked that no more threads are started...they are ridiculous.

"Why don't I see more Asian women with African American men working at Starbucks together?" "Where have all the Nordic gnomes and Bigfoot couples gone?" "Are white women with small feet more attracted to Hispanic men with a club foot?"

Obviously, these are tongue in cheek but the original threads were not much better. Seriously, the threads got so out of hand I am sick of it.

Hope you will find other things to post while you are here. The forum has been saturated with silly posts only meant to incite bad feelings.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:28 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,772,605 times
Myself personally get sick of all the inter-racial dating threads...
There gets to be too many of them and they border on being silly..
As far a race related topics go its a hard subject to discuss without
People throwing the "Racist" label out.
Some people cant openly and honestly discuss race without the knee-jerk
Reaction of calling people racist for expressing a thought or view.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:33 AM

I understand the dumb dating scenerios....but race is an aspect of 'relationships', nonetheless, and like I've been reading, the only way you are going to find out, is to ask sincere questions. In some respects this is a forum to help you with misconceptions so as to not make the mistake of offending someone or a whole group of people due to ignorance.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,291,306 times
Default Stop!

http://enigma.dune.net/%7Eeric/Do-not-feed-the-troll.PNG (broken link)

Old 01-13-2009, 08:48 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,199,778 times
Maybe you see inter-racial dating as something different or maybe even taboo.Kind of like my wife in every conversation she would bring up the fact my adopted kids were of another race.I told her I really wish she would quit it because in my eyes they were just kids.Because they were of a different race didn't make them special to everyone else even though they are special to us.

hillman

Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 AM

937 posts, read 2,836,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Are you referring to so many people giving snide remarks when a race oriented thread is posted?? Well, I am one of them. We are inundated with the most ridiculous threads about race and interracial relations. The mods have even asked that no more threads are started...they are ridiculous.

"Why don't I see more Asian women with African American men working at Starbucks together?" "Where have all the Nordic gnomes and Bigfoot couples gone?" "Are white women with small feet more attracted to Hispanic men with a club foot?"

Obviously, these are tongue in cheek but the original threads were not much better. Seriously, the threads got so out of hand I am sick of it.

Hope you will find other things to post while you are here. The forum has been saturated with silly posts only meant to incite bad feelings.
That about sums it up.

"Why do all women love black men?" "I found a white women who didnt want to date me. Im black. Is she racist?" Gets QUITE old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships