Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 05:45 PM

440 posts, read 1,684,087 times

Advertisements

Athletic & Toned is what I mainly see many of you considering "curvy".

Old 01-22-2009, 05:53 PM

897 posts, read 1,594,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
Based on the pics of those statues you posted I'm guessing that it's close to what YOU look like and you want people to agree with you that it's curvy. Alright, it's curvy, are you happy? No more now, right? The fact of the matter is that pretty much all of the pictures posted (with the exception of the really big ladies) have been of curvy women. Funny how women can't stand it when someone who is more toned than they are are seen as attractive.

You went through the trouble of explaining just how much work you do with your horses and how much you work out every day and yet you keep arguing that "athletic and toned" is what people are thinking about when they think curves. Well, like I stated before, when most men think of curves they don't think of the curve that a woman's stomach forms when looked at from the side. They prefer a woman's stomach to be flat while the buttocks and breasts stick out instead. The curves that matter are the ones made by the breasts, the buttocks and the hips and thighs. Deal with it.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:56 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,516,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Based on the pics of those statues you posted I'm guessing that it's close to what YOU look like and you want people to agree with you that it's curvy. Alright, it's curvy, are you happy? No more now, right? The fact of the matter is that pretty much all of the pictures posted (with the exception of the really big ladies) have been of curvy women. Funny how women can't stand it when someone who is more toned than they are are seen as attractive.

You went through the trouble of explaining just how much work you do with your horses and how much you work out every day and yet you keep arguing that "athletic and toned" is what people are thinking about when they think curves. Well, like I stated before, when most men think of curves they don't think of the curve that a woman's stomach forms when looked at from the side. They prefer a woman's stomach to be flat while the buttocks and breasts stick out instead. The curves that matter are the ones made by the breasts, the buttocks and the hips and thighs. Deal with it.
+1

Old 01-22-2009, 05:59 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,995,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Well, like I stated before, when most men think of curves they don't think of the curve that a woman's stomach forms when looked at from the side. They prefer a woman's stomach to be flat while the buttocks and breasts stick out instead. The curves that matter are the ones made by the breasts, the buttocks and the hips and thighs. Deal with it.
Here's another +1

You got it exactly right.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,498,097 times
[quote=DaBeez;7104814]Hard to find examples nowadays of fat women in entertainment but here are a few:

Queen Latifah
Jennifer Hudson
Crazy post pregnancy Brittany Spears
Aretha Franklin[/QUOTE

The only one on this list who is genuinely "fat" is Aretha Franklin.
I wouldn't even call her "fat"...morbidly obese is more like it.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:04 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,995,359 times
The statues that were posted earlier are not what I call "curvy". They are what is called "rubenesque".

Heres a photo gallery of "rubenesque" women. It does not contain photos of "curvy" women.

Flickr: "rubenesque" (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/rubenesque/?page=2 - broken link)

Old 01-22-2009, 06:07 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,620,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
I agree that the stomach, legs and arms should be toned, or at least free of cellulite or sagging. Then couple that with large hips, butt and breasts and you got a curvy woman.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:10 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,498,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Ooooh. Good one. She falls a bit more into the "curvy" category than the skinny category as I mentioned in an earlier post - Victoria's Secret Models are NOT skinny - they are more curvy.

Even though I am not such a big fan of Gisele (Adriana Lima and Allessandra Ambrosio are much much hotter), she gets a lot of bonus points with guys by simply being Brazilian.

I don't see what's so hot about Gisele..her body may be nice (if you like skinny types with small boobs) but she's not beautiful by any stretch of the imagination.
Anna Nicole Smith was beautiful AND had a nice body, like all models should be.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:23 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,620,760 times
OK, LK, keep your pants on. Maybe even DaBeez will agree with me here

My opinions only - so settle down if you get upset.

This is curvy to the max, her waist is toned and trim as are her arms, and judging from the bottom portion of the picture, the legs are trim too. Settle down LionKing, settle down. So, I consider this curvy, a little extreme for me, but curvy. Down LK, down! (SORRY about the tramp stamp LK, I can photoshop it off if you like! LOL)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

CURVY

Bless her heart, but this is not curvy, but thank goodness there are men out there who like women in all shapes and sizes.

Uh, Not curvy, just an over the top boob job. She has no hips or butt.

SCARY

And just a little something for the ladies, we need to recoop from looking at pictures of women

Old 01-22-2009, 06:23 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,533,280 times
one moment. you are talking about my internet dating right?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships