Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 6,327 times

Advertisements

Okay here is the problem will try to make it as short as possible.
About 2 years ago I met a girl, she was 20 I was 18. We took things slow and one night she asked me how many people I have slept with. Being a guy I lied and just said the number 3 coming to my mind with the amount of girls i have "slept" with but not had sex with. Thinking that she had at least had to have slept with her boyfriend of 3 years which she broke up with a year before. Well she then told me she was a virgin. In reality I was a virgin too. 8 months later we are in a commited relationship and have sex. and now about 14 months later she still thinks I had slept with 3 other girls. I have lied to her multiples times when she has asked where they girlfriends etc..

So for some reason it just came to my head that I should tell her, I been dating her for almost two years now. I am afriad its too late to tell the truth. I wanted to earlier but being a guy and just immature I was just afriad to tell her the truth.

So should I? Is it an important detail? Will she be furious with me?

thanks for the advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 10:11 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Yeh you should tell her and yeh..she may be ticked and wonder what else you lie about. So you better come clean about all else. And don't be a sissy and afraid to say you were embarrassed. A lot of guys seem embarrassed of that.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:12 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myguy1212 View Post
About 2 years ago I met a girl, she was 20 I was 18. We took things slow and one night she asked me how many people I have slept with. Being a guy I lied and just said the number 3 coming to my mind with the amount of girls i have "slept" with but not had sex with. Thinking that she had at least had to have slept with her boyfriend of 3 years which she broke up with a year before. Well she then told me she was a virgin. In reality I was a virgin too. 8 months later we are in a commited relationship and have sex. and now about 14 months later she still thinks I had slept with 3 other girls. I have lied to her multiples times when she has asked where they girlfriends etc..

So for some reason it just came to my head that I should tell her, I been dating her for almost two years now. I am afriad its too late to tell the truth. I wanted to earlier but being a guy and just immature I was just afriad to tell her the truth.

thanks for the advice.
I think you should come clean. Expect a wrath like no other though....

But I think you should explain why you lied. Because you thought she did the freaky with her ex of 3 years, you felt embarrassed to say that you were a virgin and lied about it. Make sure to not have anything hot and liquid or metallic and solid around when you tell her this as a precaution

You will get smacked around a bit for lying...but I'm pretty sure she'll be relieved to hear that you didn't have any other exes...

Good luck

Old 03-17-2010, 10:13 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,250 times
Tell her. No more secrets!
When will people learn?

Old 03-17-2010, 10:15 AM

865 posts, read 2,431,991 times
I think you should tell her too. She may be mad b/c you lied to her, but if you make her understand it was b/c you felt embarrassed, hopefully she'll understand. And let her realize too that this makes her your "one and only", just like she is for you, and that will make it more special b/t you two.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:16 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Just be upfront and tell her.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:19 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myguy1212 View Post

thanks for the advice.
Assuming your relationship is solid and going places then the truth is the only thing you tell each other no matter what. Lies or withholding is a sand castle that will wash a good relationship away.

There is one other little understood point here......
the fact that both of you were virgins at the start is a very good thing because as long as you stay committed to each other neither of you will ever wonder if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. A very good glue to hold a relationship together.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
I think you should tell her too. She may be mad b/c you lied to her, but if you make her understand it was b/c you felt embarrassed, hopefully she'll understand. And let her realize too that this makes her your "one and only", just like she is for you, and that will make it more special b/t you two.
I think she might understand.

She might find this endearing.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:25 AM

851 posts, read 3,626,809 times
Just play American Pie II where they talk about the "Rule of Three" - when a guy talks about number, take that and divide by three.

When can women learn?

Old 03-17-2010, 10:28 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
I agree with everyone. Just tell her. She may get upset, but it's not a major dealbreaker IMO.

P.S. - The longer you wait to tell her, the worse the lie becomes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships